A transactional email or triggered Email is an email sent to a recipient after a specific action. Common types of transactional emails include account creation notifications, password resets, purchase receipts, confirmation emails, welcome emails, and other account notifications. This kind of Email differs from marketing emails, which are typically sent to sell certain products or features.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Transactional email services with popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best Transactional Email Service
|Elastic Email||Yes||Joomla, Zapier, Drupal, Sender, Cloudways.||Learn More|
|Sendinblue||Yes||Easy integrations with C#, Go, Java, Node JS, PHP, Python, Ruby, Typescript-node.||Learn More|
|MailGun||Yes||Easy Integration with Magento, Cs.cart, Amz Promoter, etc.||Learn More|
|MailerSend||Yes||WooCommerce, Opencart, Prestashop, X-cart, Drupal, Lander, WordPress.||Learn More|
Elastic Email is one of the best transactional email providers for email marketing. This tool helps you by automatically avoiding duplicate addresses. It has an advanced algorithm that allows you to find invalid emails.
- It allows you to schedule numerous campaigns with various settings according to send time, scheduling, and more.
- Allows you to manage product and customers easily.
- Get instant notifications of important email events.
- This is one of the best transactional email service offers inbound Email processing
- You can scale to more than 100 million emails per month.
- Send emails directly from your application by reliable SMTP service.
- You can create lists and manage them through the dashboard or API.
- Implement SMS communication into your strategy.
- Provides mass emails that look unique for every single recipient.
- Helps you to connect via HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) API.
Pricing plans: Two pricing plans
- Email API $10 (1000 emails)
- Email API Pro Premium $12/ per month (1000 emails).
Sendinblue is a SaaS solution for email marketing automation. This transactional email service helps you to manage your customer using your current CRM. You can use this tool to set up the design, engagement, and delivery of transactional messages.
- You can launch a Facebook directly from the Sendinblue account.
- It is one of the best transactional email services, which helps you to build your custom landing pages.
- This tool helps you to automate your marketing messages.
- Help you to keep your teams organized with a shared inbox
- Allows you to communicate more directly with customers for urgent messages or time-sensitive offers.
- This transactional email service provides detailed statistics of your mails.
- Build stronger relationships by keeping track of all your contact list.
- Sendinblue provides numerous plugins to connect with popular CMS like WordPress and Magento.
Pricing plans: Three pricing plans
- Lite $25 (10000 emails)
- Premium $65/ per month (100000 emails)
- Enterprise (Ask for custom requirements).
MailGun is a global email service provider that enables you to track transactional and marketing emails via SMTP, API, etc. It allows you to create responsive emails using email builders.
- You can integrate it with any server configuration easily.
- It helps you to convert your company’s email data into segments.
- Allows you to personalize your Transactional Messages
- Helps you to track Email events in Real Time
- Helps you to effortlessly create Email templates
- You can get all the information you need from the comprehensive documentation.
- This tool provides analytics to monitor your results and optimize performance.
Pricing plans: Three pricing plans
- $35/month(50,000 Emails Incuded)
- $80/month(100,000 Emails Incuded)
- $90/month(100,000 Emails Incuded)
MailerSend is a comprehensive tool that allows you to send invoices, delivery updates, forgotten password links. It also offers a drag & drops email template to create professional-looking transactional emails.
- Provides a wide range of real-time analytics
- Advance user management system
- Integrate quickly with API documentation
- Build personalized relationships at scale
- Offers wide ranges of predesigned email templates
Pricing plans: One pricing plan
- Basic Free (12,000 emails)
- Premium $25/per month (50,000 emails)
Mass mail software application that enables you to automatically send emails.
It helps you to solve mail marketing tasks like searching messages, lists management, and monitoring result.
- It provides easy to use message editor.
- Offers built-in templates.
- This application gives you easy to read mail statistics.
- You can verify email with ease.
- Supports unlimited email lists.
- 20% OFF on any software with the promo code AFFMAY Expiry May 31st, 2021
Mail Marketer is application that enables you to send bulk emails with ease. This program can automate your follow-up tasks depend on your events. It offers real-time reports which contain details of mail open frequency, number of click, bounce rate, etc.
- Allows you to track and analyze your emails.
- Offers built-in email templates.
- This bulk mail service includes email spam checker.
- Provides Google Analytics integration.
- Enables you to import contacts in bulk.
