Mailchimp is marketing automation and email marketing service. This email marketing tool helps you to create and manage mailing lists, newsletters, automated campaigns, and more. However, while many see MailChimp as an ideal option, it is one of those email marketing and automation platforms that makes it particularly painful when it is time to scale up.
Here is a curated list of Top alternatives that are capable of replacing Mailchimp. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
BEST Mailchimp Alternatives: Free and Paid Options
|Name||Freemium||Most Unique Feature vs. MailChimp||Link|
|Constant Contact||Yes||Integrated CRM, Personalization, and Segmentation.||Learn More|
|SendInBlue||Yes||Scale-Friendly Pricing||Learn More|
|GetResponse||No||Automations, Drip campaigns||Learn More|
|ActiveCampaign||No||Lead nurturing, A/B testing||Learn More|
|Aweber||No||Allows affiliate links||Learn More|
|Drip||No||Analytics, Reporting.||Learn More|
|MailerLite||No||Landing pages, pop-ups||Learn More|
|ConvertKit||Yes||Sign up forms, Landing pages||Learn More|
|Campaign Monitor||No||Automation & personalization||Learn More|
|Mautic||No||Open Source Software||Learn More|
Constant Contact is another tool like MailChimp that offers plenty of options, from email templates to learning material.
This Mailchimp alternative has basic email automation that sends welcome messages to new subscribers. It helps you to triggers emails based on user behavior and automatically resumes emails to non-openers. This email marketing service allows you to communicate more directly with customers for urgent messages or time-sensitive offers.
- Personalization and segmentation
- Integrations to support re-targeting ads and landing pages.
- Segmentation based on campaign engagement and demographics
- List and subscriber management
- Social media sharing and promotions
- Built-in heatmap tool that display which parts of your Email attract the most to your readers.
- In-depth campaign activity reports, which include unsubscribes, bounce rates, and inactive readers.
- It helps you to ensure your email marketing campaign launches smoothly.
- Customizable email sign-up landing pages to grow your email list.
Constant Contact Vs. MailChimp:
|Email Deliverability:||Constant Contact averages a 97% email deliverability rate.|
|Best For||Small businesses, nonprofits, and individuals.|
|Customer Support||They offer customer support over the phone and live chat support.|
|Integrations||Select integrations include Facebook, WordPress, and Eventbrite.|
|Free plan||None, but there is a free 60-day trial.|
|Starting Price||Starting From $20.00|
Sendinblue email marketing tool enables you to take advantage of the latest trends of email marketing. Although some advanced features are locked behind higher-tier plans, the free plan’s basic features offer sufficient features to get started with your email campaigns.
SendinBlue’s free plan essentially works as a feature-constrained free trial, without a timeout period, and does not require a credit card.
- Unlimited number of contacts and details
- It allows you to select the templates from for your transactional emails.
- It helps you to create more personalized marketing campaigns.
- Transactional Emails and Analytics.
- Marketing Automation Workflows.
- In-depth campaign reports, which include real-time stats, heat mapping, and A/B testing.
- It offers dedicated landing pages and Facebook Ads options.
- It allows you to communicate directly with customers for urgent messages.
Sendinblue Vs MailChimp:
|Email Deliverability:||SendinBlue actively manages SMTP servers for better deliverability. Auto IP reputation management.|
|Best For||Small businesses are looking to grow like Publishers.|
|Customer Support||They only provide email support.|
|Integrations||Select integrations include Magento, WordPress, and OptinMonster|
|Free plan||Up to 300 emails per day /Unlimited contacts|
|Starting Price||Starting From $25.00|
GetResponse is an online platform for email marketing software, landing page creator, webinars hosting, and much more. It is one of the email marketing tools which provides a wide variety of features for those interested in exploring this MailChimp alternative. It is a powerful, simplified tool to send emails, create pages, and automate your marketing.
This Mailchimp competitor offers plenty of powerful features that is expected by most of the email marketing service provider. There are plenty of features that allow you to engage your contacts through live Webinars.
- Helps you to grow your audience
- A/B split testing features
- Mobile-responsive email design
- Advanced segmentation options
- Convert store visitors into returning customers.
- Automated blog sends
GeResponse Vs. MailChimp:
|Best For||It is the best solution for the organization that wants multiple digital tools in one place.|
|Customer Support||Offers customer support 24/7 over live chat and email, which is essential if you are new to email marketing.|
|Integrations||Select integrations include Facebook, Slack, and Salesforce.|
|Free plan||No, but there is a free 30-day trial.|
|Starting Price||Starting From $15|
ActiveCampaign offers formidable marketing automation functions and a fully functional CRM without degrading the user-friendly experience. You can A/B test emails, set up lead scoring rules, and build automation campaigns using this email marketing tool.
It is a blend of Automation and contact management, making it the most attractive email marketing software for B2B organizations. It offers its functionality and user experience to make it attractive to any marketer, regardless of your industry.
- Extremely powerful Automation
- Great deliverability
- Allows you to integrate sales and marketing platform for your business
- ActiveCampagin Offers account migration service free.
