Green screen software are applications that can be used to change the background of video. These tool enables you to easily edit the video timeline and trim it. They allow you to add the color of your choice in the video clip background. Many such programs allow you to organize and share footage or media files with other people.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Free Green Screen Software, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Green Screen Apps and Software for windows PC & Mac
|Adobe After Effects||Windows and Mac||Learn More|
|Camtasia||Windows and Mac||Learn More|
|Movavi||Windows, Linux, and Mac||Learn More|
|Wevideo||Mac and iOS||Learn More|
Adobe After Effects is a tool that helps you to effectively replace the green background in the VFX. It allows you to remove the object from a clip. It enables you to add more than one camera viewpoint.
- Provides an intuitive way to select, track, and isolate objects with ease.
- This tool enables you to create cinematic film title transactions and intros.
- It has a green screen wizard that helps you to easily navigate 3D visuals.
Camtasia is a green screen software that makes it simple to create professional-looking videos. It offers more than 900,000 royalty-free stock videos, music, and customizable assets. This software helps you to streamline your video review process.
- Record your screen and edit videos with ease
- This green screen photo software offers eye-catching titles, annotations, and callouts.
- You can add quiz questions and interactivity to measure learning videos.
- This is one of the best chroma key software that allows you to zoom in, zoom out, and pan animation.
- Camtasia Studio enables you to record and import your presentations.
- Create images and videos to give feedback.
Movavi Video Editor is an intuitive application that enables you to trim and add effects, ready-made intros, and animation to any clips. It allows you to apply the Chroma key to change the background of your clip.
- It helps you to stabilize and reverse video.
- Allows you to add stylish titles, transactions, filters, and more.
- It is available in a wide range of languages.
- You can add photos to your video.
- This tool offers a vast library of video filters.
- You can quickly edit any video.
- Supported platforms: iOS and Windows.
Filmora is a green screen software that enables you to create a custom animated video with ease. It helps you to perform object tracking with no hassle. This tool enables you to change the video clip background.
- You can quickly fade your audio.
- Allows you to save time by applying color correction settings across multiple clients.
- This tool enables you to split video.
- Provides keyboard shortcut for ease of access.
- You can add transactions, filters, and titles.
Wevideo is a collaborative, web-based video editing platform that works in any browser. It helps you to change the background of the video.
- You can edit video from Chromebook, Windows, Mobile, and Mac.
- It enables you to develop high-quality videos with ease.
- This app provides unlimited cloud storage to make a video.
- You can add custom text, colors, emojis, etc. to videos.
Kapwing is a green screen video editor that enables you to remove the background in the video clip. This application allows you to apply visual effects to your videos.
- You can access the video from any browser.
- Allows you to create a video without any watermark.
- Enables you to trim your video with ease.
- You can select the colors you want to choose.
ManyCam is a live streaming software that enables you to deliver professional video, streams, online classes with ease. The tool allows you to remove, replace, or blur background during a web conference.
- Available for Facebook and YouTube Live.
- It supports streaming and broadcasting.
- This tool is capable of recording videos in WMV and AVI.
- It can be synced with Skype and Yahoo messenger.
- The supported platform: Windows 10, 8, 7 PC
- Guru99 users get 35% off Premium plans with coupon 21BSCHOOL35
VSDC Free Video Editor is a green screen software that can produce high-quality footage. This app helps you to highlight or blur elements in your video. It enables you to upload videos directly to YouTube.
- This free green screen software allows you to edit video in formats like AVI, MP4, MPG, and more.
- You can create or make changes in the video captured from mobile phones, webcams, etc.
- VSDC allows you to convert one clip format to another.
- This green screen editor enables you to place objects in any position on the timeline, having any size.
#9) AVS Video Editor
AVS Video Editor is a free green screen software that enables you to trim, cut, split, merge, and rotate videos. This tool can process, edit, and save video files in VOB, AVI, MP4, and more. It allows you to make changes in the video shot with a green background.
- You can edit HD files with ease.
- It allows you to record videos.
- This application helps you to open and edit Blu-ray video clips.
- You can share videos with other people.
- It provides more than 300 video effects.
- Supports many languages, including English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, etc.
PowerDirector is a green screen software that allows you to ad customized shapes and objects in video. This tool supports motion graphics and animated titles. It allows you to import and edit video shot on camera.
- Helps you to customize the motion graphic title.
- Allows you to perform Hollywood style green screen editing.
- PowerDirector enables you to produce video in a 1:1 output ratio.
- This is one of the best chroma key software that allows you to import 8K videos.
- You can add shapes to your video.
- It provides numerous ready-made templates.
- This tool offers slow motion and fast motion effects.
- You can correct color distortion in a clip.
- It can stabilize shaky footage.
#11) Vegas Pro
Vegas Pro is a green screen software that has easy to use user interface to edit video or image. This tool automatically saves your work. It helps you to import video from a tablet, video camera, and smartphone.
- This green screen photography software provides hundreds of effects.
