MP4 video editors are software tools that allow you to perform the post-production clip editing of digital videos. It has replaced traditional celluloid film editing tools and analog video editing machines. These MP4 video editing tools offer some good features like automated reformatting of your videos, browse through thousands of free video clips, cloud storage facilities, etc.
Following is a handpicked list of Top MP4 Video Editors with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
BEST Free MP4 Editors for Video Editing: Top Picks
|Adobe Premiere||Windows, Mac||Learn More|
|FilmoraGo||Windows, Mac||Learn More|
|Icecream Apps Video Editor||Windows||Learn More|
|Camtasia||Windows, Mac||Learn More|
|Media Composer||Windows, Mac||Learn More|
Adobe Premiere is a video editing software that helps you to make changes in your videos with ease. It allows you to export videos in different formats like AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved), MXF, and more.
- Automatically reformats your videos.
- This MP4 video editor helps you to manage curve adjustments.
- You can extend your editing platform.
- It accelerates audio mixing.
- It helps you get an immersive experience with all the tools you require to create and share stories.
FilmoraGo is an MP4 video-making application that has an intuitive user interface. This tool allows you to change the aesthetics of your videos with one click. It comes with a wide range of video effects that enable you to make clips look good.
- This free MP4 editor provides fast processing, proxy files, and adjustable preview quality, which help you to be more productive.
- It has advanced editing modes and much greater controls, including keyframing over your videos.
- You can fix camera problems like camera shake and fisheye.
- Enables you to organize your media in 100 full video tracks.
- You can share your stories online.
- It has PC/Mac cross-compatibility.
Icecream Apps video editor is an easy-to-use video editing software that can be used for Windows. This software allows you to quickly make changes to your videos. It helps you to trim clips, add transitions, rotate angles, and more.
- You can add a title to any video scene.
- It offers a single timeline to edit the video.
- Offers intuitive GUI.
- Helps you to add effects to your videos.
- It allows you to crop videos with ease.
Camtasia Studio is an MP4 video editor that makes it simple to create professional-looking videos. It offers more than 900,000 royalty-free stock videos, music, and customizable assets.
- You can record your screen and edit videos with ease.
- It offers eye-catching titles, annotations, and callouts.
- This MP4 video editor helps you streamline your video review process.
- You can add quiz questions and interactivity to make tutorials and learning videos.
- This program allows you to add zoom in, zoom out, and pan animations.
- Camtasia Studio enables you to record and import your presentations.
- Allows creating images and videos to give feedback.
- Guru99 users get 20% off with coupon “TSCAFF20”
Media Composer is a free video editing software that helps you customize the interface for any production role. This video editing tool gives you more power and speed.
- You can integrate workflows and collaborate as a team.
- Allows customizing the interface for any production role.
- It helps independent video editors to make standard videos.
WeVideo is a collaborative, web-based video editing platform that works in any browser. It helps you to change the background of the video. It enables you to develop high-quality videos with ease.
- You can edit videos from Chromebook, Windows, Mobile, and Mac.
- This app provides unlimited cloud storage to make videos.
- It helps you to bring your memories to life with stunning home movies.
- It helps you to inspire meaningful learning and creative expression in any subject.
- You can add custom text, colors, emojis, etc.
PowerDirector is a video editing software developed by CyberLink. It allows you to add customized shapes and objects in videos. This tool supports motion graphics and animated titles.
- It allows you to import 8K videos.
- PowerDirector enables you to produce videos in a 1:1 output ratio.
- You can add shapes to your videos.
- It provides numerous readymade templates.
- This MP4 editor software offers slow motion and fast motion effects.
- You can correct color distortion in a clip.
- It can stabilize shaky footage.
- You can import and edit video shots on camera.
MacXvideo is a free MP4 editor built for macOS. It helps you to compress 4K, 5K, or 8K videos without any hassle. This tool allows you to share a clip with colleagues via WhatsApp, email, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- You can quickly apply effects to your videos.
- It helps you merge more than one video segment into a single file.
- You can process clips from any source, including a tablet, camera, camcorder, etc.
- MacXvideo enables you to crop or rotate videos to fit the screen of any device.
- It supports HEVC (High-Efficiency Video Coding) and MP4.
- You can work on a multi-track video.
- It can shrink videos made with HFR (High Frame Rates).
InVideo helps you to transform your content into great videos. This tool allows you to convert your articles or blogs to engaging videos.
- 1500+ premium video templates.
- You can convert your article to an engaging video.
- It helps you to find and customize templates.
- Enables you to create logos on existing clips.
- This MP4 video editing program provides an automated text-to-speech feature.
