Ripple is a privately held company aiming to create and enable a global network of financial institutions and banks. XRP is an open-source digital currency created by Ripple that provides source liquidity to payment providers, market makers, and banks. It offers financial institutions a quick and reliable option for sourcing liquidity on demand.
Following is a handpicked list of the Best Ripple (XRP) Wallets with their feature and download links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best XRP Wallet (Ripple Wallet Apps) for Desktop, Mobile, Hardware
|Company||Type of wallet||Major Supported cryptocurrencies||Security||Link|
|Binance||Software||Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ejin Coin, Pokadot, Cardano, etc.||Secure||Learn More|
|Coinbase||Software||Bitcoin, Litecoin, Cardano, Dash, Neo, Ripple, etc.||Secure||Learn More|
|Bitcoin IRA||Software||Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ejin Coin, Pokadot, Cardano, etc.||Secure||Learn More|
|Ledger Nano||Online||Ethereum, Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Litecoin, etc||Secure||Learn More|
|Coinsmart||Hardware||Bitcoin, Etheerum, Dash, Zcahs, Bitcoin Good, Nem, etc.||Very secure||Learn More|
Binance is one of the best XRM wallets that allows you to create a bitcoin wallet and offers a platform for trading more than 150 cryptocurrencies. It also provides an API that helps you to integrate your current trading application.
- This safest ripple wallets offer a wide range of tools for trading online.
- It is one of the safest bitcoin wallet that provides 24/7 support.
- This platform is compatible with Web, iOS, Android, and PC clients.
- Binance offers basic and advanced exchange interfaces for trading.
- It does 1.2 Bn average daily trading volume with more than 1,400,000 transactions per second.
- Use Referral ID C2NIWDDM and get 5% commission kickback
Coinbase is a crypto wallet that can be utilized for purchasing, selling, transferring, as well as storing digital currency. It securely stores a wide range of digital assets in offline storage. This platform supports more than 100 countries.
- You can buy and sell any digital currency and keep track of them in one place.
- It provides an app for both iOS and Android devices.
- You can schedule your currency trading on a daily, weekly, or monthly bases.
- It stores your funds in a vault for safety purposes.
- It is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Get $5 in free Bitcoin for signing up
3) Bitcoin IRA
Bitcoin IRA is a platform that enables you to buy or sell crypto with minimal effort.
It offers you to get tax-free gains on profits.
- You can store your assets online.
- Provides secure trading through SSL.
- You can buy and trade digital currencies 24/7 in real time.
- Enables you to track the live price and portfolio performance.
- You can invest in Gold, Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more.
4) Ledger Nano
The Ledger Nano offers the hardware that supports a multitude of cryptocurrencies. These hardware wallets have an LED display for payment validation and a PIN to confirm the payment. This handheld device is convenient and secure to use.
- You can easily access it via USB compatible device.
- It allows you to install up to 100 applications on your Ledger.
- This safest ripple wallet offers features like 2-factor authentication, etc.
- It allows you to secure and control all your crypto in one place.
- Supporting platforms: Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), and Linux.
Coinsmart is a digital currency exchange that enables you to buy and sell crypto with no hassle. It enables you to access your Bitcoin payment and your cash instantly. This application provides you a quick and easy way to invoice your customer using SmartPay Invoicing.
- Supports a wide range of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin Cash, XRP, Litecoin, and more.
- Provides 24/7 Live Support.
- Trade any currency with just one click.
- It processes all Fiat withdrawal in few days.
- Enables you to place customized orders seamlessly.
- This platform can be accessible from mobile and desktop.
The Trezor hardware wallet helps you to store your bitcoins. You can easily plug it into your computer or smartphone. It helps you to randomly generate a PIN code that keeps the device safe and secure.
- Ultra-secure offline storage
- It supports more than 1,000 currencies.
- Easy-to-use touchscreen
- Extremely simple to use.
- It allows you to expose your private key.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux.
Robinhood Crypto is a platform that helps you to buy and sell Ethereum, Dogecoin, and Bitcoin. It allows you to customize your pieces of different companies and funds.
- You can access real-time market data.
- It enables you to see analyst ratings.
- You can trade your cryptocurrency by securing your personal information.
- It allows you to complete buying, selling, or trading your assets using the smartphone application.
