The stock market offers a variety of investment and trading opportunities for everyone. From business owners to investors to entrepreneurs and more, all want to trade in the market to make maximum profit. However, staying up to date with the happenings of the stock market isn’t easy. That’s where trading apps come into play.
Mobile trading apps provide excellent push notifications, research reports, charts analysis, perfect, high-speed trading, technical and fundamental equity reports, etc. Let’s help you decide on the best investment app in India.
They support trades in stocks, mutual funds, currencies, and many more.
Best Trading Apps in India
|ICICI Direct||Rs. 25 per order||Android and IOS||English, Hindi, Marathi, Punjabi, Telugu||Learn More|
|Edelweiss Mobile trader app||Rs. 10 per Trade||Android and IOS||English||Learn More|
|Upstox||20 Rupees per order/ 2.25%||Android and IOS||English and Hindi||Learn More|
|Zerodha||Rs. 20 per order/ 0.03%||Android and IOS||English, Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Punjabi, and many more||Learn More|
|IIFL markets||Rs. 20 per Trade||Android and IOS||English||Learn More|
|Angel Broking||20 or 0.25% per executed order||Android and IOS||English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujrati, and many more||Learn More|
|Groww app||Rs. 20 per order/ 0.05%||Android and IOS||English||Learn More|
|Sharekhan||0.50%||Android and IOS||English||Learn More|
|FYERS markets||Rs. 20 per order||Android and IOS||English||Learn More|
|Axis direct app||Rs. 10 per order/0.50%||Android and IOS||English, Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi, Tamil||Learn More|
|Motilal Oswal trading app||0.50%||Android and IOS||English, Hindi||Learn More|
1) ICICI Direct
Reason chosen: It has a variety of charts and other technical indicators, and it also provides heat maps to visualize complex data quickly.
ICICI direct is one of the best trading apps in India that provides multiple features such as charting & reporting, grid view, top gainers & losers, etc. They have made investing in existing and new fund offers (NFO) completely hassle-free. They are impaneled with 37 AMCs.
Their research-backed products and recommendations enable you to make an informed investment decision. It gives you the freedom to trade all kinds of investment instruments. ICICI Bank customers may get additional benefits by using ICICI Direct.
- Wide range of customization options for the market watch.
- Variety of technical indicators and charts.
- Heat maps to visualize complex data easily
- Simple and practical technical analysis
- It also allows you to have multiple watchlists, but you can add up to 50 stocks to a watchlist.
- Instant paperless online account opening.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|You can trade different investment instruments.||Call & Trade is available at an additional cost of Rs 20 per call.|
|Multiple charts are integrated with the real-time market. You can read charts, analyze, and trade them directly.|
|Customize themes and UI to meet your needs and requirements.|
|It has technical indicators such as Bollinger bands, RSI, and many more.|
Price: Rs.20 for every equity intraday trade, 0.05% for equity futures, Rs 95 per a lot of Equity Options, and Rs 20 per currency orders
Reason chosen: It supports multiple technical charting and allows you to make a customized watchlist, manage IPOs, and more with 23+ data-rich reports.
Edelweiss Broking Ltd is a Mumbai-based company providing financial services, broking services, and investment advisories to more than 5 lakh clients. Their experienced employees, excellent tools, customizable reports, reliable services, and many more features make it the best trading app in India.
Edelweiss mobile trading app has a significant presence in retail mutual funds and stock market trading.
- It allows you to make a customized watchlist to track 100 stocks.
- Supports multiple technical charting, 80+ technical indicators, and drawing tools.
- Supports mutual fund investments directly as well as regular plans.
- Dedicated IPO section displays all upcoming IPOs.
- Access to 23+ reports, including transactions, P&L statements, etc.
- Research team provides research recommendations across equity, currency, derivatives, and many more.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Free research, stock tips, and recommendations.||A bit pricy compared to other services.|
|Online IPO investment||Add-on services may not be good enough.|
|High leverage facilities across cash, F&O, and CDS segments.|
|Relationship managers and add-on services like PMS are available.|
Price: Rs. 10 per Trade of intraday, options, and futures
Reason Chosen: Upstox is a trusted trading solution that provides price alerts and extensive charts/analytics.
