15 BEST Screen Recorder Software for MAC [Free & Paid]
Screen recording software lets you capture your screen to share with others, create product-related videos, tutorials, lessons, demo, YouTube videos, and more. These software enables you to record videos from webcam and screen.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Screen Capture Apps for Mac, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best Screen Recording Software for MAC: Free & Paid
|Loom||• Unlimited video creation and storage with the Loom Business Plan
• Upload videos into Loom to store as a video content library
• Emoji reactions and comments make feedback fun
|Captivate||• It can optimize the content of any screen size.
• This tool allows you to save videos as MP4.
• You can add buttons to your learning video.
|Screencast-O-Matic||• It allows you to import videos, images, and audio from other devices
• Zoom in or out to highlight a specific area of the video
• You can apply styles on text, shapes, and images
|ClickUp||• It helps you to capture your entire screen, app window, or your browser tab.
• Allows you to send your video message to anyone with a shareable link.
• You can create a video recording, add description, and assign it to your team.
|Camtasia||• You can record webcam and screen, and presentation.
• It provides music and audio library.
• Camtasia enables you to create quizzes.
Loom is the leading video communication platform for async work. Engineered for simplicity and speed, you can record, share, and interact with videos to move work forward whether you’re at your desk or on the move. Over 14 million people across 200,000 companies use Loom to work smarter with async video.
- Record your screen in seconds using the native Mac app or chrome extension
- Generate a written transcript and remove filler words with a click
- Unlimited video creation and storage with the Loom Business Plan
- Upload videos into Loom to store as a video content library
- Emoji reactions and comments make feedback fun
- Record with confidence wherever you are with background noise reduction feature
Captivate is an interactive video maker for tutorials and eLearning that you can use with Adobe Creative Cloud. It allows you to capture and export your screen contents as a still video.
- It can optimize the content of any screen size.
- This tool allows you to save videos as MP4.
- You can add buttons to your learning video.
- It helps you to publish the final video for desktop or web use or make an app.
- You can quickly build up storyboards on your mobile device.
- This software enables you to import your PowerPoint presentation and convert it into a multimedia, interactive module.
- You can import and synchronize content from Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Audition.
Screencast-O-Matic is an easy to use screen recorder that enables you to capture any area of your screen. It provides an option to add video from your webcam and narration from your microphone.
- You can animate videos with transitions and overlay effects.
- It allows you to import videos, images, and audio from other devices.
- You can show or hide the cursor and webcam.
- Zoom in or out to highlight a specific area of the video.
- You can add and edit narration, music, and system audio.
- You can apply styles on text, shapes, and images.
ClickUp is a free screen recording software that allows you to share your screen recording to convey your message precisely without the need for an email chain or personal meeting.
- It helps you to capture your entire screen, app window, or your browser tab.
- Allows you to send your video message to anyone with a shareable link.
- You can create a video recording, add description, and assign it to your team.
- Supported platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS
Camtasia is a tool to record and create professional-looking videos on your Mac device. Use can use this software for making video tutorials, video lessons, YouTube videos, demo videos, and more.
- You can record webcam and screen, and presentation.
- It provides music and audio library.
- You can create eye-catching titles and annotations.
- Camtasia enables you to add Zoom, pan, and animate.
- You can use transitions between scenes and slides in order to improve video flow.
- Camtasia enables you to create quizzes.
- You can add an effect to your video.
6) Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream Screen Recorder is a screen recording tool that allows you to record any area of your computer screen. This tool helps you to record Video tutorials, apps and Games, Live streams, Skype calls, Webinars, and more.
- It allows you to choose output quality.
- You can select the area of the screen or record the full screen.
- This software helps you to record screen with webcam overlay.
- You can add text, shapes, and arrows to your screen recording.
- Icecream apps enable you to record full-screen 3D games.
- You can record the screen and save it in GIF format.
- It enables you to add a watermark logo to your screen recording.
7) Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recorder is a lightweight screen recording tool which is used for video streaming, capturing video calls, etc. It helps you to capture full HD video at 60 frames per sound.
- Record screen with a plugin, microphone or sound or to record a voice.
- Include a range of settings, including frame rate, and volume.
- You can cut and join video clips, without any hassle.
- This software helps you to record video even if you are away.
- It allows you to share results to Google Drive, Movavi Cloud, or YouTube.
- No special hardware is needed for capturing screen audio.
- You can record from any source, including mic, system sounds, and webcam.
8) IFun Screen Recorder
Iobit’s IFun Screen Recorder is a tool that enables you to record your computer screen with ease. It allows you to edit the video with minimal efforts. This application can be used to store clips in 4k definition resolution.
- You can record HD video without any watermark.
- Enables you to capture movie, online course, and tutorials.
- Allows you to select area for recording.
- Supports more than 12 output formats including, MP4, GIF, and AVI.