SMTPProvider is an email management and delivery software. It offers marketing emails, transactional emails, and individual emailing. This tool allows you to view the delivery report with ease.
- You can easily discover the number of messages you have sent.
- Dedicated IP addresses
- The SMTP servers send your emails using a secure SSL connection.
- Allows you to send the delivery error reports.
- It offers security through a secure SSL connection.
Pricing Plans: Three pricing plans
- Unlimited P1 ($400 per month)
- Unlimited P2 ($700 per month)
- Unlimited P3 ($1000/per month)
The GreenArrow Engine provides an infrastructure that helps sending email for maximum delivery, throughput, and reporting. It allows you to target subscribers in your Mailing lists who match a set of requirements.
- This free SMTP relay service offers high-performance delivery
- Provides insights that increase deliverability.
- Allows flexibility to make your integration goals possible.
- You can select On-Premises or Cloud
- Deliverability optimized emails
- Provides technology that scales to grow your business.
Pricing Plans: Two pricing plans:
- $600 (Standard), $800 (Pro)
- $1,000 (Enterprise)
SendPulse is one of the best transactional email service provider that enables you to send messages through SMTP API. It helps you to easily improve your mail marketing ROI and performance. This tool offers a dedicated IP address that prevents your IP from being blacklisted.
- This software allows you to send transactional emails to subscribers from your website
- It helps you to measure email metrics regularly to improve your email marketing performance and ROI.
- It is one of the best transactional email services that provides mail click-through rates, inbox placement, spam complaints, and more.
- It offers a dedicated IP address which contributes to a better sender reputation and prevents your IP from being blacklisted.
- Email effectiveness reports
- It prevents your emails from landing in the spam folder.
- Provides detailed reports to improve your mail marketing efforts.
Pricing plans: Three pricing plans:
- Basic Free (12000 emails)
- Pro $59.88/ per month (100000 emails)
- Enterprise $219.88/per month (500000).
GetResponse is all in one online email marketing software for landing page creation, webinars hosting, and much more. It is a powerful and simplified tool to send emails, create pages, and automate your Email marketing. This transactional email service offers many features that are mostly expected from an email marketing service provider. It also provides features that allow you to engage with your contacts through live Webinars.
- Track every Email and action
- Get every notification for each event.
- Helps you to store all your emails, all in one place
- You can directly connect to phone, email, live chat, and Slack
- It helps you to grow your audience effectively
- Mobile-responsive email designs
- Offers scalable solution and affordable plans
- It is one of the best transactional email service which allows you to track every email and action.
- Helps you convert store visitors into returning customers.
- Automated blog sends
SMTP is email delivery service provider that uses big data to safeguard your domain and IP. It allows you to send bulk mail through the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol. This software can monitor your Internet Service Providers and IP address to optimize your mail address.
- You can customize mail delivery.
- Provides technical support for setting up APIs.
- It offers API that helps SMTP service to communicate with app or website.
- You can use this service for sending mails for account creation, password resetting, account activation, and more.
- Provides technical support for setting up APIs.
Pricing plans: Four pricing plans
- Essential $25 (50,000 emails)
- Starter $80 (100,000 emails)
- Growth $300 (500,000 emails)
- Business $500 (1,000,000 emails)
Mailify is a transactional email service provider that helps you to build a winning marketing strategy with the best email marketing solution. It helps you to create email and SMS campaigns, landing pages, automatic workflows, and more.
- Helps you deliver your transactional emails easily
- Offers quick integration with your system
- Provides mass-mailing with monitoring & reporting
- Optimal deliverability guaranteed
- Helps you deliver your transactional emails easily
Sendgrid is an email marketing tool that provides workflows and automation facilities to send transactional emails. You can send your automated mail just using a simple trigger. It helps you to create Email using HTML and drag-and-drop editing facilities.
- You can manage scheduling, recipients, testing, and content from one platform.
- It provides actionable real-time analytics.
- This software enables you to collaborate with other people.
- You can add contacts via CSV (Comma-Separated Values) file.
- It enables you to send emails securely using custom domains and dedicated IPs.
Mandrill is a transactional email API specifically developed for Mailchimp users. You can use it to send data-driven emails, including personalized and e-commerce messages. It helps you to write your own custom solution using API. This tool automatically converts HTML into a text version.
- You can send mail from more than one domain with a single Mandrill account.
- It allows you to add one or more dedicated IP addresses.
- This tool provides customized email tracking options.
