Following is a handpicked list of Top Image Viewer for Windows, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best Windows 10 Photo (Picture) Viewer Apps & Software: Free Download
Movavi Photo Manager is a tool for Windows, which enables users to manage digital photo collection. It helps you to edit individual or multiple images for the enhancement. The software also helps you to flip, crop rotate, and resize the photo.
- It enables you to manage RAW, PNG, JPEG, and many other formats.
- Automatically detects faces in the photo and create an album of each person.
- You can add tags to image files.
- It enables you to find and remove duplicate photos from your hard drive quickly.
- View photos in full-screen mode.
- The software can select visually similar images for you.
- Review automatically created photo albums which are sorted by the company.
Adobe Photoshop Elements is a tool that enables you to edit, create, manage, and share photos. It allows you to add motion to your static images with just one mouse click.
- You can add personalized quotes or messages to pictures.
- Allows you to create landscape images with ease.
- Offers customized effects to your photos.
- You can move, scale, or duplicate objects.
- This tool automatically adjusts the position of the human face for a selfie.
Photo Commander is a software that helps you to manage your digital photographs with ease. It has user friendly wizard that helps you to edit the image with minimal efforts.
- Allows you to view photos in the slideshow.
- Easy to adjust the brightness and color of your images.
- This application can auto-adjust your images for visual clarity.
- Helps you to improve the quality of the image.
- You can share images on social media sites or through email.
- Enables you to convert images between numerous file formats.
Jalbum is application that enables you to create a photo album website from your images. It allows you to create folders to organize your album with no hassle.
- You can drag and drop images to this web application.
- A photo album can be uploaded to any website or blog.
- You can customize the presentation.
- Allows you to create or edit templates.
- Supports more than 160 different video formats suitable for web presentation.
- You can adjust any images with Straighten and crop tools.
5) Excire Foto
Excire Foto is a powerful image viewer app for Windows OS. It is designed for easy photo management and quick content-based browsing. Excire tool also helps you to quickly find the photos you are looking for.
- Automatically analyses and tags your photos.
- Intelligent content-based navigation.
- Allows you to transfer Excire Foto keywords to photo or XMP files.
- Excire AI runs securely on your local computer and photos are not uploaded to the cloud for analysis!
- You can also share your best moments with your family and friends.
PhotoDirector is one of the best photo editing software tools which offer advanced color controls and intuitive layer editing. It also offers world-class stock images and music tracks to make creative GIFs. This photo editing software allows access to stock catalogs of different categories.
- Allows you to turn your photos into digital art.
- It takes complexity out of complex image editing.
- You can polish your projects with frame packs.
- Helps you to envision your designs with an ever-growing collection of stock images.
- Unlimited access to Shutterstock and Getty Images.
ACDSee Ultimate is a tool that can find duplicate images from a variety of locations and folders. You can get pictures stored on cloud storage apps like OneDrive or DropBox.
- Convert massive images into other formats.
- The tool is fully customizable.
- View collection of images by date.
- Wirelessly send images to ACDSee Photo Studio from your mobile.
- Supports HEIF (High-Efficiency Image File Format) file formats.
- Erase unwanted objects in the photo.
- It provides image cropping.
- Automatically correct the exposure levels of any photo.
- Adjust the contrast of any image.
- This software allows you to view files in ZIP format without extraction.
Apowersoft Photo Viewer is an app that provides a free cloud service. It supports numerous image formats like PNG, BMP, JPG, etc. This software comes with a function of processing images in batch.
- You can share photos instantly with other people.
- View long images with ease.
- Screenshot anything which is there on your screen.
- Offers free cloud space.
- It can also work as a PDF reader app.
Wondershare Fotophire is a tool that enables you to quickly edit photos. It helps you to remove the image background with few mouse clicks.
- You can remove unwanted objects from your photo.
- It offers more than 200 effects.
- Wondershare Fotophire allows you to crop images with ease.