Wave is an MP4 video editing tool that allows you to create branded video content that helps you to build your audience.
- It helps you to create videos easily with the largest 300 million stock video and image library.
- You can import your video clips, music, and images with a simple drag-and-drop utility.
- Allows you to add a log to your videos.
- Allows changing the aspect ratio of your videos to 30+ popular sizes, specially optimized for every social platform.
Kapwing is a platform for editing MP4 videos online. It enables you to crop, filter, resize, rotate, and more with ease.
- Videos can be edited on the browser using any device.
- You can share videos on Facebook, Instagram. Twitter, etc.
- This application allows you to collaborate in real time.
- It supports MP4, MOV, 3GP, and more file formats.
12) Hippo Video
Hippo Video leverages your video assets to lift your marketing, sales, and email campaigns. It also helps you to automate personalized video emails.
- It helps you bridge communication gaps with videos.
- Enables you to collect video testimonials, surveys, and feedback.
- You can drive video ROI with audience demographics.
- Helps you to engage and convert your prospects to customers.
Renderforest is a cloud-based video editing tool for creating intro videos for YouTube, explainer animations, etc. It is an online video and animation maker which allows you to work across various browsers.
- Allows creating professional intros and outros for your YouTube channel.
- It provides time-efficient video editing solutions for your business.
- It helps you to create realistic mobile app videos and tutorials.
- You can upload your own video files or use commercial videos.
VSDC is a video editor made by Flash-Integro. It is capable of producing high-quality footage, including UHD, 4K, 3D, etc. This app helps you to highlight or blur elements in your videos.
- You can edit video formats like AVI (Audio Video Integration), MP4, MPG (Moving Picture Group), and more.
- Allows creating or making changes in the videos captured from mobile phones, webcams, etc.
- You can upload videos directly to YouTube.
- VSDC allows you to convert one clip format to another.
- This software enables you to place objects in any position on the timeline, having any size.
Wideo is an online video creation and editing software that enables users to create, edit, and share online videos. This platform helps individuals to create tutorial videos, video e-cards, animated presentations, etc.
- It helps to create marketing videos easily.
- You can share and download your videos in MP4 format.
- Allows browsing through thousands of free video clips from the built-in library.
- This MP4 editor helps you create slideshow presentations with unique designs.
16) Pinnacle Studio
Pinnacle Studio is an MP4 editor that allows enhancing color grading features to improve video quality. It offers 2000+ video effects. This video editing tool also allows you to crop, rotate, edit, and zoom video clips.
- You can edit videos efficiently across tracks in 4K and HD formats.
- It provides 360° video editing.
- This application enables you to split video screens.
- You can edit videos captured from any video camera.
- It helps you to stabilize shaky videos.
VideoStudio Ultimate is a movie editing software made by Corel. It allows you to make changes in HD, 4K, or 360° video clips with a multi-track timeline. It has more than 2000 customizable filters. It also offers a feature for color correction.
- It helps you to create a split video screen layout.
- VideoStudio enables you to export videos with a transparent background.
- It enables you to enhance camera captured videos frame by frame.
- This MP4 editor enables you to track the object and add moving text or graphics.
- It offers customization of the movement of shapes, titles, and graphics.
- You can drag and drop elements to create a clip.
ACDSee is an MP4 video editing software that allows you to perform image manipulation, video layered editing, etc. It helps you to convert, edit, and render videos in a variety of formats and sizes.
- You can import your footage, work with existing media, or generate your own videos.
- Allows you to arrange, edit, split, trim, and merge audio and video recordings, as well as still images.
- ACDSee video converter easily converts video files.
Roxio is a utility software that helps you to edit MP4 videos with ease. This tool helps you to convert videos automatically in a preferred format.
- You can convert videos automatically into your desired formats.
- Allows capturing streaming web videos from popular sites like YouTube.
- It allows you to add transitions to your edited videos.
- This free MP4 editor has an intuitive user interface.
- You can capture videos and audio files with ease.
- It helps you copy DVDs, audio CDs, and more.
20) Nero Video
Nero is a fully integrated video editing product. It allows you to cut and trim video clips effortlessly. It is one of the best MP4 video editors that enables you to preview videos in HD quality.
- You can import, create, and edit videos from any device.
- It helps you to extract audio from video clips with just one mouse click.
- Nero can be used to create a movie for widescreen TV.
- It helps you to create a project with readymade effects.
- This MP4 editor allows you to share a movie with others on a flash drive.
- You can set transitions and fonts the way you like in the video.
Promo is a video editing and recording software that allows you to customize your videos with more than 2,500 best video templates.
