What is Data profiling?
Data profiling is the process of analyzing the data available in an existing data source and collecting statistics and information about that data.
SQL DATA profiling task is used to understand and analyze data from different data source. By Data profiling process user can remove incorrect and incomplete data before loading to the data warehouse.
Advantage of SQL DATA Profiling is as below –
- It helps to understand the source data.
- By Data Profiling, we can analyze data effectively.
- By Data Profiling, we can remove incorrect, incomplete and improve data quality.
- Improve the ability to search the data by adding keywords, description.
- Understand data challenge early in the project, finding data problem late in the project can lead to delay and cost excess.
- By data profiling, implementation cycle of major projects may be shorten.