Upstox, earlier known as RKSV securities, is a leading discount broker in India. Based near Mumbai, Upstox is one of the most popular intraday trading apps. Prominent investors like Mr. Ratan Tata back them.
Upstox allows users to monitor their performance with price alerts and many other tools. Furthermore, Upstox provides quick and helpful news updates relevant to your investments.
Upstox provides multiple stock trading options with an easy-to-use interface. You can trade in stocks, mutual funds, digital gold, etc. It offers extensive charts to help you.
- Speediest buying and selling execution.
- Excellent accessibility and very easy to use.
- Live-data streaming features and news updates.
- Supports fast trading executions
- Minimal trading charges on transactions.
- An unlimited number of price alerts.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Universal search tool to find all stocks.||Lacks recommendations/reviews for IPOs and FPOs trading|
|Apply 100+ technical indicators on charts|
|Supports limiting aftermarket orders|
|No Demat account maintenance charges|
Price: Rs 20/2.5% for Equity Intraday, Equity, Equity Futures, Currency Futures, and Commodity Futures (whichever is lower).
Reason chosen: It’s an easy-to-use stock market app that provides excellent analytics in charts and executes trades quickly.
Zerodha was the first-ever discount broker in India. It went on to become the number 1 mobile trading platform in India. The app showcases only the most valuable and relevant information for you.
Their excellent features allow you to filter out and shortlist the stocks for potential investments. Analyzing performance and making better decisions are more accessible with data-rich charts and analytics.
Another reason why Zerodha is the best share market app in India is its tech-first approach and heavy discounts offered. More overall, the investments at Zerodha are mostly brokerage free. Customers love that they are charged 0 brokerage fees for assets held for longer than one day.
- Easy to use mobile trading apps
- Gives you access to level 3 data or 20 market depth.
- Fastest, most reliable, and best stock market apps in India.
- Supports multiple data-rich widgets
- Advanced filter options to shortlist favorite stocks
- Charts with over 100 indicators for analyzing performance.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Speed of executing trades is excellent.||No trading in mutual funds.|
|Top-notch security measures.||Account opening process is slow|
|Create limits orders to execute trades at desired prices|
|Zerodha App consumes lesser data to process transactions|
Price: Free charges on equity delivery and Rs 20 or 0.03% per Trade for intraday and F&0.
5) IIFL Markets
Reason chosen: IIFL Markers app is packed with genius tools for technical analysis, price alerts, and excellent customer support via WhatsApp.
India Infoline (IIFL) is a very reputed full-service stockbroker in India who has been in the brokerage business since 1995. Anyone looking for something more like research and recommendations can consider IIFL.
IIFL Markets app is one of the best online trading platforms in India. It’s a beautiful stock market app that offers personalized service to each one of its clients. IIFL “Buzz” provides customers with the latest market updates and critical information about their investments.
But, the IIFL Markets app is worth it for newcomers. That’s because it’s the best trading app in India for fast and easy customer support. They have excellent customer support available on call, WhatsApp, email, and many more.
- Different support channels like call, intelligent Chatbot, WhatsApp, etc.
- Trade inequities, F&O, currencies, and commodities.
- Free research reports of 500 top listed companies in BSE/NSE.
- Options chain feature provides analytics and insights to make better decisions in futures and options trading
- It has price alerts and notification settings.
- Create up to three watchlists with 50 stocks each.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Simple UI makes it a pleasure to use for all people||It doesn’t offer direct mutual funds|
|Smart tools for stock trading and technical analysis.||Marginally higher brokerage charges compared to other discount brokers.|
|Stay up to date with the latest developments and updates on live markets.|
|Useful and easy-to-understand data and analytics.|
Price: Rs. 20 per executed order for intraday, F&0, currencies, commodities, and 0 brokerages on equity delivery.
6) Angel Broking
Reason chosen: Customers choose Angel broking due to its zero brokerage fees, and their readymade portfolios are a blessing for newcomers.
Angel broking app brings excellent time-saving features for investors/business people making it one of the best trading apps in India. The app is packed with unique features such as an excellent user interface, readymade portfolios, and many more that make your stock market trading experience smoother.
Angel broking has been in the broking industry for more than 30+ years. They offer various services to their customers like brokerage, insurance, mutual funds, etc.
Angel broking app has slashed the charges following the discount brokerage model.
