Load testing is a performance testing method that allows you to see how your system behaves under real-life load conditions. This helps you understand how the application will behave when multiple users try to access it simultaneously. Load testing tools are used to understand the performance, reliability, and compatibility of a system, computer, etc.
Many load testing tools are available in the market, and selecting one is difficult. Following is a curated list of Top load testing tools, both free (open source) and paid load testing tools, with all the latest features, protocol support, and download links.
LoadNinja by SmartBear is exactly what you need for quickly creating scriptless, sophisticated load tests. You can reduce testing time by 50% and replace load emulators with real browsers. Plus, you’ll get actionable, browser-based metrics at ninja speed! LoadNinja provides an easy way to capture client-side interactions, debug real-time, and identify performance problems.
By removing the tedious efforts of dynamic correlation, script translation, and script scrubbing, LoadNinja increases test coverage without sacrificing quality. There’s no need to spend time building load testing scripts when you can use LoadNinja to do it for you. This way, you can focus on developing scalable and efficient apps.
- InstaPlay recorder feature makes it easy to create and playback scriptless load tests.
- Real browser load testing at scale provides accurate results.
- The VU Debugger allows you to debug tests in real time.
- The VU Inspector enables you to manage virtual user activity in real time.
- With cloud-based hosting, you don’t need a server machine or the upkeep that goes along with it.
- This software provides sophisticated browser-based metrics with analytics and reporting features.
- The tool supports a variety of protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, WebSocket, Java-based protocol, Google Web Toolkit, Oracle Forms, SAP GUI Web, and more
WebLOAD is a powerful load testing solution that can generate realistic load scenarios for even the most complex systems. Its smart analytics feature provides performance insights that help you ensure your system can handle real-world traffic. WebLOAD provides a flexible, built-in platform that supports hundreds of technologies and integrates with many tools from CI/CD pipelines to monitoring.
- You can either deploy WebLOAD on the cloud or on-premises.
- The ability to create flexible test scenarios.
- The web technology support is comprehensive, and extensibility is straightforward.
- The automatic bottleneck detector can help you identify network delays quickly and easily.
- The customer support team is always on hand to help you.
- Support a variety of protocols, including HTTPS, HTTP, HTTP/2, RESTful Web Services, XML, Single Page Application, and more.
Kobiton offers a variety of ways to access real devices, including a public cloud, private cloud, and on-premises. Kobiton’s Load Testing capabilities enable users to integrate real device testing with Load and Stress testing solutions. This way, users can more effectively identify and fix any potential performance issues with their mobile apps. This allows for testing mobile applications on real devices under various load and stress conditions.
You can do this manually or using automation with a script-based solution like Appium or using Kobiton’s AI-driven scriptless load test creation. Kobiton’s platform solution makes it easy to integrate with performance metrics solutions like NeoLoad or JMeter. This makes it easier to get the data you need to optimize your website or application’s performance.
- Kobiton’s device lab management will enable you to connect with devices in the cloud, your local on-premises devices, and on-desk devices.
- You can create automated test scripts from manual tests that can be executed on multiple devices simultaneously.
- Kobiton’s Payload capture allows users to test crucial app and website-specific performance
- It can Automatly generate test cases
- It supports W3C WebDriver Protocol
HeadSpin provides load testing capabilities that allow you to optimize digital experiences. It can help users identify, resolve and optimize performance issues across applications, devices, networks, and 3rd-party interfaces. It also provides data that is free from ambiguity, coming from actual devices, networks, and locations.
This allows for more accurate understanding and decision-making. HeadSpin’s platform ensures digital business success by accelerating development and innovation. By providing AI testing and Dev-ops collaboration capabilities, HeadSpin’s platform helps businesses achieve their digital goals.
- Constantly monitor and optimize performance across the user journey for the best experience.
- Performance data is collected from real-world conditions.
- Advanced AI capabilities can help identify load issues in testing before they impact users.
- Test your app on various real devices in numerous locations. SIM card-enabled devices are supported.
- W3C WebDriver protocol
StresStimulus is the only tool that can accurately target application scenarios that are difficult to test with other tools. The autocorrelation feature automatically corrects playback errors. StresStimulus records user actions and replays them to simulate variable usage patterns.
The load impact monitor tracks how responsive the application is and what kind of load is placed on the server infrastructure. The result analyzer looks for errors that functional testing may have missed and provides detailed performance metrics for the application.
- The Test Wizard streamlines the testing process, making it easy to get started.
- On-premises or cloud testing can be supported with multiple load generators.
- This loading testing tool can be used on its own or as an add-on to Fiddler.
- Exports script to Visual Studio test format to help with scenarios that fail to record in Visual Studio directly.
- No manual scripting is required; three scripting languages are supported.
- Platform enables you to communicate using a variety of protocols, including HTTP, AJAX, HTTPS, WCF, binary WCF, SOAP, XML.