- It enables you to add text to your photo.
10) Microsoft Photos
Microsoft Photos is image viewer for window OS that enables you to edit photos with no hassle. This software enables you to search photos for places, people, things, and more.
- You can make images smaller for fast scrolling.
- It has improved navigation and design.
- You can crop, and rotate photos, adjust color, lighting, and more.
- Enables you to fix red eyes and blemishes in photos.
- View photos and albums from all your devices.
- See images as a slideshow.
- Set image as a lock screen image or desktop background.
- This tool automatically arranges photos in a timeline that can be scrollable.
- It supports image formats like BMP, JPEG, JPEG GIF, PNG, and more.
11) 123 Photo Viewer
123 Photo Viewer is a tool having a simple user interface. This tool supports the most common image formats like .bmp, gif, .jpg, .jpeg, and many more.
- Animation formats supported by this software are GIF, PNG, etc.
- You can magnify images.
- Use delete key for fast deletion of any file
- You can use a mouse to drag and drop images to the directory.
- Press ‘ESC’ key to quite from the application.
- 123 Photo Viewer enables you to change the format and rename image in batch.
ScanMyPhotos is a website that enables you to scan and view your photos with ease. This service helps you to enhance your old pictures.
- Offers photo restoration facility.
- It provides you video transfer service.
- ScanMyPhotos allows you to scan all your photos in bulk.
- You will get fast digitization of your photographs.
13) Google Photos
Google Photos allows you to share photos with friends and family using shared albums. It is one of the best photo viewer for Windows 10 which enables you to make room for more memories.
- This picture viewer for Windows 10 enables you to get back up unlimited photos, images, and videos for free, up to 16MP.
- This free photo viewer app helps you in the management of phone storage.
- It allows you to access them from any phone, tablet, or computer.
- See your photos automatically organized by the people, places, and things that matter.
- Navigate a lifetime of photos with simple gestures.
XnView is a free image viewer that enables users to open and make changes in photos easily. This Windows photo viewer supports JPEG, TIFF (Tagged Image File Format), PNG, PSD (Photoshop Document), GIF, etc.
- You can adjust the color of image, resize, and crop it.
- This JPEG viewer can find duplicate images
- You can quickly view photos and manage images.
- Rename file in batch.
- Create a slideshow of images.
- Available for mobile phones as well as PC.
IrfanView is a compact and free image viewer for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. It provides multi-language support. This photo viewer for PC software enables you to preview images using Thumbnail.
- This picture viewer for Windows 10 supports multiple undo steps.
- You can cut or crop any image.
- Convert image from one format to another in batch.
- You can save slideshow as SCR or EXE.
- Provides directory view of images.
- It allows you to add a watermark into the image.
- Change color in depth.
- Multipage TIF (Tagged Image Format File) editing is possible.
- You can rotate JPEG files.
- This JPG viewer tool supports OCR tread text from image and export in an editable format.
16) FastStone Image Viewer
FastStone Image Viewer is an image viewer for Windows 10. It supports numerous different image formats. It is one of the best image viewer tool which allows you to view photos in a variety of ways, like full screen, thumbnails, etc.
- It provides a fast and user-friendly photo browser.
- FastStone offers quick access to EXIF (Exchangeable Image File Format) information.
- This tool provides HD magnifier and a musical slideshow with many transactional effects.
- You can drag and drop photos to a directory.
- Add special effects on the image.
- It has a customizable image magnifier.
- This tool has multi-level undo/ redo capability.
- FastStone Image Viewer supports one-touch best fit or actual size display.
- You can compare images side by side.
HoneyView is a portable free image viewer. This tool supports operating systems like Windows XP, Vista, 7,8, and 10. You can use it to convert batch photo format conversion with resizing.
- Supports formats like GIF, JPG, BMP, PNG, and more.
- A portable version is also available.
- This JPG viewer Windows 10 is a freeware software.
