Audio editing software is a program that allows making changes in audio data. This program will enable you to cut, copy, and paste parts of recordings. Such an application helps you to import or export various file formats like MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, and more.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Audio Editor Software, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best Audio | Sound | Music Editor Software [Free/Paid]
|Adobe Audition||Free Trial + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Ashampoo Music Studio||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|FL Studio||Free Trial + Paid Plan||Learn More|
Audacity is open-source audio editing software. It uses a multi-track editor that helps you to edit any sound easily. This professional audio editing software enables you to import or export various files like MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, and more.
- Supported sound qualities are 24-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit.
- Editing is easy using cut, copy, paste, and delete facility.
- Provides real time preview that shows sound effects.
- It can be fully manipulated using a keyboard.
- You can visualize selected frequency.
- This free audio editing software supports numerous plugins.
Adobe Audition is a one of the best music recording software that includes waveform and multitrack display to create, mix, edit, and restoring audio content. This workstation is designed to accelerate video production workflows and audio.
- You can record, edit, and integrate music clips with ease.
- It allows you to mix audio content for the podcast.
- The essential sound panel has been integrated with the program to get the best oomph effect to the audio.
- The music clips can be integrated within the audio recording to make it sound professional.
- The platform can be used to create awesome podcasts.
- This music recording software can import and export multiple audio formats.
- The audio break can be repaired with perfection.
- Supported Platforms: Windows and Mac.
Ashampoo Music Studio is a music software to edit and organize sound. It enables you to make a device compatible playlist. You can create mixed audio with just a few mouse clicks. The application supports M3U, XSPF, WPL, and PLS file formats.
- Supports volume adjustment and muting sections.
- You can record audio files.
- Convert files into Flac, Ogg, and WAV formats.
- You can split and mix sound.
- It enables you to adjust the volume between more than one tracks.
- You can retrieve missing information on the audio track.
- Extract any audio from the video.
- You can organize the title and also add additional information.
- It allows you to edit the metadata.
Soundop is a professional audio editing software that offers a seamless audio production workflow. It helps you to edit metadata across formats. This application offers support for multitrack recording and mixing.
- Display multiple effect editors to instantly monitor and adjust several audio effects.
- Offers high DPI Display Support
- Helps you to burn Audio Tracks to CD
- Provides support for waveform and spectral editing
- Batch processing audio files
5) FL Studio
FL Studio is a music production environment that helps you to compose, edit, arrange, record, and mix music. It enables you to quickly create sound patterns and sequencing. You can use this application to add harmonies and melodies to production.
- It includes more than 80 plugins.
- Users can resize the user interface.
- FL Studio provides support for MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface).
- Record live moments and make changes into it.
- Users can receive free updates.
- This product enables you to render 4K videos.
Zortam Mp3 Media Studio is a program to manage your MP3 collections. You can use this tool to edit songs and add lyrics. This application can find duplicate MP3. It enables you to organize part of the mp3 library to Excel, HTML, and CSV.
- You can import files from iTunes.
- It has an integrated mp3 player with visualization.
- You can rename mp3 files using mp3 tag information.
- Zortam Mp3 Media Studio automatically finds missing artwork.
- This tool offers a BPM analyzer (Beats Per Minute).
Avid Pro Tools collection of sound editing toolset. It enables you to manipulate audio and MIDI tracks. This application supports drag and drops features.
- The program includes more than 23 plugins.
- It supports effects like solo and mute.
- You can edit MIDI.
- It offers cloud collaboration.
- Nondestructive editing (make changes to audio without overwriting the original file) is possible.
Wavepad is a fully-featured sound editing software. It enables you to record and edit music and voice. This program allows you to cut, copy, and paste parts of recordings. It supports echo, amplification, and noise reduction facility.
- This free sound editing software supports general audio formats like MP3, WAV, VOX, WMA, and many more.
- You can compress audio without any hassle.
- Export and share audio with others.
- Easy to load files with two mouse clicks.
DRmare is a tool that enables you to covert audio into FLAC and MP3 and other formats. It helps you to unlock protected audio including iTunes, and Apple Music. This app offers you a fully customize output quality.
- You can convert any audio to 30X faster speed.
- It enables you to generate lossless audio.
- Allows you to enjoy audio on media players without any restrictions.
- This tool enables you to play songs Apple iPod, Google Home, Amazon Eco, and more.
- This is available for Windows and Mac operating system.
Soundation is a tool that enables you to create your beats. It is one of the best free audio editing software which contains ready to use more than 20,000 mix basslines and melodies. This tool provides an easy way to use drum machines and synthesizers.
- You can make sound with a wide range of effects.
- Collaborate with your friends to produce music together.
- It syncs data in real time.
- You can make songs directly from the web browser.
11) PreSonus Studio One
PreSonus Studio One is software that provides various sound editing tools, unlimited tracks, and virtual instruments. This tool helps you to arrange the speed of your track. The application makes it possible to edit harmony.
- Supports MIDI.
- It provides printable notations.
- The file can be saved in AAF (Advanced Authoring Format).
- It offers keyboard shortcuts for ease of convenience.
- You can build combination and sequence of keystrokes,
- It helps you to reduce the repeated task of creating music.
Acoustica is a software that helps you to add effects in sound. You can record your recording and open it from your PC. It also enables you to import tracks from the CD.
- This audio editing software for PC offers music Notation, piano roll, and step editor, etc.
- Supports unlimited tracks for editing.
- You can record MIDI.
- It has integrated with melody.
Ocenaudio is an easy and fast audio editor. It is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. This application runs any time-consuming tasks in the background so that you can focus on your important work.
- You can select multiple tracks.
- Efficiently edit large files.
- It helps you to analyze your audio signals.