- You can also invest in Equity, Derivates and other assets using the app
- Supported platforms: iOS, Android, Mac, Windows.
Kraken is one of the best ripple wallets that offers financial stability by maintaining full reserves, relationships, and the highest legal compliance standards.
- A highly comprehensive security approach
- Allows you to buy and sell assets in a single click.
- You can reach out to their support team via live chat.
- Kracken automatically checks all addresses for errors.
Coinmama is a cryptocurrency exchange. It allows you to buy cryptocurrencies with your credit card or debit card. This tool provides instant delivery of your coins. The tool offers multiple payment options.
- You can buy the coins within the limit provided by this application.
- It provides fast verification of your account.
- You can buy Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin, and other digital currencies.
- Coinmama offers 24/7-hour support.
Electrum is one of the best XRP wallets available in the market. It is one of the best Ripple wallet that offers excellent privacy features and keeps your Bitcoins secure.
- It is one of the best XRP wallets that offer safe transactions and keeps waiting time low via server usage.
- This ripple desktop wallet app can be used for online transactions and making payments.
- You can integrate this free Ripple wallet with existing hardware solutions, including KeepKey, Trezor, and Ledger Nano.
- It is one of the best wallet for XRP that ensures complete verification of all the transactions in your wallet history.
- Electrum offers great security and prevents theft and fund loss.
11) Edge wallet
Edge is one of the best app to buy XRP for iOS and Android devices. It is one of the best wallet for Ripple that provides support for more than 30 popular currencies. This tool is one of the best wallets for Cryptocurrency that offers two factors authentication.
- Easy to get started on mobile.
- It allows you to shift between digital currencies/assets on the go.
- It enables you to seamlessly login using multiple devices.
- This Ripple wallet app allows you to backup with just username and password
- It provides support for more than 30 popular currencies.
- You can easily install it from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
How to buy Ripple XRP?
To buy Ripple XRP and add funds to your Ripple Wallet, you will require to sign up and buy Ripple (XRP) from Coinmama, then transfer it to your Wallet. Here, we have given Coinmama as an example:
How to buy XRP on Coinmama?
The steps below outline how to buy XRP using the Coinmama platform:
Step 1) Create your Coinmama Account:
- Open the Coinmama website.
- If you have an account, just sign in.
- If you are a new user, select the blue “Sign Up” tab. You will need to enter your email, password, first name, last name, and country of residence.
Step 2) Verify Your Account:
- To purchase XRP, you need to become verified.
- It’s necessary to upload your national ID, passport, and various other documents depends on which level of verification you wish to reach.
Step 3) Purchase your XRP:
- Once signed in and verified, open the option “More Coins” and select Ripple from the drop-down list.
- You’ll be directed to either purchase a set amount or to enter a custom amount not more than $4,900.
- Enter the wallet address for where you want your XRP to be sent.
- Select the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
❓ What is Ripple (XRP)?
XRP is a digital currency that provides source liquidity to market makers, payment providers, and banks. The XRP ledger is an open-source product developed by Ripple, which is a privately held company that aims to create and enable a worldwide network of financial institutions and banks.
⚡ How do I get an XRP Wallet?
Step 1) Create your Coinmama Account:
- Open the Coinmama website.
- If you have an account, just sign in.
- If you’re a new user, select the “Sign Up” tab. You will need to enter your email, password, first name, last name, and country of residence.
Step 2) Verify Your Account:
- To purchase XRP, you should be verified.
- Upload your national ID, passport, and various other documents depends on which level of verification you wish to reach.
- Once verified, you will be able to buy XRP and have your XRP wallet.
🏅 What should you look for in a XRP Wallet?
Here are some important factors that you should consider while selecting the best crypto wallet for XRP:
- Usage: The biggest factor you should consider when selecting wallets that support XRP is how you intend to use your crypto. So, If you plan to buy and hold your investment for the long term, a hardware wallet is surely the best choice for you.
- 2-factor authentication: 2-factor authentication, also known as 2FA. This feature allows you to login only when you verify your identity into the crypto wallet. If someone had your password or able to crack your password through any of a number of methods, they would still require passing the second level of authentication.
