NordVPN is one of the best VPN services in the market that offers good security features, privacy policies, and various server locations. This VPN does not track, collect, or share the private data and information of users. It is available for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, and Linux.
It is one of the best free VPNs that enables you to download torrent files and enjoy a faster connection without buffering. You can use it to access online OTT platforms, streaming websites, and social media sites using 256-bit AES encryption. This VPN also provides DNS leak protection and allows torrenting.
- How to torrent safely with NordVPN?
- NordVPN Torrent Servers and Speed
- Does NordVPN Bypass Torrent Connection Blocking?
- Why use a VPN for torrenting?
- Can you use NordVPN with BitTorrent or uTorrent?
- Are There Alternative VPNs for Torrenting?
- What Torrent Clients Work Best with NordVPN?
- Does NordVPN keep logs for people using Torrents?
- Does NordVPN hide Torrenting?
Perform the following steps to torrent safely using uTorrent with NordVPN:
Step 1) Go to https://nordvpn.com/risk-free-vpn/
Then click on the “Get NordVPN” button
Step 2) Select your desired plan, enter payment information, create a User ID and password.
Now, log in to the NordVPN application
Step 3) Click on “Download the NordVPN app” to download NordVPN on your computer
Step 4) Install and launch NordVPN by clicking on the desktop shortcut
Step 5) Click on P2P to automatically connect the fastest NordVPN torrent servers
Step 6) Double click to open the uTorrent application on your desktop
Step 7) Add any file to download from uTorrent
You can perform similar steps for the NordVPN for Mac torrent.
NordVPN provides specialized servers for P2P traffic. It does not restrict speed or bandwidth on these servers.
This Virtual Private Network offers decent file downloading speeds. However, it will get reduced when using NordVPN compared to torrenting without a VPN.
|Test||Download Torrent Speed|
|No VPN||34.55 Mbps|
|NordVPN P2P server||19.12 Mbps|
Here is the speed test:
If you are not using Virtual Private Network, your ISP can access the torrent site or throttle your connection speed. However, you are required to use NordVPN torrent servers so that it becomes very difficult for your Internet Service Provider to track your online activities.
NordVPN helps you to effortlessly bypass your blocked torrent connection. Here, you need to connect the P2P optimized server of this VPN to access and download torrent files with your desired torrent software.
VPNs are beneficial for all Internet users. However, if you are a frequent torrenter, it is good to use a Virtual Private Network that offers IPv6 leak protection.
VPN protects P2P file-sharers while torrenting in two basic ways:
- The concept of VPN for torrenting comes between you and the Internet. Therefore, anyone on the Internet can only see the IP address of the VPN server instead of your real IP address.
- The connection between the device and the server is always encrypted. It prevents your ISP from seeing that you are using a torrent app to download torrent files.
Free trial of NordVPN BitTorrent offers a specially configured server that is designed to give you a good torrenting experience. So that you can use this VPN with popular P2P clients such as BitTorrent or uTorrent with no interruption, however, you need to use the full NordVPN for Mac torrent application instead of a browser extension to take advantage of this feature.
Free trial of NordVPN has many good features like 256-bit AES encryption, split tunneling, IPv6 leak protection, DNS leak protection, etc. It is one of the best applications for torrenting. However, there are many alternatives of NordVPN for BitTorrent like ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, etc. If you are using any of this software, then you need to ensure that it has all the torrenting features.
NordVPN is compatible with many torrent clients. However, this VPN works best with uTorrent and BitTorrent software. It is not a challenging task to use torrent applications that use fast Socks 5 proxy servers. Moreover, you can also benefit from NordVPN’s setup tutorial for the torrent client given on its website.
Your VPN must have a no-log policy and provide protection from IPv6 leaks. This is a very important feature for any Virtual Private Network application. It should not log any of your torrenting activity if it has a strict no logging policy. The NordVPN torrent servers are based in Panama country which has strict jurisdictions for no-log policy.
If you use NordVPN, then all your network traffic will pass through your torrent application to a VPN server that replaces your real IP address. This way, the NordVPN BitTorrent app hides your torrenting activities from the server. Once this is done, your torrent traffic will continue to pass over a peer-to-peer network. Therefore, all your activities will remain hidden by the VPN server.
❓ Is Torrenting Legal?
Torrents have a bad reputation due to piracy. However, they are not illegal and have many legitimate uses, including downloading open-source software and material that’s in the public domain.
⚡ Is NordVPN good for torrenting?
Yes, NordVPN is good for torrenting. This application has many good features as follows:
- P2P support: NordVPN offers good P2P support with more than 5000 servers.
- KillSwitch: This is an important security feature of NordVPN that helps you to instantly disconnect from the Internet. Kill switch can keep your IP address and identity secure.
- Fast downloading speed: This VPN has a huge server network that offers a fast downloading speed. AV-Test institute also published research that NordVPN is one of the fastest Virtual Private Networks.
- No logs: NordVPN does not exchange your sensitive information using the network. This software enables you to connect your devices in a secure way over the Internet. These types of VPNs do not store your data. Therefore, NordVPN is reliable to use.
- Split Tunneling: Split tunneling in a Virtual Private Network enables you to route some portion of your traffic via VPN. While the other portion has direct access to the internet. This NordVPN feature helps you to protect the traffic you choose at the same time, you will not lose access to your local network devices.
- Works on any operating system: NordVPN for BitTorrent software can work on many platforms, including macOS, Linux, Android, windows, and more.
🚀 What is DNS leak?
DNS leak is a security flaw that allows your IP address to be seen by other people, for example, the government or cyber criminals. VPN with strong encryption measures and protocols ensures that DNS leaks are not possible, and it keeps torrenters and P2P file-sharers anonymous online.
🏅 Can NordVPN be tracked?
The no-log policy of NordVPN depicts that it does not track your IP addresses, servers, and websites you have visited or downloaded. Further, it does not record any duration of your online session.
❗ Which NordVPN P2P server is best for you?
You should choose the NordVPN P2P server that is closest to your physical location. This way, you will experience a faster torrent download speed because your device quickly exchanges data with your VPN. You can also try the automatic recommendation of NordVPN torrent servers.
👉 Can you Torrent on Non-P2P Servers of NordVPN?
If you Torrent on NordVPN’s Non P2P servers, then it will automatically route your network traffic to the P2P server. However, this application will not disconnect you from Point to Point server, but your downloading speed will slow down.
💻 Which devices you can torrent on with NordVPN?
You can torrent on any device connected to the Internet, which has BitTorrent and NordVPN apps. It means that you can torrent on any Mac, Chromebook, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS device. However, you need to keep in mind that torrenting on your iOS devices is a bit trickier since Apple bans BitTorrent applications from its App Store.
❓ Are smart DNS services useful for VPN users?
Yes, a Smart DNS service is very useful for VPN users. It can be easily used to bypass online restrictions. You can take advantage of VPNs mentioned in this tutorial that offers free DNS service upon subscription.