Best 3 Software Testing Books for Tester in 2020
Almost all websites recommend an array of books and the readers are left confused deciding which one to buy. We want to eliminate this confusion and recommend the TOP 3 books, which in our experience every Tester must read.
Following books are available at 10-40% discount.
IBM Rational ClearQuest Tool Tutorial
What is ClearQuest?
- IBM ClearQuest is a Bug Tracking system
- It provides change tracking, process automation, reporting and life cycle tractability.
- It gives you better visibility and control of the software development lifecycle or any management process.
- It enables us to customize the tool to our process instead of adjusting our process to match the tool utilities.
- It is not just a change management tool. It also enables us to create tracking records and process workflow that better match our customer and business needs.
- It acts as an integration hub for software development tools.
- Some of the tools are ClearCase, ReqPro, Rational Team Concert, Rational Quality Manager, Rational DOORs, etc.
TCL TK Tutorial: Tool Command Language
TCL is shell application that reads TCL command from its standard input or from a file and gives desired results.
TCL is string based scripting language and also a procedural language. It was first created by John Osterhout in 1989. The purpose of developing this language is easy embedded inti ( ) applications. The language is commonly used for GUIs and testing. For instance, rapid prototyping, Testing database interaction, etc. In TCL by default everything is a string.
In this tutorial, you will learn-
- What is TCL
- How to Execute TCL
- TCL scripts
- TCL Substitution type
- TCL Variable
- TCL Expression and Operator
- TCL flow control and decision making
Understanding DOM in Selenium
Document Object Model or DOM
These standards help developers build a webpage without worrying about implementation details. Some of the organizations involved in standardizing these interfaces are likes of Mozilla, Apple, Microsoft, Google, Adobe etc. However, it is the W3C that formalizes a standard and publishes it – see here (http://www.w3.org/DOM/).
WebPagetest API Tutorial with Example
Before we learn more about webpagetest API, let's understand-
What is WebPagetest?
Webpagetest is one of the most popular and free tools for measuring webpage performance. Webpagetest enables you to run web performance tests on your site from a number of different locations across the world in a number of different browsers.