- There’s no fee for funds transfer
- Analyze the market with the help of research done by experts
- Helps build a low-cost yet high-quality portfolio with the help of small cases.
- Supports fractional investment
- Intraday charts & news, live updates about top gainers and losers
- Also provides services like insurance and more.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|No brokerage on equity delivery.||Trading through calling is charged at 20 Rupees per order.|
|Excellent Portfolio management.|
|By investing in small cases, you can build a low-cost portfolio.|
Price: Rs. 20 or 0.25% per executed order
7) Groww App
Reason chosen: Groww is one of India’s highest-rated online trading apps that lets you open your trading account for free.
Groww is a fast-growing brand that facilitates a variety of trading in India. Besides conventional stock market trading, the Groww app offers gold, fixed deposits, and many other financial instruments.
This one of the best investment apps in India does not charge any commission charge to use this service, which makes it the best share market app in India. Furthermore, the commission goes into direct mutual funds, where no commissions are paid to agents.
You can directly invest in mutual funds or do SIP (Systematic Investment Plans) for free with zero commissions. You can also track invested mutual funds.
Groww app focuses on simplicity and transparency. You can quickly redeem your accumulated mutual funds to your bank account using the respective AMC.
- Supports investing in gold, fixed deposits, domestic and US stocks, mutual funds, and F&Os.
- Provides a built-in mutual funds calculator.
- Helps you shortlist stocks, mutual funds, and other assets based on category.
- It is loaded with technical charts, indicators, and other tools.
- Supports complementary SIPs with zero commissions.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Get real-time share price of all companies.||Advanced order types are not available.|
|No trading account opening or maintenance charges.|
|It is loaded with technical charts, indicators, and other tools.|
Price: Rs. 20 brokerage charges for Futures and Options
Reason chosen: It provides advanced charts for market research and unmatched guidance for newcomers.
Sharekhan’s 20 lakh+ clients across India enjoy excellent tools and customer support. This trading app offers excellent guidance for making better trading decisions. Sharekhan provides its customers with a wide range of products for building a diversified portfolio.
These managers are a blessing for novices that share valuable knowledge to help you with your investments. Moreover, their fast and reliable tools for market research and transfers make it a delightful experience. Sharekhan mobile app provides all leading trading features such as advanced charts, measurement tools, watchlists, etc.
- Advanced charts to do market research.
- Managers provide support, guidance, and assistance.
- Research reports help you to make better decisions.
- Wide range of products to trade with.
- Easy fund transfer service
- Advanced search and filtering options.
- Multiple charting options coupled with excellent tools for analytics.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|The portfolio section helps keep track of the performance of all stocks in the portfolio.||Relatively high trading fees|
|Multiple data-rich charting and analytical tools.|
|Fast and easy pay-in and payout options to transfer funds.|
|It allows fixed deposits as collateral for future and option trading.|
Price: For equity delivery: 0.50% or 10 paise per share or Rs16 per script (whichever Is higher).
9) FYERS Markets
Reason chosen: Number of charts with 20 years+ data to study the market and make wiser decisions available for all customers.
FYERS is a Bangalore-based discount broker that developed one of the most outstanding mobile trading apps, despite starting a little later than other discount brokers.
FYERS has invested its focus and resources in building a premier mobile trading app in India that fuelled its quest to become India’s leading stockbroker.
This stock trading app allows traders to trade in stocks without any restrictions. It brings features such as easy availability of watchlists and high-level security protocols. That’s why it’s considered the best trading app in India.
- Fast and reliable streaming quotes, charts, and trade execution.
- 22+ years of historical EOD data.
- Analytics with 60+ technical indicators to analyze the market.
- 9 months of historical intraday charts.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Historical data of more than 20 years||Does not allow trading in mutual funds.|
|Excellent Options calculator|
|Advanced charts are available for free|
|Stay updated on all the fresh updates from stock exchanges, market information, and many more.|
Price: Zero brokerage on equity delivery; however, intraday, futures, and options are charged at Rs. 20 per intraday/futures/options order.
10) Axis Direct App
Reason chosen: This online trading app is suitable for beginners and professionals thanks to its excellent user interface and technical and analytical tools.
Axis Direct is a subsidiary of Axis Bank Ltd, which distributes retail customers a wide array of financial solutions and services. A broad spectrum of lending strategies can be used for customers.