- You can capture screen with audio.
- This tool helps you to schedule your recording with start and end time.
- This tool enables you to edit video with ease.
TechSmith Snagit is a screen image and video recording application for short recordings of your screen. It can record the action on the screen and audio as MPEG 4 video file.
- It allows you to quickly record video working through steps.
- You can switch between webcam and screen recording during video.
- Record audio either from microphone or computer system audio.
- You can turn video into an animated GIF And add it to your website.
- Snagit helps you to trim any video clip.
- You can record the iOS screen with just a few taps.
ScreenFlow is a video editing, screen recording, and sharing software from Telestream. It helps you to make home videos to professional videos. It allows you to record your iPhone or iPad screen.
- You can access over 500,000 unique media types.
- You can add transitions, video animations, freehand annotations, text animations, and more.
- This tool enables you to animate titles and logos and graphics with built-in video animation.
- You can use styles and templates to make software tutorials.
- It helps you to organize your project with nested clips, markets, nested clips, and multi-track editing.
- You can publish your video with content publishing sites like YouTube, Wistia, Vimeo, Imgur, and more.
- Create animated APNGs and GIFs from any video project.
ActivePresenter is a screen recording tool that allows you to record narration, webcam, and audio system. It can be installed on Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems that can be used to create software demonstrations.
- You can easily record the screen as a full-motion video.
- It allows you to record audio from speaker and microphone.
- You can integrate live-action footage in your video.
- It enables you to export content to
- You can export content in varieties of video formats like AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, and WebM.
- This software support HTML5.
AceThinker enables you to record and save activity on your computer screen. It has various screen recording modes that help you to screencast specific regions around the mouse cursor or full screen.
- It allows you to record only audio.
- You can annotate a video.
- It enables you to schedule a task.
- This tool has numerous modes for capturing videos.
ApowerREC tool allows you to record live streaming videos, desktop activities, and so on. It allows you to capture your activity on the full screen or within the customized region.
- It offers real-time editing while recording any video.
- You can record video from webcam.
- This software allows you to create a scheduled task to record PC screenshot/webcam automatically.
- You can convert video into AVI, MP4, WMV, etc.
- It enables you to adjust volume and customize audio source from microphone or sound card.
Screencastify is a video screen capture program design for Chrome. It is one of the best screen recording programs that helps you to record the content of the webcam, tab, or desktop by just pressing a record button. This tool can be used for creating screencasts for record presentations, video tutorials, etc.
- You can record videos without the internet.
- It provides mouse spotlight click highlighting to capture attention.
- You can upload it directly to YouTube.
- It allows you to export the video as an animated GIF, MP4, or MP3 format.
- You can narrate with the help of a microphone.
- Screencastify autosave to Google drive.
Soapbox tool helps you to record, edit, and share videos. You can click the record button and edit to share a webcam, screen, or split-screen view.
- You can combine recording with a screencast.
- It allows you to export your video to social media with just a few clicks.
- You can loop GIF and text overlay.
- Supports video recording from a webcam.
TinyTake is a video recording software designed for Windows and Mac platforms. It is one of the best screen recording software for Mac which allows you to capture videos of your computer screen, add comments, and share them with other people.
- You can assign custom short cut keys.
- Record video of your screen for more than 120 minutes.
- You can store videos in the cloud.
- You can Zoom in or zoom out any video.
- This tool is a proxy server friendly.
- TinyTake Mac screen recorder with audio enables you to share a link to stored video.
Droplr is a program for Windows and Mac platforms. You can use it to share screencasts, files, and screenshots with others. It is one of the best free screen recorder for Mac that runs in the background, and you can make it a streamlined part of your workflow. Droplr is attractive, intuitive, and unobtrusive.
- Captured screenshot can be saved to the cloud.
- You can markup captured screenshots.
- It is one of the best screen capture software for Mac that allows you to add messages with the captured snapshot.
- You can blur sensitive details on screenshot.
❓ What is Screen Recording Software?
Screen recording software is an application tool that lets you capture your computer screen to share with others. It allows you to create product-related videos, tutorials, lessons, demos, YouTube videos, and more. A screen recording software also enables you to record videos from the webcam and computer screen itself.
💻 Which are the best Screen Recording Software?
Here are some of the best screen recording software:
✅ How do I start Screen Recording a Video?
Here is a step by step process on how to start screen recording a video:
- Step 1) Download and install any of the above-listed screen recording software
- Step 2) Now, open the screen recording software from the Desktop icon
- Step 3) Click on the Start Recording button to start recording your screen
- Step 4) You can also record videos from the webcam of your PC or laptop to record external angles
- Step 5) Once you are finished with recording your video, stop recording and save your video by pressing the Stop button
- Step 6) Now, you can access your recorded video from the file directory set in the screen recording software