Anonymity is important to a lot of Bitcoin users. You need to ensure that your personal information and your digital assets are not compromised online. When it comes to ensuring privacy, you should be extra careful about keeping your digital assets safe. So you should use only secure wallets to keep your digital asset secure. Anonymous wallets best serve this purpose.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Anonymous wallets with popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best Anonymous Wallets
|Name||Type of wallet||Supported platform||Link|
|Ledger Nano X||Hardware Wallet||Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), and Linux.||Learn More|
|PrimeXBT||Web Wallet||Android and iOS||Learn More|
|ZenGo||Mobile Wallet||Android and iOS||Learn More|
|Trezor||Hardware Wallet||Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux.||Learn More|
|Ledger Nano S||Hardware & Web Wallet||Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), and Linux.||Learn More|
|PINT Wallet||Mobile Wallet||Android and iOS.||Learn More|
There are five types of anonymous Wallets with one example of each of them:
- Hardware Wallet
- Web Wallet
- Mobile Wallet
- Hardware & Web Wallet
- Paper Wallet
- Desktop & Mobile Wallet
The Ledger Nano X is a hardware wallet that supports a multitude of cryptocurrencies. This hardware wallet has an LED display for payment validation and a PIN to confirm the transactions. This handheld device is convenient and secure to use.
- Offers a larger screen for ease of use.
- This anonymous crypto wallet helps you to secure and manage all your crypto assets.
- It can manage over 1,800 coins and tokens with the Ledger Live app from your computer or smartphone (Android and iOS).
- It allows you to install up to 100 apps.
PrimeXBT is one of the best anonymous Bitcoin wallets that allow users to access multiple financial markets from a single account. It also offers one-click trading, which allows you to place buying or selling orders immediately.
- It allows many digital assets to trade.
- It better protects your funds and personal data.
- PrimeXBT offers margin trading in traditional assets and cryptocurrencies.
- It offers robust technical analysis tools and charting.
- Supported platforms: Android and iOS.
ZenGo is a non-custodial, keyless crypto wallet, making it the simplest yet most secure and always recoverable wallet to invest in cryptocurrency. Create an account in just 19 seconds and be the true owner of your crypto.
- Store, buy, trade, send and receive crypto.
- Sell Bitcoin in Europe, the UK, and the US
- Buy Terra coins for 0% processing fees
- Over 70 crypto assets are supported including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin.
- Earn 4% APY interest on your Bitcoin
- Enjoy 24/7 support by real agents
- Choose from the 3 network fees modes (economy, regular, fast). Applicable for BTC, ETH, ERC20.
- Cancel or speed up your sent transactions before they are confirmed on the blockchain with 1 tap.
- Get $10 cashback in Bitcoin for purchase of $200 by applying the code ZENX0B4G
Hardware & Web Wallet
Trezor is a hardware wallet that helps you to store your bitcoins. You can easily plug it into your computer or smartphone. It helps you to randomly generate a PIN code that keeps your device safe and secure.
- Ultra-secure offline storage
- It supports more than crypto 1,000 currencies.
- You can always recover access to your coins & assets from your offline backup.
- Intuitive & convenient interface.
- It allows you to expose your private key.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux.
The Ledger Nano S is a hardware and web wallet that supports all major cryptocurrencies. Ledger Nano S Wallet is a flagship product of Ledger SAS company since its launch in 2015.
- You can easily access it via USB compatible device.
- It helps you manage over 1,800 coins and tokens with the Ledger Live app from your computer or smartphone. Compatible with Android 7+ smartphones.
- This anonymous crypto wallet allows you to secure and control all your crypto.
- It offers 2-factor authentication.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, and Linux.
6) PINT Wallet
PINT is a multi-currency HD wallet that helps you store, manage, receive and send your blockchain assets. It is one of the best anonymous Bitcoin wallet that allows you to control private keys. It offers AES256 encryption for all the transactions performed within the platform.
- You can Store, Buy, Sell and Swap your blockchain assets in PINT.
- Pint P2P gives the option of multiple payment modes, including cash transactions.
