How To create a New General Ledger Account
Enter Transaction FS00 into the SAP command prompt , click execute.
In the Edit G/L Account Screen
- Enter G/L Account no.
- Company Code
- Click Create.
Note , SAP provides you an option to create a GL account with reference to another GL account. More on this later in the tutorial.
In the next screen
- Enter Account Group
- As per the type of G/L Account you are creating select either the P&L Statement Acct or the Balance Sheet Account radio button.
- In the Short Text field, enter a short description for the new GL account.
- In the G/L Acct Long Text field, enter a detailed description for the new GL account.
- Click on the Create/Bank/Interest tab.
- In the Field Status Group, select a GL field status group
Click Save . A new G/L Account is created.
In case you choose to create a new SAP G/L account with reference to a template
Enter a reference G/L account no. and Company
- Change the Short Text and G/L acct long text.
- Validate the other information on the Type/description and Create/bank/interest tabs .
Click Save to create the G/L Account.