- Helps you to send personalized transactional emails that easily reach to the inbox
- Allows you to inform multiple subscribers about their account creation.
- Helps you establish a relationship with a new subscriber easily.
- Allows you to customize your analytics with pre-built dashboards
- Sperate Sending and Receiving Options
- It automatically tags emails depend on the sender and template.
- Allows you to use custom tagging, white-labeling, conditional content, and more.
- Offers inbound email routing
- You can generate reports based on multiple criteria.
- Mandrill enables you to send Email with CSS and HTML
15) Amazon Simple Email Service
Amazon SES is a cloud-based email sending service designed to send bulk emails. You can integrate it directly into your existing applications. It enables you to keep customers updated by sending automated transactional emails from this tool.
- You can send a highly personalized message to the customer.
- It enables you to monitor the number of sent and delivered messages.
- This tool has a dashboard that helps you to track issues that can impact your email delivery.
- Send immediate, trigger-based communications from your application to customers
- Send bulk communications, including notifications and announcements, to large communities
- You can accept or reject mail depending on the IP address, domain, or email address of the receiver.
- Provides various methods of sending emails, including SMTP, console, and SES API.
- You can integrate this tool with other AWS services, including AWS IAM.
Postmark is a tool that helps you to deliver and track transactional emails. This tool provides 45 days of full content history and statistics. You can get a detailed report for mail open and clicks.
- It provides API for sending emails.
- This tool delivers emails using SMTP.
- It offers notifications about essential messages and events.
- Offers responsive and compatible email templates.
- It helps you to integrate user email replies into your application.
- It uses two-factor authentication (2FA) for better security of data.
- Simple responsive email templates for sending welcome emails
- Allows you to keep track of bounced emails through the web dashboard,
Customer.io helps you to send targeted one-to-one messages broadcast to a group of people. You can send personalized transactional messages to each individual user. It offers the flexibility to apply your existing layouts and styles.
- Flexible data integrations
- Comprehensive segmentation
- Workflow automation
- Metrics and optimization
- You can use merge customer profile data and event data directly into your editor.
SparkPost is a predictive email intelligence platform. It helps you to optimize email performance with unprecedented data visibility. You can use this tool to monitor Email and manage the response easily.
- It provides an SMTP cloud server that is used for email sending.
- Provides user invites and sharing
- This app contains one dashboard that gives you detailed logs and statistics related to your email activity.
- It provides support via telephone and Skype.
- Sparkpost provides unlimited bandwidth.
19) SMTP Transactional Emails
SMTP platform provides transactional emails for your email marketing needs like account creation emails, payment or purchase confirmation emails and notification emails with a fast and reliable delivery. Transactional emails can be sent in a form of confirmation, notification, warning and acknowledgment.
- Offers Shopping event notifications
- Allows you to send follow up emails in sync with web or mobile notifications.
- Offers flexible integration
- In-product activity emails
- SSL encrypted support for DKIM and SPF
- SMTP retains detailed reporting data for 90-days by default
- You can send product usage updates and create a constant stream of communication
- Delivers account-related notifications and onboard customers
❓ What is Transactional Email?
A transactional email or triggered Email is an email sent to a recipient after a specific action. Common types of transactional emails include account creation notifications, password resets, purchase receipts, confirmation emails, welcome emails, and other account notifications.
✅ Which are the Best Transactional Email Service?
Here are some of the Best Transactional Email Service:
- Elastic Email
- Mass mail software
- Mail Marketer
⚡ How transactional Emails work?
Transactional emails are most commonly generated by e-commerce or other software applications called an email API to create and send messages. Sophisticated product teams typically configure their product or application to trigger an email API after the user has performed a certain action. Thus, messages are sent instantaneously and delivered straight to the user’s inbox at the transaction moment.
One of the fundamental components of executing successful transactional emails is the principle of immediate delivery. These types of messages often fulfill the expectations of a user after they have engaged with a business feature. Ensuring top-notch email deliverability is critical to the success of transactional messages. Understanding the functionality of transactional email can open doors of opportunity for product and customer experience programs.
🏅 What is Email API Service?
An Email API gives applications access to the functionality available in an email platform, like generating and sending transactional emails, manipulating templates, and accessing email metrics.
🚀 Why use Transactional Email Software?
Here are some important reasons for using transactional Email Software:
- It helps you to boost Customer Engagement
- Helps you to increase additional Sales
- It gives a powerful opportunity to make a long lasting Brand impression on your customers.