- It is one of the best Bitcoin wallets for darknet that helps exchange the assets within the wallet using Changelly and Shapeshift.
- Supported coins: Bitcoin Cash(BCH), Ether(ETH), Litecoin(LTC), Dash( DASH), Dogecoin(DOGE), Bitcoin.
Paper wallet for Bitcoin is a free anonymous Bitcoin wallet accessible to all. A paper wallet for Bitcoin is simply a piece of paper on which your private and public keys are printed. It is much simpler to keep it hidden. It is impossible to know who owns the wallet, even if it is publicly disclosed.
- It keeps your Bitcoin address safe
- It is one of the best Bitcoin wallets for darknet, which helps you to destroy cache files.
- It helps you to reduce the risk of hacking as you are not connected to the Internet.
Desktop & Mobile Wallet
Electrum is one of the best anonymous wallets available in the market. It offers excellent privacy features and helps you to keep your Bitcoins secure. This anonymous wallet keeps your private keys safe within your computer.
- Electrum offers transactions and keeps waiting time low via server usage.
- This Bitcoin wallet for darknet helps you to finish transactions and make payments easily.
- You can integrate with existing hardware solutions, including KeepKey, Trezor, and Ledger Nano.
- It is one of the best anonymous wallets that ensures complete verification of all the transactions in your wallet history.
- Electrum offers great security and prevents theft and fund loss.
❓ What are Anonymous Bitcoin wallets?
Anonymous Bitcoin wallets are the wallets that help you securely store and manage your digital assets. These wallets are mainly in hardware or physical form that store the digital assets offline. However, users can connect it to their computer or mobile devices via supported applications in order to manage their crypto-asset data.
❗ Which are the best Anonymous Bitcoin Wallets?
Following are some of the best anonymous Bitcoin wallets:
⚡ What are the types of Anonymous Bitcoin wallets?
Below are the types of anonymous Bitcoin wallets:
- Hardware Wallet
- Web Wallet
- Mobile Wallet
- Paper Wallet
- Desktop and Mobile Wallet
🏅 How To Create Anonymous Bitcoin Wallet?
Nowadays, you do not need to install Tor or VPN to do anonymous Bitcoin transactions. Instead, you can simply use some of the best anonymous wallets from the above list to do secure and anonymous transactions.
🚀 Is Coinbase Wallet Anonymous?
No, the Coinbase wallet is not anonymous.
👉 What is the easiest way to get an anonymous Bitcoin wallet address?
You can get aby of the above-listed anonymous Bitcoin wallet in order to get an anonymous Bitcoin wallet address. However, if you are using the crypto trading platform, then the process does not stop there. You now need to send your Bitcoins to the anonymous Bitcoin wallet.
🔒 Can digital wallets get hacked?
Yes, unfortunately, hackers can steal your Bitcoins by gaining access to Bitcoin owner’s digital wallets.
💲 What is Bitcoin Wallet?
A Bitcoin wallet is a software app in which you store your Bitcoins. However, Bitcoin does not exist in any physical shape or form. Bitcoin cannot technically be stored anywhere except coin wallets. This type of software is easy to use and reliable while also being secure and fast.
❓ How to add funds to anonymous BTC Wallet?
To add funds to an anonymous BTC wallet, first, you need to ensure that your anonymous wallet is connected to your crypto account. Then, go to a crypto trading platform and log in with your crypto account.
Here, you need to determine the amount of Bitcoin you want to buy. After that, you need to enter an amount that you want to deposit to your Bitcoin address. Then using ACH, Wire, credit card, etc., payment method to pay the amount, Bitcoins will be transferred to your anonymous Bitcoin wallet.
💥 How do Bitcoin ATM works?
Bitcoin ATMs, also called Bitcoin Teller Machines (BTMs), are not ATMs in the true sense of the term. It is a center where you can buy Bitcoins with fiat money. Some machines also allow you to sell Bitcoins.
🌟 What are the safety measures used for cryptocurrency wallets?
Here are some safety measure you need to understand while using a cryptocurrency wallet:
- Keep a small amount in your Bitcoin wallet.