6) Apache Jmeter
JMeter is an excellent open-source load testing solution that can be used for load testing. It is very helpful for analyzing and measuring the load of various services. It is mainly used as a website performance testing tool for web service applications.
- One of the best load testing tools is designed for load testing and supports multiple load injectors managed by a single controller.
- One of the highly portable load test tools supports 100% of all Java-based apps.
- Require lesser scripting effort, as it offers one of the best user-friendly.
- This tool provides users with simple charts and graphs that are sufficient for analyzing key load-related statistics and resource usage monitors.
- Real-time Tomcat Monitoring support through integrated collectors.
- HTTP, HTTPS, XML, SOAP, Java-based protocols, and FTP.
7) Micro Focus LoadRunner
Micro Focus LoadRunner is a load testing version of Loadrunner that is enabled for global standardization and Performance CoE formation. Engineers can provide quality and optimize performance at any point in the DevOps pipeline through shift-left load testing and shift-right application load monitoring.
When your business grows, your testing needs also increase. This tool helps you scale up your operation by consolidating hardware and standardizing best practices in a full-scale testing Center of Excellence (CoE). This will helps you to leverage global testing resources and meet the demands of your expanding business.
- Reduced cost of distributed load testing.
- Using an effective enterprise load tester tool can reduce the risk of deploying systems that do not meet performance requirements.
- This tool can help ensure that systems can meet the required performance levels.
- Microfocus reduces hardware and software costs by accurately predicting system capacity.
- Can find the root cause of application performance problems can be quickly and accurately identified.
- Access global test resources via web browser for optimal load generator farm usage.
- Load Runner is a load testing tool that supports all protocols.
8) Micro Focus Silk Performer
Silk Performer is an enterprise-class load testing solution that can test multiple application environments with thousands of concurrent users. This load testing tool is one of the best because it supports various protocols. This tool requires minimal hardware resources for virtual user simulation. Correlation and Parameterization are user-friendly, and it does not require a license for controllers or individual protocols.
- There are three main components the True Log Explorer, the Performance Explorer, and the Workbench.
- This loading testing tool lets you create and edit virtual users to copy real-world traffic conditions.
- It helps you to manage Load Testing in the Project approach, Generates reports with tables and graphs, and allows customization.
- This stress testing tool supports six models of workloads, making it a valuable tool for those who want to test the limits of their system.
- It provides Agent Health Control to stress test websites with server-side diagnostics.
- Micro Focus Silk Performer provides excellent Version Control Management capabilities.
- Offers support for a variety of protocols, including Email (SMTP/POP), HTTP/HTML, HTTPS/HTML, HTTP/HTTPS, Flash, FTP, TCP/IP, LDAP, XML/SOAP, .NET, and many more.
9) Rational Performance Tester
RPT is a load testing tool developed by IBM Corporation that helps development teams validate the scalability and reliability of web-based applications before they are deployed to production, which does not require any coding. It is one of the best load testing tools that offers Environment and Platform support.
- This load testing tool provides scheduled and event-based testing, making it one of the best options available.
- Immediate performance problem identification through real-time reporting.
- It can handle extensive multi-user tests effortlessly.
- Ensuring that user profiles reflect accurate workloads.
- This software automates the process of testing data variation.
- The identification of dynamic server responses can be made automatically.
- The website load test will render HTML views of the web pages visited during the test recordings
- Ensure security protocol support.
- You can insert Java code to customize your experience.
- Citrix, Socket Recording, Web HTTP, SOA, SAP, XML, WebSphere, and Weblogic are all supported.
❓ What is Load Testing Tool?
Load testing tools allow you to test your app or website in a simulated environment that simulates real-world conditions. It also helps you to identify areas of improvement in your code, or pinpoint areas that may need further investigation. It helps you identify potential slowdowns or issues.
✅ Which are the Best Load Testing Tools?
Here are some of the Best Load Testing Tools:
❗ Why is load testing important?
Load testing is a process used to evaluate an application’s performance in terms of speed, stability, and scalability. By conducting load tests, organizations can identify areas where their applications need improvement. Load testing provides stakeholders with valuable insights into the performance of their application. If load testing is not performed, the software is likely to experience problems such as reduced speed when multiple users are accessing it simultaneously, inconsistencies across different operating systems, and poor usability. Therefore, load testing is a vital part of software testing.
⚡ Which factors should you consider while selecting a Load Testing Tool?
You should consider the following factors for selecting a Load testing tool
- The protocol that you want to test for: Web, Desktop, Citrix, SAP, etc
- Good User Interface and prompt customer support
- Robust feature set.
- Cost of the tool
- In the case of an outsourcing project, you need to factor in the customer/Client preference of the load testing tool
- You also need to consider the cost involved in training employees on the tool
- Hardware/Software requirements to run the automation tool