- It helps in basic account administration like password reset, order confirmation, payment notification,etc.
❗ What is the Can-Spam Act?
The CAN-SPAM Act is a cyber law that sets the rules for commercial emails that give recipients the right to stop emailing them and spells out tough penalties for violations.
However, it does not only apply to bulk Email but also includes commercial messages, which the law defines as “any email message”. The primary purpose is regulate the commercial advertisement or promotion of a commercial product or service.
It also includes Email, which promotes content on commercial websites. The law makes no exception for B2B Emails. For example, a message to former customers announcing new service or product lines must comply with the law.
⚡ What is Send Time Optimization?
Send Time Optimization is a method that uses data science to determine when your contacts are likely to engage and send your email marketing message at that time.
Here are important things that you should know before starting this process:
- Based on your plan, you may not have access to Send Time Optimization. First, you should know what features are included with your plan.
- For example, you can use Send Time Optimization on Mailchimp’s regular, plain-text, A/B testing, and multivariate email types. However, this feature is not available in automated emails.
- You should use this method only when five hours left in the day in the time zone set for the account.
👉 What is Stale addresses?
Stale addresses are the old or invalid emails that haven’t been sent messages in a long time. Audiences having many stale addresses may lead to high rates of bounces, spam complaints, and unsubscribes.
Therefore, it is advisable to delete or reconfirm stale email addresses. A cleaner email audience list helps to improve your deliverability and engagement with the subscribers who want to hear from you.
❓ What is email deliverability, and why is it important?
Email deliverability is the ability to deliver emails to subscribers’ inboxes. It is important because some email marketers gauge their email campaigns’ likelihood of reaching their subscribers’ inboxes.
For example, if you send 100 emails and 50 of those emails do not reach to subscribers’ inbox due to IP reputation, catch all, stale emails, high bounces, etc. reasons, so your open rate is already down by 50%.
Email deliverability can be determined by the email delivery parameters like ISPs, throttling, bounces, spam issues, and bulking.
⚡ How to select a transactional email service provider?
Here is the top selection criteria to check how to select an email provider:
- Reputation: Your business email service provider should have a good reputation. A business email address is one of the first aspects that your clients see.
- Security: You should look for strong security measures while choosing a business email provider. It helps you to keep your message safe and protects you from unauthorized access to an email account.
- Integration: Some email services work fine with other business software, like productivity suites and calendars. If your small business depends on such tools, you should go for the email package that integrates with them.
- Reliability: Your business email service provider should be running continuously and anytime you need it. The downtime of Email service can result in unhappy or lost customers.
- Ease of Use: If you need to create and use email account for your staff as your business grows. You have to look for a business email service provider, which is easy to use, which reduces staff training time.
- Advanced Features: It should provide advanced features like the ability to schedule tasks or recall messages depending on your unique business need.
🚀 What are SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records?
- SPF (Sender Policy Framework) is a protocol for validating email, which is designed to find and block email spoofing.
- DKIM (Domain Keys Identified Mail) is a method for authenticating email. It enables a receiver to know that the email was sent and authorized by the domain author.
- DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance) is a protocol for email authentication. It is specifically designed to give email owners the ability to safeguard their domain from unauthorized use.
- It is important to set SPF, DKIM, and DMARC for your email accounts to avoid spoofing and spam.
🏅 How can you achieve a subject line that is spam-free?
You can achieve a subject line that is spam free by considering the following points:
- Avoid overused words.
- Include localization and personalization when possible. For example, first name, city, etc.
- Write a short subject line below 50 characters.
- Avoid exclamation marks, all caps, and other special characters like @, #, and %.
❓ What is a good way to structure a professional email signature?
Your email structure includes the basic elements like first and last name, title, email address, phone number, company, and a link to your website.
👉 What is IMAP, POP3, SMTP?
IMAP: IMAP or Internet Message Access Protocol is a mail protocol that is used to access email on the web server from the local PC. It stores messages on a server and synchronizes the mails across multiple devices.
POP3: POP3 or Post Office Protocol version 3 is a mail protocol used to receive emails from the server to the local email client. It downloads mail messages on your computer and deletes them from the server.
SMTP: SMTP or Simple Mail Transfer Protocol is an application to send messages to the mail server for relaying.
When you send emails, the webserver processes your mails and decides which server to send messages. The mail service provider downloads the mails and places them in the inbox of the recipient.