Video editing software allows you to perform the post-production video editing of digital video on a non-linear system. It has replaced traditional celluloid film editing tools and analog video editing machines. There are numerous video editing tools that have common features like automated reformatting of your videos, browse through thousands of free video clips, cloud storage facilities, etc.
Following is a handpicked list of Top video editing software with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Top Video Editing Softwares for PC
Adobe Premiere is a video editing software which helps you to make changes in your video with ease. It allows you to export video in formats like AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved), MXF Material Exchange Format), and more.
- Automatically reformat your videos
- Helps you to manage curve adjustments
- Extend your editing platform
- Accelerate audio mixing
- Get immersive with all the tools you require to create and share stories
Filmora is a video making application having an intuitive user interface and tons of video effects. This tool has advanced editing modes and much greater control, including keyframing, over your video.
- This tool provides fast processing, proxy files, and adjustable preview quality, which help you be more productive.
- You can fix camera problems like camera shake and fisheye.
- It allows you to change the aesthetic of your video with one click.
- You can share your story online.
- Organize your media in 100 full video tracks.
- It has PC/Mac cross-compatibility.
Icecream Apps Video-editor is easy to use video editing software that can be used for Windows. This application enables you to quickly make changes in the video. It allows you to trim clips, add transactions, rotate, and more.
- You can add a title to any video scene
- It provides a single timeline to edit the video.
- Offers intituative GUI.
- You can add effects to videos.
- It allows you to crop video.
Media composer is a powerful free video editing software. This tool helps you to customize the interface for any production role. This video editing software gives you more power and speed.
- Get the standard for independent video editors
- Integrate workflows and collaborate as a team
- Customize the interface for any production role
PowerDirector is a video editing software developed by CyberLink. It allows you to ad customized shapes and objects in video. This tool supports motion graphics and animated titles.
- It allows you to import 8K videos.
- PowerDirector enables you to produce video in a 1:1 output ratio.
- You can add shapes to your video.
- It provides numerous ready-made templates.
- This tool offers slow motion and fast motion effects.
- You can correct color distortion in a clip.
- It can stabilize shaky footage.
- You can import and edit video shot on camera.
MacXvideo is a video editing product built for MacOS. It helps you to compress 4K, 5K, or 8K videos without any hassle. This tool allows you to share a clip with colleagues via WhatsApp, email, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- You can quickly apply effects to your video.
- It can shrink vide made with HFR (High Frame Rates).
- You can process clip from any source, including tablet, camera, camcorder, etc.
- Merge more than one video segment into a single file.
- MacXvideo enables you to crop or rotate video to fit the screen of any device.
- It supports HEVC (High-Efficiency Video Coding) and MP4.
- You can work on a multi-track video.
Wevideo is a collaborative, web-based video editing platform that works in any browser. It helps you to change the background of the video. It enables you to develop high-quality videos with ease.
- You can edit video from Chromebook, Windows, Mobile, and Mac.
- This app provides unlimited cloud storage to make a video.
- Helps you to bring your memories to life with stunning home movies
- Helps you to inspire meaningful learning and creative expression in any subject
- You can add custom text, colors, emojis, etc. to videos.
Camtasia Studio is a video editor that makes it simple to create professional-looking videos based on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.
- It is one of the best video editing software for beginners that enables you to record your screen and edit videos with ease
- This video making software helps you to streamline your video review process.
- Offers more than 900,000 royalty-free stock videos, music, and customizable assets.
- It offers eye-catching tiles, annotations, and callouts.
- This tool allows you to add zoom in, zoom out, and pan animation.
- You can add quiz questions and interactivity to measure learning video.
- Camtasia Studio enables you to record and import your presentations.
- Create images and videos to give feedback.
Wave is a video editing tool that allows you to create branded video content that helps you to build your audience.
- Create videos easily with the largest 300-million stock video and image library.
- Import your video clips, images, and music with a simple drag-and-drop.
- Allows you to add a log to your videos
- Change the aspect ratio of your video to 30+ popular sizes, optimized for every social platform.
InVideo helps you to transform your content into great videos. The tool allows you to convert your article or blog to an engaging video.
- 1500+ premium video templates.