- Backing up your wallet helps you to protect yourself against computer failures or other human mistakes.
- You should encrypt any backup that is exposed to the network.
- Use a strong password that must contain letters, numbers, special characters and must be at least 16 characters long.
- You need to make sure you never forget the password, or you may lose your fund.
⚡ Can you pledge/take a loan against coins stored in crypto wallets?
Yes, you can pledge or take a loan against coins stored in a Bitcoin wallet. It is known as a Bitcoin loan, which is similar to a traditional loan offered by banks. In the Bitcoin loan, most of the risk is not on the lender. Still, the borrower is putting up more than enough Bitcoin to cover the loan and interest payments.
🏅 What are some important types of Crypto wallets?
Here are some important types of Crypto Wallets:
- Hot wallets: These wallets use keys (a type of cryptography, like a password) created or stored on a connected device. Hot wallets provide high utility, but they are considered less secure than cold wallets.
- Cold wallets: These wallets use keys created on a device that is not connected to the Internet. They are also known as hardware wallets. Cold wallets are stored on physical devices.
- Hosted wallets: These wallets are live on another server that you do not have control of. Hackers use host wallets as they hold the data of all the funds from the wallets on the server. Hosted wallets offer various levels of protection as third parties insure some hosted wallets.
- Decentralized wallets: You are the only person who holds the keys to your crypto wallet in a decentralized wallet. A decentralized wallet never gives you a guarantee of complete privacy. However, it also means you do not rely on a 3rd party to send, receive or store your cryptocurrency. This helps you to ease some security risks associated with hosted wallets.
- Hardware Wallets: Hardware wallets are physical items (like a type of USB drive). The Ledger Trezor, Nano X, and KeepKey are popular names in hardware wallets. They are considered as a highly secure types of wallets. It is the best choice for you to store your digital assets.
- Software Wallets: Software wallets are also called hot wallets. This type of online crypto trading platform does not require downloading and can be accessed through an Internet browser.
🚀 What is a Bitcoin address?
A Bitcoin address is like an account number. It denotes which wallet the coins should be sent to, like a bank account number. The major difference lies in the wallets having numerous addresses. You can customize your Bitcoin address by including payment request details like an amount and expiration date.
👉 What should you look for in an Anonymous Bitcoin Wallet?
Here are some important factors that you should consider in an anonymous Bitcoin wallet:
- Usage: The biggest factor you should consider when selecting an anonymous crypto wallet is how you intend to use your crypto. So, if you plan to buy and hold your investment for the long term, a hardware wallet is surely the best choice for you.
- 2-factor authentication: 2-factor authentication, also known as 2FA. This feature allows you to log in only when you verify your identity in the crypto wallet. If someone has your password or cracks your password through any of a number of methods, they would still require passing the second level of authentication.
- Multi-signature support: Sometimes, a crypto wallet is owned by several people, like business partners. At that time, multi-signature support helps you set the security for the wallet, which is needed for multiple keys before access is granted. This also prevents anyone from spending the funds unauthorized or transferring the funds to another wallet.
- Multi-currency vs. single currency: Many cryptocurrency owners own multiple cryptocurrencies. Therefore, managing a separate wallet for every currency can be a complex process. Therefore, you should select a Bitcoin wallet that supports multiple types of currency.
- QR Code Scanner: If you want to access the mobile crypto wallet, then a QR code scanner is needed. This allows mobile crypto wallets to generate and scan a QR code for coin transfers.
- Backup Option: Your selected crypto wallet should provide an option for backup. So, in the case when your laptop, PC, or phone device stops working, you can back up your data immediately. Therefore, some mobile crypto wallets like Coinbase provide a handy feature to restore your wallet.
🔒 Can I store all my cryptocurrencies in the same wallet?
Yes, you can store all your cryptocurrencies in the same wallet. You can follow crypto storage best practices as most cryptocurrency traders do. You can keep both a software and a hardware wallet to store your cryptos.
However, you can also utilize multiple wallets to ensure that your assets are safe and sound. This is how crypto wallets help you store your cryptocurrencies to not lose all of your assets.