- You can remove whole sections of a video clip without hassle.
- You can edit a video of 8K.
- Sony Vegas Pro provides a drag and drop interface.
- This tool offers a nested timeline to speed up your workflow.
- The advanced version of Sony Vegas Pro provides a lens correction plugin.
- You can make a slow-motion video.
#12) EaseUS Video Editor
EaseUS is easy and smart green screen software that can be used by everyone. It allows you to trim, cut, merge, split, rotate, and mix clips. This tool enables you to import and music track.
- It offers more than 50 visual transition effects.
- This application does have no export length limit.
- You can record your narration with just one mouse click.
- EraseUs allows you to record your narrations (written or spoken word).
- Guru99 users get 30% off with coupon “GURU99EASEUS”
Corel VideoStudeio Ultimate is a tool that enables you to edit a video having green background. This application supports HD, 4K, and 360 video editing. It allows you to split custom videos with ease.
- You can perform lens and color correction.
- It helps you to stabilize the shaky video.
- Allows you to customize object motion.
- Offers a wide range of overlays and templates.
- Process video in batch.
- You can crop, trim, and rotate video.
- It provides a large variety of effects and filters.
#14) Pinnacle Studio
Pinnacles Studio is a green screen app that has enhanced color grading features to improve video quality. It contains more than 2000 effects.
- This tool allows you to remove the green color background from video.
- You can edit video efficiently across tracks in 4K and HD format.
- It provides 360 video editing.
- You can crop, rotate, edit, and zoom videos.
- This application enables you to split-screen video.
- You can edit videos captured from any video camera.
- It helps you to stabilize shaky videos.
Hippo Video is a tool that enables you to customize your background color with ease. This application helps you to lift your marketing, sales, and email campaigns. It also helps you to automate personalized Video emails.
- This tool allows you to easily add a green screen/chroma key effect.
- Bridge communication gaps with videos.
- Collect video testimonials, surveys, and feedback.
- Drive video ROI with audience demographics.
- Engage and convert your prospects to customers.
ACDSee is a green screen software that enables you to wipe video background with no hassle. It allows you to perform image manipulation, video, layered editing, etc. This tool helps you to convert, finalize, and render videos in a variety of formats and sizes.
- Import your footage, work with existing media, or generate your own.
- Arrange, edit, split, trim, and merge audio and video recordings, as well as still images.
- ACDSee video converter 5 easily converts video files.
IMovie is a green screen software that allows you to select dozens of styles to animate titles. It enables you to change the speed of shoots. This software for green screen can be used to add a finishing touch like a color correction to a video.
- This chroma key software allows you to start editing on an iPhone or iPad, then finishes on your Mac.
- This app includes built-in music, sound effects, and voiceover recording.
- iMovie helps you to create 4K-resolution movies.
- It enables you to create movie trailers from easy to use templates.
Lightworks is a Green screen software that helps you to edit video in a wide range of formats, including 2K resolution, 4K resolution, and HD formats. It is one of the best green screen program that enables you to export videos for YouTube, Vimeo, etc. This tool allows you to share a clip with other people and assign read or write access
- You can easily edit the video timeline and trim it.
- Lightworks supports English, German, Italian, and more languages.
- This tool provides a simple way to trim your video.
- You can easily customize the shortcuts.
- You can make 2D and 3D titles.
- Supports OS like Linux, Windows, Mac OS, etc.
OpenShot is an open-source video editor that allows you to move up, down or locked track. It helps you to split out an audio clip from the video. This tool allows you to adjust brightness, hue, gamma, chroma-key, greyscale, etc.
- You can create as many layers as you want.
- Titles can have 3D animated effects.
- You can resize, trim, and rotate clips.
- OpenShot software for green screen provides video transactions with real time previews.
- You can quickly adjust the font and color of your titles.
- This tool has a drag and drop feature.
#20) HitFilm Express
HitFilm Express is a green screen software that allows you to edit the video and add effects with minimal effort. It helps you to trim, make changes in audio, and more. This tool enables you to make color correction of video.
- Combining 2D and 3D videos is very easy.
- It supports more than 410 effects.
- This tool can be used on Windows and Mac.
- HitFilm Express provides unlimited tracks to arrange video clips.
- It contains a track panel to control 2D tracking inside HitFilm.
#21) OBS Studio
OBS Studio is an open-source and free live green screen software that enables you to create a scene with multiple sources, including images and text. This application allows you to switch seamlessly between video transactions.
- This free green screen editor offers intuitive audio.
- This green screen photo editor allows you to rearrange UI according to your desire.
- OBS Studio allows you to preview the scene before making it live.
- You can capture video in real time.
- Offers easy to use configurable options.
- This green screen software for photos supports lots of plugins.
- Supported platforms are Windows, Linux, and Mac.
#22) Ultimatte 12
Ultimatte 12 is a green screen software that enables you to remove the background from the images. This tool can be used to apply transformations, blend modes, color grades, and more in the video.
- This green screen app for Windows can reproduce bright colours in the photo.