- Ocenaudio uses advanced memory management to open files without wasting your PC memory.
Wavosaur is an editor for editing, processing, and recording sound. It helps you to produce music, loops, and record sound. This program can be used without installing it.
- You can cut, copy and paste the audio.
- Supported files are wav, aif, and mp3.
- You can convert one audio file to another.
- Wavosaur provides many effects, including fade in/out, mute, insert silence, and more.
- Support for multichannel wav, 8 bits, 16 bits, 24 bit, etc.
- It provides frequency analysis and detailed statistics.
- You can play, stop, rewind, and fast forward MIDI files.
- This tool offers real-time monitoring of audio input and output.
Mixxx is a program to create live mixes with music files. This application has a musical key detection facility that helps you to find audio from the library. You can use this software to add numerous sound effects to your music.
- You can control the pitch of the sound.
- It enables you to loop sound.
- Mixxx tool supports MP3, AIFF, and WAV file formats.
- Make tempo faster and slower.
16) DVDVideoSoft Free Audio Editor
DVDVideoSoft free audio editor application that helps you to delete unwanted parts of the audio and split into files. You can use this tool to make changes in the file visually.
- You can convert audio to a vast range of formats like mp3, ogg, flac, WAV, and more.
- It enables you to adjust the volume of the audio.
- Supports Windows operating system.
- You can select sound waves for ease of work.
17) Acoustica Basic
Acoustica Basic is a tool that can be used for editing sound. This application can be used to make a remix in real-time. It is one of the best music editing software that allows you to import mix into a multitrack session.
- You can remove background noise.
- Edit audio from different tracks in real-time.
- It has a real-time analyzer to analyze the audio output.
- Supports numerous processing tools and plugins.
18) Media Converter
Media Converter is an Android application that allows you to convert one media format to another. This tool supports mp3, mp4, avi, ogg, and many more.
- You can cut any media files.
- It enables you to extract the audio to make a ring tone.
- You may specify the parameters like resolution, bit rate, audio sample, frame rate, and more.
19) Apple Garageband
Apple Garageband is a fully equipped music creating software. This application can be sued for the Mac operating system. It is one of the best music editor apps that provides a sound library that includes guitar, instruments, drum, and many more.
- It offers an easy and fast way to create and share music.
- You can make professional sound without any instruments.
- It enables you to create a virtual session of a drummer.
- This application has built-in learning lessons.
- You can save the track as a ringtone.
- Share track via social network or email.
- You can create and mix more than 255 audio tracks.
Ardour is a software that lets you to record, edit, and mix audio on Windows, Linux, and macOS. This application enables you to plug in a microphone or keyboard. It allows you to import MIDI from your PC.
- You can cut, move, stretch, and copy-paste audio.
- Support drag, and drop functionality.
- You can add a solo, fade, and mute effects.
- Compose sound using MIDI.
- Ardour enables you to perform multitrack recording as well as editing.
- Supports many plugins.
21) Audio tool
The audio tool is a software that helps you to produce music online. It has a library of 250,000 samples. You can route, split, and merge various outputs.
- You can load the MIDI file into this software.
- It enables you to invite others to your project.
- Provide shortcuts for fast operations
- Track with notes in your MIDI file.
TwistedWave is an audio editor that can be used on Mac, iPhone, and iPad or online. This tool helps you to record audio. You can create sound in many formats.
- You can batch process files.
- Convert one file into other formats.
- You can easily cut and apply fade in/out effect.
- TwistedWave enables you to export individual files.
- You can make your ringtone.
- It allows you to rearrange your audio with the clip list.
23) Lexis Audio Editor
Lexis Audio Editor is a music editing software. This application can be used for Android, iOS, Windows. You can use this tool to cut, copy, and paste sound with ease.
- Delete, fade-in, insert silence fade out and trim.
- You can reduce noise.
- Record into existing files.
- You can mix current audio with another audio.
- It enables you to change, tempo, pitch, and speed.
- Allows you to delete, trim, fade in, fade out, and insert silence.
- You can compose your music.
Reaper is a voice editing software that can be run from a network drive. This program supports 64-bit internal audio processing. It is one of the best audio programs which offers many plugins for adding effects and virtual instruments. You can use this software to record audio and MIDI files.
- You can record needed audio in any format.
- Drag and drop files to import, arrange, and render.
- You can easily move, split, resize, and loop any audio.
- It enables you to copy or move regions.
- Reaper supports more than 64 routable channels.
- You can apply effects in real-time.
- This tool helps you to customize colors, toolbars, layouts, and icons the way you like.
- The tempo can be managed without any hassle.
❓ What are audio editing software?
Audio editing software is a program that allows making changes in audio data. This program will enable you to cut, copy, and paste parts of recordings. You can change metadata and share audio with others.
⚡ Why use audio editing tools?
Audio editing tools are used because:
- They help to delete or mix audio sections.
- Make changes in the audio.
- Record audio
- Make a new audio component.
🏅 Mention the common file formats supported by audio editing software
Common formats supported by audio editing software are MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, and more.
✅ How to use Audio Editing Software?
Here is how you can use audio editing software:
- Step 1) Download and install any audio editing software you like from the above-given list
- Step 2) Once installed, open the audio editing software on your system
- Step 3) Go to File>New to create a new project
- Step 4) Select a template from a given library or import the media to your project from File>Import and select the supported file format to add to your project
- Step 5) Now, apply any effects using tools given within the software
- Step 6) Now go to File>Save and give the name to save the existing changes to your current project for future use
🚀 Which are the Best Audio Editing Software?
Following are some of the best audio editing software:
- Adobe Audition
- Ashampoo Music Studio
- FL Studio
- Zortam MP3 Media Studio
- Avid Pro Tools