Adobe Premiere is a video editing software that helps you to easily make changes in the video with ease. It enables you to export video in formats like AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved), MXF Material Exchange Format), and more.
However, Adobe Premiere has some limitations like it requires a high system resource to run it. Moreover, this tool is very expensive and has lots of elements that you need to know if you want to search it.
Here is a curated list of Top tools that are capable of replacing Adobe Premiere. The list contains both adobe premiere free alternatives and commercial(paid) softwares.
Best Adobe Premiere Alternatives for Video Editing: Free & Paid
|Vegas Pro||Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Movavi||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Avid Media Composer||14-Days Free Trial + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|Video Pro X||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
|PowerDirector||Free + Paid Plan||Learn More|
1) Vegas Pro
Vegas Pro is a software that has easy to use user interface to edit video. This tool automatically saves your work. It helps you to import video from a tablet, video camera, and smartphone.
- It provides hundreds of effects.
- You can remove whole sections of a video clip without hassle.
- It supports HDR (High Dynamic Range).
- You can edit a video of 8K.
- Sony Vegas Pro provides a drag and drop interface.
- This tool offers a nested timeline to speed up your workflow.
- Advance version of Sony Vegas Pro provides a lens correction plugin.
- You can make a slow-motion video.
Movavi is a user-friendly video editor that enables you to edit videos from mobile phones, and PC. Once you are done with the changes in the video, you can share it on YouTube.
- This program has the functionality to trim and split video.
- This tool supports 4K video format.
- It enables you to zoom video.
- Movavi supports all devices, including PC and mobile.
Avid Media Composer is a film editing application developed by Avid technology. It is one of the alternatives to adobe premiere that helps you to create high-quality videos without any hassle.
- Avid Media Composer enables you to edit video with ease.
- You can add effects to your clips.
- It can work with media formats like 8K, 16K, HDR (High Dynamic Range), etc.
- This software provides real time collaboration with your teammates.
4) Video Pro X
Video Pro X is a video editing software designed by MAGIX. This tool enables you to cut the video with one mouse click. It supports 8K ultra HD video.
- You can effortlessly split and trim the video.
- It allows you to reorder, delete, and copy the tracks.
- You can zoom the tracks.
- Video Pro X helps you to apply titles and transitions.
- You can import video from camera, DSLR, or smartphone.
- This app enables you to share video online.
PowerDirector is a video editing software developed by CyberLink. It allows you to ad customized shapes and objects in video. This tool supports motion graphics and animated titles.
- You can import 8K Videos.
- PowerDirector enables you to produce video in 1:1 output ratio.
- You can add shapes to your video.
- It provides numerous ready-made templates.
- This tool offers slow motion and fast motion effects.
- You can correct color distortion in a clip.
- It can stabilize shaky footage.
- You can import and edit video shot on camera.
Pinnaclesys is a video editing tool that has enhanced color grading features to improve video quality. It contains more than 2000 effects.
- You can edit video efficiently across tracks in 4K and HD format.
- It provides 360 video editing.
- This application enables you to split-screen video.
- You can edit videos captured from any video camera.
- It helps you to crop, rotate, edit, and zoom videos.
- Pinnaclesys can stabilize shaky videos.
VideoStudio Ultimate is a movie editing software made by Corel. It enables you to make changes in HD, 4K, or 360 clips with a multi-track timeline. It has more than 2000 customizable filters.
- It provides a color correction facility in the video.
- You can create a split video screen layout.
- VideoStudio Ultimate enables you to export video with a transparent background.
- You can drag and drop elements to create a clip.
- It enables you to enhance the camera video frame by frame.
- This app enables you to track the object and add moving text or graphics.
- Customization of the movement of shapes, titles, and graphics is possible.
MacXvideo is a video editing product built for Mac OS. It helps you to compress 4K, 5K, or 8K videos without any hassle. This tool allows you to share a clip with colleagues via Whatsapp, email, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- You can quickly apply effects to your video.
- It can shrink vide made with HFR (High Frame Rates).
- You can process clips from any source, including tablet, camera, camcorder, etc.
- Merge more than one video segment into a single file.