Axis Direct has a working client base of more than 300,000. It has NSE, BSE, MSEI, and MCX-SX subscriptions and enables you to trade over multiple financial segments, such as equity, currency trading, IPO, etc.
This app has been designed keeping in mind the requirement of the traders who travel a lot. Axis bank customers enjoy an even better experience due to their excellent integrations between banks and Demat accounts.
- Voice commands allow users to speak commands and get them executed efficiently.
- Live-streaming of the prices of different assets, news updates, and more.
- App is loaded with technical and analytical tools.
- Supports investing in stocks, mutual funds, commodities, currencies, etc.
- Excellent for existing Axis Bank customers.
- It provides detailed information about every IPO.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|You can check your holdings and portfolio and track their performance with just one click.||No support for the commodity segment|
|App has suitable safety measures.||High account opening charges of Rs. 900|
|It provides customer tools for technical or fundamental analysis, such as screeners and alert engines.|
|Reports and Research are considered to be very good.|
Price: Equity delivery at 0.50%, Equity intraday at 0.05%, and Equity future: 0.05%
11) Motilal Oswal Trading app
Reason chosen: Motilal Oswals lets you trade in gold, too, without paperwork, making it one of the best trading apps in India.
Motilal Oswal is another prominent stockbroker in India with a strong network of branches and sub-brokers in more than 1700 locations. They have a wide range of products such as equity, mutual funds, life insurance, IPO, and many more.
They invest a considerable amount of their revenue in research, and hence their research papers are considered good. Market analysis tools made by experts and learning resources are provided.
The brokerage fees are high compared to discount stockbrokers, but this online trading app is one of its kind. It is made for both beginners as well as professionals. Its innovative artificial intelligence features offer you tips on improving your portfolio.
- Trade-in digital gold without paperwork.
- Expert-made market analysis reports are available for you.
- Learning resources for beginners as well as advanced traders.
- There is a stock scanner for searching the equity and commodity trading and other assets you want to track and trade.
- Execute multiple orders from a single click through the bulk order function.
- It provides you with a snapshot of orders, positions, and limits.
|👍 Pros||👎 Cons|
|Trades in precious metals like Gold.||Does not offer to trade in international stocks|
|Market analysis tools.||Requires opening account charges of Rs. 1000|
|Guidance for investing.|
|Expert-made analysis reports are available for you.|
Price: Equity trades are charged at 0.50%. Intraday at 0.05%. Currency at Rs. 20 per lot.
❓ What is the best trading app in India?
Finding the right stock trading app in India to start your online investments isn’t easy. Some of the best trading apps with the most valuable features and tools are:
- ICICI Direct
- Edelweiss App
- IIFL markets
- Angel one
- Groww App
- Axis Direct
- Motilal Oswal App
With the help of unique tools for trading, every customer, investor, and the trader can get a multitude of opportunities in the Indian stock market itself.
🚀 What factors to consider while selecting a trading app?
You must invest a lot of time and research into it, keeping in mind that some trading platforms don’t always have your best interest at heart.
As beginners need more time and effort to understand the basics of stock trading in India, they need to choose the best trading app in India.
For an app to become the best investment app in India, it must feature an easy user interface, historical charts, Live market feeds, customer support channels, investment tips, etc.
Here are some essential factors to consider when looking for online trading apps:
- User-friendly interface: The mobile apps must have an interface that is easy to understand and navigate.
- Reliability: The stock market app should have less downtime, good customer support, and execute all actions with a high success rate.
- Security: The apps should keep the user data safe and secure, ensuring no personal data is misused.
- Automatic trading: The subset of algorithmic trading uses a computer program to create buy and sell orders.
- Average trading costs: Price that buyers have paid for one share on average over a specific period.
- Available features: Heat maps, charts, indicators, direct mutual fund, IPO, etc.
🏅 Why do you need API access for a trading app?
Traders use API access to connect their screening software directly with the brokerage account to share real-time prices and place orders.
Two types of traders use APIs:
- Third-Party Applications: Many traders use third-party stock trading apps. That requires access to broker APIs for pricing data and placing trades.
- Developer Applications: A growing number of traders develop their automated trading systems using programming languages like Python and require a way to access pricing data and place trades.