- Convert your article to an engaging video
- It is one of the best video editing software for beginners which helps you to find and customize templates
- Enables you to create logo on existing launch
- Allows you to automated text to Speech
Offeo is online video maker tool. It allows anyone to design clips without any hassle. The program helps you to create impressive promos, social videos, and ads. It offers more than 500 sound libraries.
- This cloud-based application offers animation and colors.
- It offers an intuitive user interface.
- Animate your project in one mouse click.
- This application provides numerous templates to present your ideas.
- It allows you to select and shift multiple layers together.
Kapwing is a collaborative video editing platform for creating images, videos, and GIFs. The tool allows you to upload, edit, and share the file with a team.
- Collaborate in real time
- The right platform for every use case
- It works on every OS, on your phone and your computer.
Lumen5 is a video creation platform that helps you to create video content for advertisement, stories, posts, etc. You have to enter a link to the article or blog post, and it will fetch the video automatically. It allows you to upload the logo in the video as a watermark.
- You can know the length of each scene by the amount of text written in every segment.
- It supports ratio 16:9 and 1:1 or 9:16.
- The positioning of the text can be calculated based on the media file you have chosen.
- You can customize the video the way you like.
- Lumen5 supports video formats 480p, 1080, and 720p.
Hippo Video leverages your video assets to lift your marketing, sales, and email campaigns. It also helps you to automate personalized Video emails.
- Bridge communication gaps with videos
- Collect video testimonials, surveys, and feedback
- Drive video ROI with audience demographics
- Engage and convert your prospects to customers
Renderforest is a cloud-based video editing tool for creating intro videos for YouTube, explainer animations, etc. It is an online video and animation maker which allows you to work across various browsers.
- It is one of the best video editing software for professionals that allows you to create professional intros and outros for YouTube channel
- Explainer animations and presentations
- Time-efficient video editing solutions for your business
- This video making software helps you to create realistic mobile app videos and tutorials
- Upload your video files or use commercial videos
Premiere Rush is application that enables you to edit videos seamlessly. It enables you to easily add motion graphics to adjust audio, color, and more. This app helps you to edit titles in clips with less effort.
- Access your videos from 2 GB of cloud storage.
- You can easily change the speed of your video.
- Offers built-in templates.
- This app helps you to edit the video from a mobile or desktop PC.
Premiere-Elements is software that enables you to create, edit, manage and share video clips with ease. This application offers slideshows, collages, and effects that can be automatically applied to video. It enables you to fix lens directions and correct colors in minimal time.
- You can select a specific area or object with ease.
- It enables you to see all your effects in real time.
- Improve the video shot in low light.
- Enables you to adjust color in photo.
- You can freeze frames with motion titles.
Pinnacles Studio is a video editing tool that has enhanced color grading features to improve video quality. It contains more than 2000 effects.
- You can edit video efficiently across tracks in 4K and HD format.
- It provides 360 video editing.
- You can crop, rotate, edit, and zoom videos.
- This application enables you to split-screen video.
- You can edit videos captured from any video camera.
- It helps you to stabilize shaky videos.
VideoStudio Ultimate is a movie editing software made by Corel. It is one of the best video editing software for windows that enables you to make changes in HD, 4K, or 360 clips with a multi-track timeline. It has more than 2000 customizable filters. It also provides a feature for color correction.
- You can create a split video screen layout.
- VideoStudio enables you to export video with a transparent background.
- You can drag and drop elements to create a clip.
- It enables you to enhance the camera video frame by frame.
- This app enables you to track the object and add moving text or graphics.
- Customization of the movement of shapes, titles, and graphics is possible.
ACDSee is one of the oldest video editing software. It is expanded into image and video editing apps on various types of mobile platforms. The tool allows you to perform image manipulation, video, layered editing, etc.
- Import your footage, work with existing media, or generate your own.
- Arrange, edit, split, trim, and merge audio and video recordings, as well as still images.
- Helps you to convert, finalize, and render in a variety of formats and sizes
- ACDSee video converter 5 easily converts video files
Roxio is a utility software that helps you to clean up your hard. The tool helps you to convert video automatically in a preferred format.
