ISTQB Certification: Complete Exam Study Material with Mock Test
What is ISTQB?
ISTQB stands for "International Software Testing Qualifications Board." It offers internationally recognized certifications called "ISTQB Certified Tester."
Why should I take the certification? Is there any market value to the certification?
This is a very controversial topic and can be debated till death.
But here are a few pointers which might assist you in your decision.
- Foremost nothing beats EXPERIENCE. No certification can provide the exposure and training you get while working on real time projects. PERIOD!
- If you are a fresher, or are from a non-technical background and trying to get a job in the software industry, certification will HELP. Just think about it, as an employer, I do not have any other parameters to judge your technical caliber, so certification is a good start point.
- If you are an experienced professional and looking for a job change, a certification will embellish your resume. More so, no matter how rich your experience may be, there will always be some new area of QA that you will learn while studying for the certification. But do not think that you will get a JOB just based on the certification.
Top 100 QTP Interview Questions & Answers
This questionnaire is divided into Beginner and Advance questions. If you are proficient in QTP skip to Question # 50 here. Though, we recommend reading ALL questions, as it will prep you up for interview
1) Which environments are supported by QTP?
QTP supports the following environments
| || || |
To learn more about Add-ins and how to use them, watch this video tutorial.
Complete Guide to MySQL 5.6 Certification Guide
What is MySQL 5.6 Certification
The new release of MySQL 5.6 is designed for professionals involved in writing applications with the MySQL database server. The new version of MySQL is focused on increased speed, security, replication, and optimization.
Software Testing as a Career - Complete Guide
This guide will take you through the In's and outs of software testing. If you plan to make a career in software testing, this is a MUST READ!
What is Software Testing?
Software Testing is a process of verifying a computer system/program to decide whether it meets the specified requirements and produces the desired results. As a result, you identify bugs in software product/project.
Software Testing is indispensable to provide a quality product without any bug or issue.
Skills required to become a Software Tester
We will discuss the Technical and non Technical required to become a Software Tester
Following skills are essential to becoming a good software tester. Compare your skill set against the following checklist to determine whether Software Testing is a really for you-
Top 150 Software Testing Interview Questions & Answers
1. What is the MAIN benefit of designing tests early in the life cycle?
It helps prevent defects from being introduced into the code.
2. What is risk-based testing?
Risk-based Testing is the term used for an approach to creating a Test Strategy that is based on prioritizing tests by risk. The basis of the approach is a detailed risk analysis and prioritizing of risks by risk level. Tests to address each risk are then specified, starting with the highest risk first.
3. What is the KEY difference between preventative and reactive approaches to testing?
Preventative tests are designed early; reactive tests are designed after the software has been produced.
How PERL is used in Automation Testing
Perl is widely used in automation. It may not be the best programming languages in the world but its best suited for certain types of tasks. Let's discuss where & why Perl is used for Automation Testing
What is Storage? Data stored in Files.
Suppose, we have a Storage related Test Case where we have to write data on one partition, read it & verify that the data is written correctly.
This can be done manually, but can a manual tester perform the same 10000 times? It will be a nightmare! We need automation