- MacXvideo enables you to crop or rotate video to fit the screen of any device.
- It supports HEVC (High-Efficiency Video Coding) and MP4.
- You can work on a multi-track video.
Nero Standard is a fully integrated video editing product. It allows you to cut and trim video clips effortlessly. This software allows you to preview video in HD quality.
- You can import, create, and edit videos from any device.
- It allows you to extract audio from video by just one mouse click.
- Nero can be used to create a movie for widescreen TV.
- You can quickly create a project with readymade effects.
- This tool enables you to share a movie with others in a flash.
- You can set transitions and fonts the way you like in the video.
Wevideo is a collaborative, web-based video editing platform that works in any browser. It helps you to change the background of the video.
- You can edit video from Chromebook, Windows, Mobile, and Mac.
- It enables you to develop high-quality videos with ease.
- This app provides unlimited cloud storage to make a video.
- You can add custom text, colors, emojis, etc. to videos.
Lumen5 is a video creation platform that helps you to create video content for advertisement, stories, posts, etc. You just have to enter a link to the article or blog post, and it will fetch the video automatically.
- You can know the length of each scene by the amount of text written in every segment.
- It supports ratio 16:9 and 1:1 or 9:16.
- The positioning of the text can be calculated based on the media file you have chosen.
- You can customize the video the way you like.
- It enables you to upload the logo in the video as a watermark.
- Lumen5 supports video formats 480p, 1080, and 720p.
Filmora is a simple video editor that offers drag and drop facility. It helps you to rotate, merge, trim, and flip videos with UI. This app has an intuitive user interface and tons of video effects.
- It supports 4K quality video editing.
- You can control the speed of the video.
- This tool helps you to import GIF files to video.
- Filmora provides frame by frame preview.
- You can sperate audio from video.
- It split the movie into many segments.
- This app can fix camera problems like camera shake and fisheye
VSDC is a video editor made by Flash-Integro. It is one of the alternatives to adobe premiere that is capable of producing high-quality footage, including UHD, 4K, 3D, etc. This app helps you to highlight or blur elements in your video.
- You can edit video in formats like AVI (Audio Video Integration), MP4, MPG (Moving Picture Group), and more.
- Create or make changes in the video captured from mobile phones, webcams, etc.
- You can upload videos directly to YouTube.
- VSDC allows you to convert one clip format to another.
- This software enables you to place objects in any position on the timeline, having any size.
14) HitFilm Express
HitFilm Express is a strong competitor of Adobe Premiere that enables you to easily edit video and add effects. It is an adobe premiere alternative freely available that helps you to trim, make changes in audio, and more.
- Combining 2D and 3D videos is very easy.
- It supports more than 410 effects.
- This tool can be used on Windows and Mac.
- HitFilm Express provides unlimited tracks to arrange video clips.
- It provides color correction and grading features.
- Contains a track panel to control 2D tracking inside HitFilm.
15) Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X is a professional video editing software published by Apple Inc. This adobe premiere alternative tool provides modern and simple UI to edit the video.
- You can make changes in AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved) FLV (Flash Video), etc. video format.
- It enables you to add a panning and zooming effect.
- You can adjust the white balance of your clip.
- Final Cut Pro X enables you to play multiple clips simultaneously.
- You can quickly eliminate the camera shake effect.
- The latest version of this software helps you to edit the animation of your text and titles.
- Change the background of the video effect.
- You can upload the video to YouTube and Facebook.
16) Apple iMovie
iMovie is a video editing tool for iOS and macOS. It is an adobe premiere pro alternative that allows you to choose dozens of styles to animate titles. You can change the speed of shoots.
- It provides 10+ creative video formats to add a cinematic touch.
- You can add finishing touch like a color correction to video.
- Imovie allows you to create 4K-resolution movies.
- It enables you to create movie trailers from easy to use templates.
Rocketium is a SaaS company that helps you to edit video with ease. It enables you to collaborate with your colleagues to build videos together. This adobe premiere alternative tool has a rich media library having more than 15 million items in their collection.
- Rocketium offers an API and SDK integration facility.
- It enables you to customize your video.
- This tool provides thousands of templates and plugins.
18) DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve is a video editing software for macOS, Linux, and Windows. You can use this tool to apply transformations, blend modes, color grades, and more in the video.
- It is an adobe premiere alternative freely available which has a dual timeline that lets you to edit clips quickly.
- You can instantly share your project with online services like YouTube and Vimeo.
- DaVinci Resolve enables you to create a timeline with different frame rates.
- It is an adobe premiere free alternative that enables you to collaborate remotely with other people.
OpenShot is an open-source video editor. It is an adobe premiere pro alternative which supports Linux, Mac, and Windows operating systems. This tool has a drag and drop feature.
- You can create as many layers as you want.
- Titles can have 3D animated effects.
- It enables you to move up, down, or locked track.
- You can resize, trim, and rotate clip.
- Openshot provides video transactions with real time previews.
- You can quickly adjust the font and color of your titles.
- This free adobe premiere alternative software helps you to split out an audio clip from the video.
Lightworks is a platform for editing any digital video in a wide range of formats, including 2K resolution, 4K resolution, and HD formats. It supports OS like Linux, Windows, Mac OS, etc.
- You can easily edit the video timeline and trim it.
- It enables you to export videos for YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- You can make 2D and 3D titles.
- Lightworks allows you to share a clip with other people and assign read or write access.
- You can easily customize the shortcuts.
- Lightworks supports English, German, Italian, and more languages.
- This tool provides a simple way to trim your video.
Kdenlive is an open-source video editing software. This free adobe premiere alternative enables you to edit multi-track. It helps you to configure shortcuts.
- You can rotate and zoom video.
- This adobe premiere pro alternative provides a wide range of themes.
- This tool automatically adjusts letter and line spacing in the title.
- You can add images to your video.
- Kdenlive automatically backup your work.
- It provides a timeline preview for smooth playback.
KineMaster is a video editing application designed for Android and iOS operating systems. It is one of the alternatives to adobe premiere which supports multiple layers of video, audio, texts, as well as effects.
- Clip layers can be trimmed expertly.
- It provides an instant preview of your video.
- You can filter videos using custom colors.
- Adjusting the speed of a video is possible.
- Extract and make changes in the audio track from the video.
- Supports multiple layers to edit the video.
23) Mixcord PicPlayPost
Mixcord PicPlayPost is a platform to edit video. It allows you to create videos up to 30-minutes. You can use this tool to trim, speed up, and slow down videos.
- This tool supports up to 9 video collages.
- You can share 1080p video with other people.
- It enables you to customize watermark on video.
- Mixcord PicPlayPost allows you to add more than one clip to the video.
Kinovea is a software to manage your video collection. It enables you to slow down or reverse video. It allows you to rotate, zoom, and more with ease.
- You can overlay more than one video.
- This tool helps you to synchronize video.
- Time series and other measurements can be exported in CSV (Comma separated Values) file.
Magisto is a cloud-based platform to create marketing and product-related videos. It supports wide ranges of video editing styles and sounds.
- This tool has artificial intelligence that analyzes your video clips.
- It supports iOS, Android operating systems.
- You can stabilize the camera shake.
- It has a collection of styles that helps users to determine the style of the movie.
❓ What is Adobe Premiere Pro?
Adobe Premiere is a video editing software which helps you to make changes in your video with ease. It allows you to export video in formats like AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved), MXF Material Exchange Format), and more.
🚀 Which are the Best Adobe Premiere Pro Alternatives?
Adobe Premiere is one of the most popular video editing software. However, Premiere Pro has some limitations like it requires a high system resource to run it. Below are some of the Best Adobe Premiere Pro Alternatives:
- Vegas Pro
- HitFilm Express
- Avid Media Composer
- Video Pro X
- Final Cut Pro X
- Apple iMovie
🏅 Which factors should you consider while selecting Adobe Premiere Alternatives?
You should consider the following factors before selecting Adobe Premiere Alternatives
- Compatibility with OS.
- License Cost, if applicable.
- Quality of Customer support.
- The cost involved in training employees on the tool.
- Hardware/Software requirements of the tool.
- Support and Update policy of the tool vendor.
- Reviews of the company.