- Multi-signature support: Sometimes, a crypto wallet is owned by several people, like business partners. At that time, multi-signature support needs to help you set the security for the wallet, which is needed for multiple keys before access is granted. This also prevents anyone from spending the funds unauthorized or transferring the funds to another wallet.
- Exchange with crypto wallets: Many cryptocurrency users are using Coinbase as it offers a variety of tokens, allows you to make payments, buying, selling and trading with the help of the GDAX platform.
- Multi-currency vs. single currency. Many cryptocurrency owners own multiple cryptocurrencies. Therefore, managing a separate wallet for every currency can be a complex process. Therefore, you should select an XRP wallet app that supports multiple types of currency.
- QR Code Scanner: If you want to access the mobile crypto wallet, then a QR code scanner is a must. This allows mobile crypto wallets to generate and scan a QR code for coin transfers.
- Backup Option: Your selected crypto wallet should provide an option for backup. So, in the case when your laptop, PC, or phone device stops working, you can back up your data immediately. Therefore, some mobile crypto wallets like Coinbase provide a handy feature to restore your wallet.
❗ What is Ripple’s actual name?
Ripple changed its branding recently, and now it is known as XRP. However, the ticker is the same as $XRP.
🚀 How does Ripple work?
The Ripple network does not run with a proof-of-work system like Bitcoin. Instead, transactions depend on a consensus protocol for validating account balances and transactions on the system. The consensus helps to improve the system’s integrity and security by preventing double-spending for the same transaction.
👉 Can you mine XRP Ripple?
Ripple has no mining or miners whatsoever. Instead, transactions are carried by a “centralized” blockchain that makes the process reliable and faster. Mining is a core principle of almost every Cryptocurrency. Each of them uses their system to determine how much power the miners have.
You can’t mine Ripple, so the only available option is to mine some other Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin. After that, you need to select exchanges that allow you to convert your Cryptocurrencies like BTC to XRP.
⚡ How can you get free Ripple XRP?
To receive free Ripple (XRP), you should Sign Up with an account on Idle-Empire, watch videos, answer few paid surveys, and redeem points for Ripple coins.
🔒 Is it safe to store Ripple on an iPhone or Android device?
It is probably good for short periods, but if you want to secure your XRP, you should look for a hardware wallet.
❗ What is the difference between Ripple and XRP?
XRP is a digital asset, while Ripple refers to a company that develops the Ripple Consensus Ledger. Ripples sell off XRP coins in escrow to the new trading members. The higher the price of XRP, the more coins you can raise from the sale.
🏅 Can I store all my cryptocurrencies in the same wallet?
Yes, you can store all your cryptocurrencies in the same wallet. You can follow crypto storage best practices as most cryptocurrency traders do. You can keep both a software and a hardware wallet to store your cryptos.
However, you can also utilize multiple wallets to ensure that your assets are safe and sound. This is how crypto wallets help you store your cryptocurrencies, so you will not lose all of your assets.
❓ What are some important types of Crypto wallets are there?
Here are some important types of Crypto Wallets:
- Hot wallets. These wallets use keys (a type of cryptography or a password) created or stored on a device that should have access to the Internet. Hot wallets provide high utility, but they are considered less secure than cold wallets.
- Cold wallets: These wallets use keys created on a device that should have access to the Internet. They are also known as hardware wallets. Cold wallets are the physical devices in which cryptocurrencies are stored.
- Hosted wallets: These wallets are live on another server that you don’t have control of. Hosted wallets are used by hackers, as they hold the data of all the funds from the wallets on the server. Hosted wallets offer various levels of protection as third parties insure some hosted wallets.
- Decentralized wallets. In a decentralized wallet, you are the only person that holds the keys to your crypto wallet. A decentralized wallet never gives you a guarantee of complete privacy. However, it also means you do not rely on a 3rd party to send, receive or store your Cryptocurrency. This helps you to ease some security risks associated with hosted wallets.
- Hardware Wallets: Hardware wallets are physical items (like a type of USB drive). The Ledger Trezor, Nano X, are popular names in hardware wallets. They are considered a highly secured type of wallets.
- Software Wallets: This type of online crypto trading platform does not require downloading and can be accessed through an internet browser.
💻 Which are the Best Ripple Wallets?
Here are the best Ripple wallets:
- Robinhood Crypto
- Ledger Nano
DISCLOSURE: We are reader supported and may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site