- Convert video automatically into your desired format
- Capture streaming web videos from popular sites like YouTube
- Copy DVDs to digital files
- Capture video and audio
- Copy DVDs, audio CDs, and more
Blender is an open-source 3D creation suite that supports animation, motion tracking, video editing, 2D animation, etc. It is one of the top video editing software that allows you to customize the application using the blender's API for Python script.
- The user can change animation pose editor.
- The tool has the ability to rendering to multilayer OpenEXR files.
- The user can easily combine 2D images with 3D.
- This video making software provides animation support with onion skinning.
- Blender allows the user to customize window layout and shortcuts.
23) Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro x helps you to accelerate graphics tasks like rendering, real-time effects dramatically and exporting. It is one of the best video editing software for MAC that allows you to use gift cards for Apple's digital content and subscriptions.
- Automatically sync up to 64 angles of video using various formats
- Final Cut Pro includes an intuitive, comprehensive set of tools for closed captioning in a variety of formats
- Dramatically accelerates graphics tasks like rendering real-time effects and exporting.
- Final Cut Pro helps you to accelerate post-production work
- Add 2D and 3D titles to your 360° video and apply blurs, glows, and other 360° effects.
- Optimized for the all-new Mac Pro
- Accelerates post-production work
Moovly's drag-and-drop video editing tool. It allows you to create engaging videos using a library of over a million free media objects.
- Automated video generation.
- Content import /export.
- Customizable Branding and Video templates.
- Drag & Drop Interface. Enterprise integration. HTML5 Technology.
- Personal and group media libraries. Screen recording.
- You can easily create templates.
- This video making software provides a text-to-speech facility.
IMovie is a video editing tool for iOS and macOS. It allows you to select dozens of styles to animate titles. You can change the speed of shoots.
- You can add finishing touch like a color correction to video.
- It allows you to start editing on an iPhone or iPad, then finishes on your Mac.
- Built-in music, sound effects, and voiceover recording
- iMovie is one of the best video editing software for MAC that helps you to create 4K-resolution movies.
- This easy video editing software enables you to create movie trailers from easy to use templates.
Clipchamp offers free video editor, compressor, converter, and webcam recorder to create videos. It is one of the best free video editing software which allows you to trim, cut, speed control, titles, filters your videos.
- Create and edit videos for PC or Mac, laptop or desktop
- Combine your content with professional assets.
- It allows you to drag and drop as much video, imagery, and audio as you need.
- You can create, YouTube, Facebook, Slideshow and Instagram Promos
Rocketium is a part of the SaaS package that helps you to edit video with ease. It enables you to collaborate with your colleagues to build videos together. This tool has a rich media library having more than 15 million items in their collection.
- Rocketium offers an API and SDK integration facility.
- This video editing software for beginners enables you to customize your videos
- This easy video editing software provides thousands of customizable templates and Adobe plugin
- You can get more website conversion with listing videos
- This tool offers thousands of video templates and plugins.
Wideo is an online video creation and editing software that enables users to create, edit, and share online videos. This free online video editor platform helps individuals to create tutorial videos, video e-cards, animated presentations, etc.
- Create marketing videos easily
- Share and download your videos in MP4 format
- Browse through thousands of free video clips from our built-in library.
- Wideo helps you to create slideshow presentations with unique designs.
Wistia is a software to help you present attractive video experiences on your site. It presented and promoted with the help of the community.
- Create an engaging, TV-quality experience
- Stop your viewers from getting distracted
- Send email notifications for new videos and use viewer data to create custom audiences
- Send email notifications for new videos and use viewer data to and helps to create custom audiences.
30) DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve is an easy video editing software for macOS, Linux, and Windows. You can use this tool to apply transformations, blend modes, color grades, and more in the video.
- It has a dual timeline that lets you edit clips quickly.
- You can instantly share your project with online services like YouTube and Vimeo.
- DaVinci Resolve enables you to create a timeline with different frame rates.
- It is one of the best free video editing software for MAC which enables you to collaborate remotely with other people.
Fxhome is a video editing and recording tool. It enables you to edit the video and add effects. It is one of the best video editing software for Windows that helps you to trim, make changes in audio, and more.
- Combining 2D and 3D videos is very easy.