- Allows you to promote vision, product, business, sale, ideas, events, or blog posts.
- It helps you get all the video ideas you need to succeed online.
- Provides all the creative assets and tools needed to promote your work effectively.
- It helps users to create loads of visual content and unlimited videos.
Simple MP4 Editor enables you to make changes in the video file with ease. This application helps you to split and join videos with no hassle.
- It allows you to set the start time and end time for video clips.
- You can edit the video by keeping the original quality of the video.
- This application allows you to extract audio from the video.
- It has an easy to use interface.
Movavi Video Editor Plus is an intuitive application that enables you to edit, add effects, add readymade intros and animation to any video. It allows you to apply the Chroma key to change the background of your clip.
- You can quickly edit any video.
- It is available in a wide range of languages.
- You can add photos to your video.
- This tool offers a vast library of video filters.
- Movavi Video Editor Plus includes a stabilization function in case a video is shaken while recording.
EaseUS is an easy and smart MP4 video editor that everyone can use. It allows you to easily trim, cut, merge, split, rotate, and mix your video clips.
- It offers more than 50 visual transition effects.
- You can record your narration with just one mouse click.
- Guru99 users get 30% off with coupon “GURU99EASEUS”
Lumen5 is a video creation platform that helps you create video content for advertisements, stories, posts, etc. You can add links to the article or blog post, and it will fetch the video automatically. It allows you to upload the logo in the video as a watermark.
- You can know the length of each scene by the amount of text written in every segment.
- It supports ratios like 16:9 and 1:1 or 9:16.
- The positioning of the text can be calculated based on the media file you have chosen.
- You can customize the video the way you like.
- Lumen5 supports video formats 480p, 1080p, and 720p.
Blender is an open-source tool suite that supports animation, motion tracking, MP4 video editing, 2D animation, etc.
This application allows users to customize the window layout and shortcuts.
- Users can easily change the animation pose with the editor.
- This tool has the ability to render multilayer OpenEXR files.
- This video editing app helps you to customize the application using the blender’s API with Python scripts.
- It provides animation support with onion skinning.
Rocketium is a part of the SaaS package that helps you to edit videos with ease. It enables you to collaborate with your colleagues to build videos together. This tool has a rich media library having more than 15 million items in its collection.
- Rocketium offers an API and SDK integration facility.
- It enables you to customize your videos with ease.
- This tool provides thousands of customizable video templates and Adobe plugins.
- Allows you to get more website conversions by listing videos.
Wistia is an MP4 video editing software to help you present attractive video experiences on your site. This application offers easy to use and simple user interface.
- Helps you create an engaging TV-quality video experience.
- You can send email notifications for new videos and use viewer data to create custom audiences.
- It offers a user-friendly interface.
Magisto is a cloud-based platform to create marketing and product-related videos. It supports a wide range of video editing styles and sounds.
- This tool provides support for artificial intelligence that analyzes your video clips.
- You can stabilize the camera shake.
- This MP4 editor software has a collection of styles that helps users determine the movie’s style.
- This tool enables you to quickly make a high-quality social video.
Mediasite offers MP4 video editing, management, and streaming solutions and a playing field for learners worldwide. It provides a range of tools that every video editor needs to create compelling stories.
- It provides a mobile-friendly management portal.
- You can curate, watch and interact with videos.
- It offers the ability to download a caption file to improve the accessibility of videos.
Panopto is a video editing platform built for organizations. It is the easiest way to record, live stream, manage, and share videos across your organization.
- It is a great video collaboration software.
- Provides support for video platforms for distance learning.
- Offers videos for corporate communications
- It allows you to integrate your LMS, web portals, and more.
- Allows interacting inside your course videos.
MediaSilo is a video editing tool that helps storytellers worldwide to collaborate and present their work in the best way. It is a video editing tool that handles encoding, playback, review, approval, and media management.
- Combines enterprise-level security and on-demand watermarking with elegant usability.
- Empowers storytellers to make videos better.
- Provides most common forms of watermarking like forensic, visible, overlay, and DRM.
- It offers simple and secure video sharing.
Clipchamp provides a free video editor, compressor, converter, and webcam recorder to create videos. It helps you to trim, cut, speed control, adjust titles, and filter your videos.
- Helps you create and edit videos for PC, Mac, laptop, or desktop.
- You can combine your content with professional assets.
- It helps you to drag and drop as many videos, imagery, and audio as you need.
- It helps you create Facebook, YouTube, Slideshow, and Instagram promos.
Lightworks is a platform for editing any digital video in a wide range of formats, including 2K resolution, 4K resolution, and HD formats. It supports various platforms like Linux, Windows, macOS, etc.