- Contact Management
- Dynamic Content
- Performs multi-channel marketing
- Very powerful Automation. A/B tests
- Timed Automation, and much more.
|Email Deliverability:||Industry-leading email deliverability|
|Best for||Small Business and go to market teams.|
|Customer Support||You can pick up conversations via webchat, Email, or Facebook Messenger.|
|Integrations||ActiveCampaign offers integration options, like Shopify, PayPal, Google Analytics, Facebook, and WordPress.|
|Starting Price||$9 for accounts with less than 500 contacts.|
Aweber is a famous email marketing tool which offers every feature possible. This email marketing tool provides a vast selection of pre-designed templates and tons of integrations, which helps you to plug into the rest of your marketing stack.
This Mailchimp equivalent helps business owners to create personalized emails that connect with the audience. However, the downside compared to MailChimp is that it does not offer free access to business owners with lists under 2,000 subscribers.
- Drag-and-drop email creation
- Automation, analytics
- Automatically create amazing-looking emails + landing pages
- Autoresponder functionality
- Automate your emails and campaigns
- 6,000+ stock photos to use in your emails
- 700+ email templates
- Integrations with the most popular services
- Easy sign-up forms
Constant Contact Vs. MailChimp:
|Email Deliverability:||Industry-leading email deliverability.|
|Best For||Small businesses and entrepreneurs.|
|Customer Support||AWeber offers 24/7 customer support over the phone, email, or live chat.|
|Integrations||Select integrations include GoToWebinar, WordPress, and PayPal.|
|Starting Price||Starting From $19.00|
Drip is another replacement for MailChimp, that can make email campaigns more personal. This means that it should be plugged in with your online store or sales CRM, which gives you information to suggest future campaigns.
This Mailchimp alternative is an easy-to-use tool to create email marketing campaigns, using collected data to approach your sales query consumers. This tool also allows you to provide a wide range of marketing tools, with Email being just one feature among many.
- Robust analytics and reporting
- Customer segmentation options
- Subscriber management
- Deliverability rates are good
- Personalized content in emails
- Customer funnel flow
- Drip offers 24/7 email support with their plan
|Email Deliverability:||Best in the industry.|
|Best for||Ecommerce field|
|Customer Support||Drip offers 24/7 email support. However, you get to add an extra live chat support option when you exceed 5,000 contacts.|
|Integrations||Select integrations include Magento, Shopify, WooCommerce.|
|Free plan||No/ but offers a 14-day free trial.|
|Starting Price||Starting From $19.|
MailerLite is easy to use email marketing tool. It offers the best sets of email newsletter templates designs, and much more. It also helps you to create and implement your email marketing strategies. It provides all the latest email marketing features, which allows you to grow your subscribers.
This software allows you to use landing pages, pop-ups or embedded sign-up forms to capture these leads. This marketing site provides features like email automation, segmentation, and personalization. It allows you to target the right users at the right time.
- Integrate your social media posts
- Embeddable web forms.
- You can track changes with version tracking
- Create your newsletter templates
- Allows you to create your newsletter templates
- Easy Drag & drop editor
|Email Deliverability:||Industry average|
|Best For||Small Business|
|Customer Support||Offers Email and live support. However, the premium support feature costs an extra $100/month.|
|Free plan||Yes (up to 12000 emails per month with limited features)|
|Starting Price||$10 per month.|
ConvertKit is another popular email marketing tool. It is widely used by bloggers, authors, and creators. It is one of the best Mailchimp competitors that supports landing pages, content upgrades, and more.
This is a better alternative to Mailchimp as it offers easy automation features with a drag-and-drop sequence builder so that you can send automated emails based on user behavior. It also allows you to segment further your contacts with tags based on how you can interact with your emails.
- This tool better than Mailchimp helps you to create a strong first impression with free email sign up forms
- You can create a strong first impression with free email sign up forms
- Simplicity-focused email design tool
- Lead magnet delivery
- Customizable designs
- Unlimited sign-up forms
- Share your creative process
- Automations, reporting, and analytics
|Email Deliverability:||ConvertKit’s deliverability rates is good.|
|Best for||Authors, bloggers, personal brands, creatives|
|Customer Support||Customer support is fast and came back with coherent explanations.|
|Integrations||Select integrations include Stripe, Zapier, and WP Engine.|
|Starting Price||Starting From $29.|
9) Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor has the smoothest, most user-friendly email builder. This site allows you to adjust spacing by dragging and extending spaces, text boxes, and images to customize your Email exactly how you want it.
This MailChimp alternative put its entire focus into email marketing automation. They offer email capture, but there is not potential for pop-ups, which is unfortunate.
- Customize any template or design to showcase your brand
- Allow your email designed to lock sections of the template
- This tool cheaper than Mailchimp helps you automate email journeys
- Create smart segments for even better results.