- This photo viewer app for Windows 10 allows you to view files in a RAR or ZIP folder without unzipping it.
ImageGlass is a lightweight and versatile image viewing software. It is designed for Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 7 and Vista.
- This photo viewer app for Windows 10 supports more than 70 file formats.
- You can personalize the software the way you like.
- Switch quickly between images.
- Open-source image viewer that can be used for any purpose.
GonVisor is a free sequential image viewer designed for Microsoft Windows. It enables you to view images in the form of a comic book or magazine.
- This program supports Brazilian, Dutch, English, French, and German, and more languages.
- You can enhance images that are bad taken or scanned.
- You can effortlessly check which comic book you have started reading.
- This free photo viewer for Windows 10 download tool allows you to sort images and add a description.
- This software enables you to view images quickly.
- Support a full-screen view.
- Adjust image according to the size of your screen.
- Rotate image and save it with a new direction.
Nomacs is a free and open source image viewer that supports multiple platforms. It is one of the best photo viewer for Windows 10 that helps you to view all common image formats, including PSD and RAW files. It displays additional information like thumbnails, metadata, and histogram.
- You can browse images in MS Office files or zip that can be extracted to any directory.
- This image viewer for Windows 10 offers file explorer panel that allows switching between folders.
- You can add notes to the image.
- You can apply filters within the directory.
21) Photo Mechanic
Photo Mechanic is an application that enables you to view, organize, manage, and export digital photos. This tool makes the process of choosing, managing, and adding metadata to your image easier.
- You can edit any image quickly.
- It is one of the best photo viewer Windows 10 which enables you to copy images from memory cards.
- You can add metadata to the image.
- It has a basic feature that helps you to preview images with ease.
- Contains structured Keyword lists that enable you to add related keywords for searching a file.
- Copy, delete, tag, watermark, rename, and resize the image in batch.
- Geotag images by applying your saved GPS tracking logs.
- Synchronize photos from more than one camera.
- You can view and compare images side by side.
DigiKam is an open-source and free image viewer and tag editor written in C++. This tool can work with Operating systems like Linux, Windows, and even macOS. This Windows image viewer contains a set of tools that can be used for importing, managing, editing, and sharing photo.
- You can transfer photos directly from external storage devices like USB sticks, SD cards, etc.
- Process images and publish them to social media.
- Filter album by file name, type, labels, and tags.
- Icon view enables you to display images as a thumbnails and full size.
- Easily compare images.
- You can create image presentation using this Windows 10 photo viewer.
- It enables you to crop, rotate, and flip photos.
FastPictureViewer is a software that is developed for photographers with the aim of speeding up the image section. It has a facility to quickly review, rate, and annotate large quantities of pictures.
- It is one of the best photo viewer Windows 10 that provides full support of 4K and 5K monitors.
- View images in full-screen mode.
- You can press the delete button to simply remove the images.
- Tag, filter by rating, move, or copy images in batch.
- This image viewer Windows 10 application allows you to sort by folder and file name.
⚡ Which are the Best Photo Viewing Apps for Windows 10?
Following are some of the best photo viewing apps for Windows 10:
💻 How to set default Photo Viewer in Windows 10?
Below are the steps to set the default photo viewer of your choice in Windows 10:
- First, make sure you have installed the photo viewer you want to set as default on your computer
- On the desktop, press “Win + I”
- Navigate to the Default Apps > Photo viewer
- Press the left click on Photos, and you will see the list of Photo viewing apps
- Select the app you want to set as default
- Your desired app will be set as default to view photos
✅ How to select the Best Photo Viewer for Windows 10?
To select the best photo viewer for Windows 10, we should consider the following factors:
- GUI and User Experience
- Usability and Compatibility
- File formats supported
- Tools and functionalities offered
- How photos are organized
- Ease of finding images
- Sharing options
- Album creation
- Basic editing, filters, and tagging features
- Cloud compatibility