- You can easily edit the video timeline and trim it.
- It enables you to export videos for YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- You can make 2D and 3D titles.
- Lightworks allows you to share a clip with other people and assign read or write access.
- You can easily customize the shortcuts.
- Lightworks supports English, German, Italian, and more languages.
- This tool provides a simple way to trim your videos.
iMovie is a video editing tool for iOS and macOS. It allows you to select dozens of styles to animate videos. You can change the transition speed of your video clips.
- You can add a finishing touch like a color correction to the video.
- It allows you to edit videos on an iPhone or iPad and your Mac.
- This app includes built-in music, sound effects, and voiceover recordings.
- iMovie helps you to create 4K-resolution movies.
- It enables you to create movie trailers from easy-to-use templates.
36) DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve is a video editing software that offers an easy-to-use user interface. It helps you to apply transformations, blend modes, color grades, and more in video clips.
- Provides a dual timeline that lets you edit clips quickly.
- You can instantly share your project with online services like YouTube and Vimeo.
- DaVinci Resolve enables you to create a timeline with different frame rates.
- It enables you to collaborate remotely with other people.
Moovly is a drag-and-drop video editing tool. It allows you to create engaging videos using a library of over a million free media objects.
- Automated video generation.
- You can import and export the content.
- Provides customizable branding and video templates.
- It offers a drag & drop interface, enterprise integration with HTML5 technology.
- It provides personal and group media libraries and screen recording.
- You can easily create templates.
- It provides a text-to-speech facility.
38) Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X helps you accelerate graphical tasks like rendering, real-time effects, motion graphics, and exporting video clips. It also allows you to use gift cards for Apple’s digital content and subscriptions.
- Automatically syncs up to 64 angles of video using various formats.
- Final Cut Pro includes an intuitive, comprehensive set of tools for closed captioning in various formats.
- Dramatically accelerates graphics tasks like rendering real-time effects and exporting.
- Final Cut Pro helps you to accelerate post-production work.
- You can add 2D and 3D titles to your 360° videos and apply blurs, glows, and other 360° effects.
- Optimized for the all-new Mac Pro.
- Accelerates post-production work.
39) HitFilm Express
HitFilm Express is a video editing and recording tool. It enables you to edit the video and add effects. It helps you to trim, make changes in audio, and more.
- Combining 2D and 3D videos is very easy.
- It supports more than 410 effects.
- This tool can be used on Windows and Mac.
- HitFilm Express provides unlimited tracks to arrange video clips.
- It provides color correction and grading features.
- It contains a track panel to control 2D tracking inside HitFilm.
LightMV is a tool for editing MP4 videos with ease. It offers professional templates to quickly start making changes in the clips.
- You can make videos in HD resolution.
- It offers an intuitive interface.
- This tool allows you to create videos for various situations in your work or life.
- It provides a guide for beginners.
❓ What are MP4 editors?
MP4 video editors are software tools that allow you to perform the post-production clip editing of digital videos. It has replaced traditional celluloid film editing tools and analog video editing machines.
⚡ Which are the Best MP4 Video Editors?
Below are some of the best MP4 video editor software:
- Icecream Apps Video Editor
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- PowerDirector Ultra
- Pinnacle Studio
🚀 How does MP4 compare with other video codec formats?
Codec compresses and decompresses the data so that the video size is easy to manage. Generally, video files containing audio and video can take more than 50GB of space which makes the download process long. In such cases, you can use a codec like MPEG-4, WebM, ACC, etc., for compressing data size to a little lower quality. All these codecs have their relative advantages and disadvantages.
🏅 What are the Benefits of an MP4 Video Editor?
Here are the benefits of an MP4 video editor:
- You can make videos in HD resolution.
- It offers an intuitive interface.
- This program allows you to add zoom in, zoom out, and pan animation.
- Automatically reformats your videos.
- It offers eye-catching titles, annotations, and callouts.
💻 What Video Editor do YouTubers use?
Generally, YouTubers use Adobe Premiere Pro CC, iMovie, and Final Cut Pro X.
❗ How to Edit a Video?
Here is a step by step process on how to edit MP4 files free using MP4 video editor:
- Step 1) Download and install any of the above-listed MP4 video editor software on your system
- Step 2) Once installed, open the MP4 video editor software
- Step 3) Go File>Open and locate the video on your system that you want to edit
- Step 4) Once uploaded, you can now apply different graphic effects, audio effects, etc. functionalities to your video
- Step 5) After adding effects and editing the video, save the video by going to File>Save to save the changes
- Step 6) You can now import the edited video in your desired format