- Easily create personalized customer journeys
- You can start your Email with one of our professionally designed templates.
|Email Deliverability:||Industry average|
|Best For||Small Business, Agencies.|
|Customer Support||It only offers support services via Email.|
|Integrations||It does integrate with Magento, Prestashop, and, with a ton of other third-party apps.|
|Starting Price||Starting From $9.|
Mautic enables you to provide more personalized marketing to your customers, allowing for greater results for your company. It is one of the best free Mailchimp alternatives that help you to automate, personalize, and measure the entire customer life cycle across every interaction.
Mautic is the best free alternative for Mailchimp that helps marketing teams to bring open source marketing automation for your business. It allows you to create a more personalized experience for your audience across all their digital channels and platforms.
- It facilitates lead generation and contact scoring.
- Campaign Building.
- Contact segmentation.
- This free alternative to Mailchimp offers advanced features that are only available at very high costs on enterprise marketing software solutions
- Unrivaled flexibility to create smart, multi-channel campaigns
- Open, flexible APIs for integration to anything you bought or built
- Email builder and Page builder.
- Lead nurturing.
|Email Deliverability:||Good Deliverability|
|Best For||Marketing automation|
|Customer Support||Mautic doesn’t have a traditional customer support team. Instead, there’s one active community forum where users exchange ideas, experiences, and answers.|
|Integrations||Integration with external apps, tools, CRMs, and e-commerce platforms.|
❓ What is email marketing?
Email marketing is a digital marketing strategy of sending a commercial message to people using Email. It provides higher conversion rates as business targets the people who already have an interest in their brand.
⚡ How to select an email marketing provider (ESP)?
You look at the following parameters while selecting a Mailchimp alternative:
- Template: The most important part of email marketing is the emails. So you require an email service provider that helps you create simple, elegant emails quickly and easily.
- Tracking: You should also make sure that your email service provides a consolidated dashboard with all the statistics you need. Example clicks, open rates, bounces, unsubscribes, and an option for social sharing.
- Automation: You need to send the most relevant messages to the right people at the right time, and Automation will help you to do this. So, you need to make sure that your mail service provider offers solid workflows to help you schedule and send automated messages.
- Mobility: Your emails should work across the various devices people use to consume Email. Today mobile-related email campaigns are more important. Email should be work across all Android and iOS devices. If not , you are missing out on conversions and revenue.
- Customization: You want the power to change every feature of a template so you can make it your own.
- Drag-and-drop editor: You should not need to be an expert coder to create an email. You should look for a drag-and-drop editor that provides you the power to add text, images, white space, and social icons with ease.
- Define your budget: The last but probably most vital thing you need to look for before selecting your campaign’s email service provider is your budget. You have an option for selecting low, medium, and enterprise-level providers. Setting the right one for your needs helps you to cost low and the return on your efforts high while still delivering the functionality you need.
🏅 What are SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records?
It is important to set SPF, DKIM, and DMARC for your email accounts to avoid spoofing and spam. Let us discuss each one by one:
- SPF (Sender Policy Framework) is a protocol for validating Email, which is designed to find and block email spoofing.
- DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) is a method for authenticating Email. It enables a receiver to know that the Email was sent and authorized by the domain author.
- DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance) is a protocol for email authentication. It is specifically designed to give email owners the ability to safeguard their domain from unauthorized use.
❗ What is the Can-Spam Act?
The CAN-SPAM Act is a cyber law that sets the rules for commercial emails that gives recipients the right to stop emailing them and spells out tough penalties for violations.
However, it doesn’t only apply to bulk Email. It also includes commercial messages, which the law defines as “any email message”. The primary purpose is the commercial advertisement or promotion of a commercial product or service.
It also includes the Email which promotes content on commercial websites. The law makes no exception for B2B Email. For example, a message to former customers announcing new service or product lines must comply with the law.
🚀 What is send time optimization?
Send Time Optimization is a method that uses data science to determine when your contacts are likely to engage and send your email marketing message at that time.
Here are important things that you should know before starting this process:
- Base on your plan, you may not have access to Send Time Optimization. First, you should know what features are included in each plan.
- You can use Send Time Optimization on Mailchimp’s regular, plain-text, A/B testing, and multivariate email types. However, this feature is not available in automated emails.
- You should use this method only when five hours left in the day in the time zone set for the account.
👉 What is Stale addresses?
Stale addresses are old or invalid emails that haven’t been sent to in a long time. Audiences with a lot of stale addresses can lead to high rates of bounces, spam complaints, and unsubscribes.
Therefore, it is advisable to delete or reconfirm stale email addresses. A cleaner email audience helps improve your deliverability and engagement with the subscribers who want to hear from you.
❓ What is email deliverability and why is it important?
Email deliverability is the ability to deliver emails to subscribers’ inboxes. It is important because some email marketers gauge the likelihood of their email campaigns reaching their subscribers’ inboxes.
For example, if you send 100 emails and 50 do not reach subscribers due to IP reputation, catch all, stale emails, high bounces, etc. your open rate is already down by 50%.
Email deliverability helps them to determine the email delivery parameters like ISPs, throttling, bounces, spam issues, and bulking.
🏅 Which are the Best Mailchimp Alternatives?
Below are the best alternatives to Mailchimp:
- Constant Contact
DISCLOSURE: We are reader supported and may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site