Snagit is a very useful screen capture tool. It allows you to capture/annotate/share images and videos. But, the biggest drawback is that the tool doesn’t include any video editor, and it is also an expensive software.
Here, is a curated list of Top 15 tools that can easily replace Snagit. This list includes commercial as well as open-source screen capturing tools with its popular features and latest download link.
Fire shot is an ideal screen capturing tool which allows you to quickly creates screenshot as per your business needs.
- Screenshot software tool for Windows
- FireShot helps you capture web page screenshots, perform quick edits, add text annotations
- Allows you to annotate, highlight parts of the screenshot
Download link: https://getfireshot.com/
TinyTake screen captures any screen as per user-specified area or region. You can highlight images with the help of colored pen and images. It can be edited with the help of textbox, arrow or picture caption.
- Free screen capturing and video recording tool
- Capture image of the entire screen or specific region
- The selected part of the screenshot can be blurred to hide sensitive data
- It also records areas of the screen activity
Download link: https://tinytake.com/
Pickwick screen capture tool offers In-built image editor, color picker, color palette, pixel ruler, protractor, and more.
- Allows you to take screenshots of an entire screen, the scrolling windows or any specific region of your desktop
- Annotate and highlight images: text, arrows, shapes and more
- Support the floating widget Capture Bar which allows you to take screenshots
Download link: https://picpick.app/en/
Greenshot is an open source screen capture tool. This tool allows you to quickly capture screenshots of a selected region, window, or entire screen. It also helps you to capture scrolling web pages from the Internet Explorer and other browsers.
- Compatible with Window OS ( any version)
- Easily annotate, highlight or obfuscate part of the screenshot
- Quickly create a screenshot of a selected region
Download link: http://getgreenshot.org/
5) Snipping Tool
Snipping Tool helps you to take a screenshot of your screen. It enables users to capture the whole screen or selected area in a rectangular form.
- Screen capture tool for Window OS
- A user can edit these snapshots using a colored pen, highlighter, etc.
- Captured images which should be stored in PNG, GIF, and JPEG format
- After capturing the screen, it can be copied, and it can be further pastes if needed
6) Screenshot Captor
Screenshot Captor captures images in full-screen mode, selected area, scrolling window, fixed size window, etc. This is simple to use screen capture tool.
- Screenshot Captor is a free tool available for Windows
- It allows you to captures images from a webcam
- It easily captures the screenshot of multiple monitors
- It automatically trims the extra margins of captured images
- Supports 3rd party configurable tools like file browsers, image editors
It is a free, open source lightweight and free screen capture tool from advertisements. It offers screenshot capture, screen recorder, file sharing and productivity tools.
- Supported with Windows
- Easy screen capture sharing
- Offers Customizable workflows
- Comes with multiple tools like screen color picker, image editor, QR code generator, etc.
Download link: https://getsharex.com/
SnapCrab captures images as per the user-defined area, full screen and saves the images in JPEG, PNG and GIF formats.
- Screen capture tool for the Windows platform
- It has a self-timer feature so that user can set the time to automatically captures an image on the screen
- Various customization options such as defining your hotkey, modifying how to take a snapshot of the screen
Download link: https://snapcrab-for-windows.en.softonic.com/
Jing is a screen capture tool offered by TechSmith. The captured images are shared on screencast.com to provide the URL to copy/paste the images. It allows you to capture video of your screen.
- Screen Capture tool for Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Jing is easy to use and has a user-friendly user interface
- It allows a user to share screen capture images very quickly
- It allows uploading images and URL to the social media sites like YouTube, Flickr, etc.
- Helps you to remove brand names from the images
Download link: https://www.techsmith.com/jing-tool.html
Screenpresso is a highly powerful screen capture tool. It allows the user to save captured images in various formats and also save all recent screen capture history.
- Screen capture tool for windows
- Light-weight and powerful screen capture tool with a built-in image editor
- Highlights captured images with arrows, colorful bubbles, text boxes, etc.
- Captured images can be converted into PDF, MS Word or HTML documents
Download link: https://www.screenpresso.com/
Lightscreen is an easy to use screen capture tool. The tool allows you to automate the process of saving and cataloging screenshots.
- Screen capture tool for Windows and Linux
- System tray icon for easy access
- Allows you to take configurable actions with global hotkey access feature
- You can preview window by using integrated image viewer
Download link: http://lightscreen.com.ar/
12) Gadwin PrintScreen
Gadwin PrintScreen is easy to use and most convenient screen capture tool. It allows you to assign a hotkey on the keyboard, to capture screen with different modes. Like full screen in the selected areas.
- Screen capture tool for windows
- Customizable export options for simple controls
- Full-screen data can be put on the clipboard
Download link: https://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
Skitch is a screen capture and quick image capture and annotation tool. This screen capture tool allows you to mark areas.
- Skitch is a free screen capturing tool for Mac and Windows OS
- It offers easy to use with a user-friendly interface
- Available for Android and iOS mobile devices
- A user can Skitch for annotating photograph directly from the camera.
Download link: https://evernote.com/products/skitch
Lightshot is screen capture tool allows you to take a screenshot quickly. It allows the user to take a screenshot of a selected area which can be resized or moved without any hassle.
- It allows you to captures the screen with just two clicks
- User-friendly interface makes your work complete in a faster pace
- While capturing screen, the user should be able to edit the same screenshot
- Automatically uploads captured images online for sharing
Download link: https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html
15) FastStone Capture
FastStone Capture is a powerful, lightweight full-featured screen capture tool. It helps the user to capture and annotate all that is in the screen including windows, menus, objects, and even web pages.
- Instant screen capturing with the help of Hotkeys
- Capture windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular/freehand, etc.
- Capture multiple windows and objects which includes multi-level menus
- Draw annotation objects like texts, arrowed lines, highlights, watermarks, circles and rectangles
Download link: http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm
What is Snagit?
Snagit is a handy screen capture tool. It allows you to capture/annotate/share images and videos.
What are the drawbacks of Snagit?
Snagit doesn't include powerful video editor. Moreover, it is expensive software.
What are the best alternatives available for Snagit?
A few alternatives for Snagit tool are Fireshot, TinyTake, PicPick, Greenshot, Snipping Tool, Screenshot Captor, etc.