- It has a dual timeline that lets you edit clips quickly.
- You can instantly share your project with online services like YouTube and Vimeo.
- DaVinci Resolve enables you to create a timeline with different frame rates.
- Helps you to composite elements together with ease
- Supported platforms are for macOS, Linux, and Windows.
#23) The Simple Green Screen App
The Simple Green Screen App is an application that enables you to replace the green background of the video. This green screen background editor offers a user-friendly environment for editing video clips.
- You can add the color of your choice in the background.
- It can be accessed from PC and mobile.
- This tool is available for free.
Blender is a green screen software that enables you to change the video background with a solid color. This tool allows you to customize the application using the blender’s API for Python script.
- This Chroma key software provides animation support with onion skinning.
- Blender allows the user to customize window layout and shortcuts.
- Offers live preview of edited video.
- Provides more than 32 slots for adding video.
Edius is a green screen software that enables you to change the background of a clip with ease. It allows you to perform real-time color correction and add filters in your clips.
- Supports High Dynamic Range (HDR).
- This green screen removal software can be used for a variety of cameras and codecs.
- This green screen video software offers a variety of plugins.
- Allows you to organize and share footage or media files with other people.
- Enables you to quickly import and import video with minimal effort.
#26) Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro x is a green screen tool that enables you to replace the background color of video. This green screen editing software allows you to use gift cards for Apple’s digital content and subscriptions.
- Automatically sync up to 64 angles of video using various formats.
- Offers real-time effects and exporting.
- Final Cut Pro helps you to accelerate post-production work.
- Add 2D and 3D titles to your 360° video and apply blurs, glows, and other 360° effects.
- Accelerates post-production work.
- Optimized for the all-new Mac Pro.
#27) Red Giant
Red Giant is software that instantly removes the green screen from images. It offers a streamlined user interface to modify your image. This application allows you to add text to your video.
- It can easily delete the green and blue spill.
- This green screen app for Computer offers a variety of visual effects.
- You can edit videos with transactions.
Moovly is a green screen software that enables you to remove video background with ease. It allows you to create engaging video clips using a library of over a million free media objects. This program offers personal and group media libraries.
- Automated video generation.
- Content import or export.
- Customizable Branding and Video templates.
- Offers drag and drop interface.
- You can easily create templates.
- This video making software provides a text-to-speech facility.
Clipchamp offers a free video editor, compressor, converter, and webcam recorder to create videos. It allows you to trim, cut, speed control, titles, filters your videos.
- Create and edit videos for PC or Mac, laptop or desktop
- Combine your content with professional assets.
- This free chroma key software allows you to drag and drop as much video, imagery, and audio as you need.
- You can create YouTube, Facebook, Slideshow, and Instagram Promos.
❓ What is a Green Screen?
A green screen is a technique that involves adding visual effects or filming a person in front of solid color. It is mainly used by professionals to add special effects in videos or images. The green screen enables you to add a background of your choice behind actors.
🚀 Which are the Best Green Screen Software?
Here are some of the best Green screen software:
❗ Who Invented Green Screen?
With the invention of Chroma key technology in the 1930s, Larry Butler first used Blue screen traveling matte in the 1940s in a movie called The Thief of Baghdad which won him an Academy Award for special effects. After that time, filmmakers started to realize that Green color is more suitable than Blue as a background in Chroma key technology, and afterward, Green screens replaced Blue screens.
💻 What is a Green Screen Software?
Green Screen software is an application that is used to change the background of a video. This tool enables you to easily edit the video timeline and trim it as you like. Green screen software allows you to add the color of your choice in the video clip background. It also enables you to organize and share footage or media files with other people.
⚡ How does Green Screen Software work?
The green screen works as follows:
Step 1: It uses a process which is called as Chroma key.
Step 2: Removes a single color in a defined video region.
Step 3: The software utilizes a bright green or blue color to isolate the background.
Step 4: It selects the portion of the video based on the hue.
Step 5: Finally,it detaches the background so that you can easily add visual effects in your video clip.
🏅 Can you Green Screen without a Green Screen?
Yes. A green screen is the industry standard, but the color of the screen has no consequence. It could be blue, purple anything. You have to use brighter colors because they differ from the skin of humans and are not found in clothing.
👉 Do I need a special camera for the Green Screen?
No. You do not require any special camera for the green screen. However, it is good that you use HD or DV (Digital Video) camera before trying the green screen.
❗ Where do I get images or videos to replace the green background?
It depends on the creativity and ideas you have in mind. You can use videos and photos shot in advance, fragment, or stock materials. If you are going to use videos that are recorded by yourself, ensure that it has the same parameters. You can check video marketplaces for high quality footage.
💥 Why Green Screen is used for VFX?
Green screen is widely used in VFX because it does not match with the natural skin color tone or hair color. This results in no part of movie actors/actresses will be cut in the Chroma key. However, when there are Green costumes are in play, filmmakers have to replace the Green screen with a Blue screen.