- It supports more than 410 effects.
- This tool can be used on Windows and Mac.
- HitFilm Express provides unlimited tracks to arrange video clips.
- This free video editing software for PC provides color correction and grading features.
- It contains a track panel to control 2D tracking inside HitFilm.
Magisto is a cloud-based platform to create marketing and product-related videos. It supports wide ranges of video editing styles and sounds.
- This free video editing software for PC provides support for artificial intelligence that analyzes your video clips.
- It supports iOS, Android operating systems.
- You can stabilize the camera shake.
- This auto video editor has a collection of styles that helps users to determine the style of the movie.
Simpleshow has created explainer videos for corporate customers for years. This video editing tool empowers anyone to make professional videos.
- Preview your video and make changes instantly
- Build a crowdfunding video for your business
- You can use it for corporate communication.
- Inform your audience or promote a subject or storylines
- Publish and share your video along with your audience
- Preview your video and make changes
- Upload your recording and allows you to synchronize your voice with the story.
Lightworks is a platform for editing any digital video in a wide range of formats, including 2K resolution, 4K resolution, and HD formats. It is one of the top video editing software for PC which supports OS like Linux, Windows, Mac OS, etc.
- You can easily edit the video timeline and trim it.
- This easy video editing software enables you to export videos for YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- You can make 2D and 3D titles.
- Lightworks allows you to share a clip with other people and assign read or write access.
- You can easily customize the shortcuts.
- Lightworks supports English, German, Italian, and more languages.
- This tool provides a simple way to trim your video.
35) Media site
Mediasite offers video capture, management, and streaming solutions to even the playing field for learning worldwide. It is one of the best video editing software for PC which offers a range of tools that every video editor needs to create compelling stories.
- Mobile-friendly management portal
- Curate, watch and interact with videos
- Ability to download a caption file to improve the accessibility of videos.
Nero Standard is a fully integrated video editing product. It is one of the best video editing software for windows which allows you to cut and trim video clips effortlessly. This software allows you to preview video in HD quality.
- You can import, create, and edit videos from any device.
- It allows you to extract audio from video by just one mouse click.
- Nero can be used to create a movie for widescreen TV.
- You can quickly create a project with readymade effects.
- This tool enables you to share a movie with others in a flash.
- You can set transitions and fonts the way you like in the video.
Panopto is a video platform built for organizations. It is the easiest way to record, live stream, manage, and share videos across your organization.
- Video collaboration software
- Support for video platform for distance learning
- Offers video for corporate communications
- It allows you to Integrate with your LMS, web portals, and more.
- Interact inside your course videos
MediaSilo, a video editing tool, helps storytellers everywhere to collaborate and present in a way that works best for them. It is one of the best video editing software for PC that handles encoding and playback, review & approval, and media management.
- Combining enterprise-level security and on-demand watermarking with elegant usability.
- Empowering storytellers to make more video, better.
- Forensic, visible, overlay or DRM are the most common forms of watermarking
- It offers simple and secure sharing.
Promo is a video editing and recording software that allows you to customize more than 2,500 best video templates.
- Allows you to promote a vision, a product, a business, a sale, an idea, an event, a blog post
- Get all the videos you need to succeed online
- Provide all of the creative assets and tools needed to promote effectively
- Helps users to create loads of visual content and unlimited videos
❓ What is the best video editing software for beginners?
Following are some of the best video editing softwares for beginners:
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- PowerDirector Ultra
- Final Cut Pro X
- Pinnacle Studio
- VideoStudio Pro
💻 Is free video editing software good enough?
Yes, free video editing software is good enough for beginners for learning purpose. These free video editing softwares provide so many features that are mostly enough for general purpose video editing tasks. However, if you need more advanced features and components, you may need to purchase a paid video editing software which provides a huge number of features.
❗ What video editor do most YouTubers use?
Most YouTubers use following video editors:
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Final Cut Pro X
⚡ Which factors should you consider while selecting top video editing software?
You should consider the following factors while selecting the best video editing software:
- Easy to learn
- User interface
- Video formats supported for import and export
- Features and components offered for Video editing
- Additional special effects and filters
- Audio effects
- Hardware requirements
- Customer support