This tutorial describes Non-functional testing types like Performance & Load testing. In the end, it gives a summary of all Testing Types.
Please be patient . Video will load in some time. If you still face issue viewing video click here
Video Transcript with Key Takeaways Highlighted:
- Apart from Functional testing, non - functional requirements like performance , usability ,load factor are also important.
- How many times have you seen such long load time messages while accessing an application - (pic in video) I am sure many
- To address this issue , performance testing is carried out to check & fine tune system response times. The goal of performance testing is to reduce response time to an acceptable level
- Or you may have seen messages like - (pic in video ) .Hence load testing is carried out to check systems performance at different loads i.e. number of users accessing the system
- Depending on the results and expected usage, more system resources may be added
- That's all to Types of Testing
- In general there three testing types 1) Functional 2) Non - Functional 3) Maintenance. Under these types, you have multiple TESTING Level's but usually people call them as Testing Types.
- You may find some difference in this classification in different resources but the general theme remains the same.
- This is not the complete list as there are more than 150 types of testing types and still adding. No need to bother or worry, you will pick them up as you age in the testing industry
- Also, note that not all testing types are applicable to all projects but depend on nature & scope of the project. More on this in a later tutorial.