Mint is an easy to use free financial budgeting software that helps you manage all incoming and outgoing money transactions in one place. It allows you to add your bank accounts, credit cards, debit cards, and other accounts.
Mint software gives alert messages to manage your bills so that you never miss your payments. Mint’s major drawback is that sometimes you face the syncing issue, and it also lacks advanced features.
Here is a curated list of the Top tools that are capable of replacing Mint. This list includes commercial as well as open-source tools with popular features and the latest download link.
Best Mint Alternative
|Personal Capital||Windows, iOS, and Android.||No||256-bit AES||Free||Learn More|
|QuickBooks Online||Windows and macOS.||No||128-bit SSL encryption)||$7.25 per month||Learn More|
|YNAB||Mac, iOS, and Android.||No||Bcrypt hashing||$84 Month.||Learn More|
|Every Dollar||Mac, iOS, and Android.||No||Multi-layer security||$59.99 Per Month.||Learn More|
|Albert||Mac, iOS, and Android.||No||SSL||Free||Learn More|
Personal Capital is a tool that helps you to track your complete financial information. It provides a comprehensive snapshot of your most important financial metrics.
- Provides excellent retirement calculator
- Top-notch investment analyzer
- Automatically tracks cash flow and investments
- Allows you to compare your portfolio allocation to the recommended target.
- It helps you create budgets and track your expenditure to save for the future.
- Pricing: It is completely free.
QuickBooks is automated accounting software that enables you to handle bookkeeping, sales tax, invoicing, etc. This software allows you to track bills and expenses with ease. This accounting software helps you to manage your business expenditure anytime, anywhere. It also provides customizable reports and dashboards.
- QuickBooks keeps everything organized in one place.
- It offers powerful invoicing with custom reminders and easy tracking.
- Get a real-time view of your cash flow.
- It helps you to stay up to date, anytime, anywhere.
- You can connect your bank account and credit cards automatically.
- Pricing: $7.25 per month.
3. YNAB (You Need A Budget)
YNAB is another important Mint alternative that helps you to plan your spending ahead of time. This application is a good choice for those who are interested in zero-based budgeting.
- It helps you to gain total control of your money.
- This replacement for Mint offers an easy goal tracker.
- This Mint alternative allows you to access real-time information from any device at any time.
- YNAB offers 100+ free and live workshops for personal support to their users.
- Data is completely secured with encryption and hashing of all passwords and encryption of user data.
- Pricing: $11.99/month or $84/per year plan
4. Every Dollar
Every Dollar is a good financial app if you are a beginner. This Mint alternative helps you to track your financial goals by integrating them into your budget. It is one of the best replacements for Mint, as it syncs easily with your banking accounts.
- Every Dollar helps you create a monthly budget so you can achieve your money goals.
- It helps you to add your monthly income and cost of expenditure.
- Allows you to plan your expenses efficiently.
- It helps you constantly track your spending.
- Supported platforms: iOS, Android.
- Pricing: $59.99 starting price.
Albert is a financial management app that offers mobile banking, saving, and investing all in one place. This business finance app also allows you to buy stocks and build a guided portfolio.
- It helps you view all of your accounts in one place, set up a budget, and see how much you have left to spend for the Month.
- Guides you through various financial decisions and alerts you if you are overpaying for anything.
- This Mint alternative offers easy access to instant and interest-free cash advances.
- Pricing: Free Self-manage software and App.
Tiller manages your complete financial data in a spreadsheet that gets automatically updated every day. It uses Google sheets templates for personal finance and businesses. This financial app also helps you to make your boring stuff automated.
- Allows you to use formulas, your favorite add-ons, custom reports, charts, and pivot tables.
- It protects your data with 256-bit AES encryption and two-factor authentication.
- This software is easy to get started with flexible templates.
- It helps you save time with reliable, automated bank feeds.
- You can see all your accounts, balances, and spending in one place.
- It automatically categorizes your transactions as per your guidance and rules.
PocketSmith is a finance application that allows you to set your budget, analyze spending patterns, and generate projections about your finance based on your budgeting scenarios.
- Get clarity over your money.
- It provides safe and secure information.
- It has excellent reviews for customer service.
- It is cloud-based and has global support.
- No advertisements.
Quicken is a strong competitor of Mint, which helps you track everything related to your spending, rent, food, commuting, entertainment, and more. It also allows you to check monthly spending trends.
- Offers free phone and chat assistance from official Quicken customer support.
- You can view all your transactions and accounts in a single place.
- This alternative of Mint allows you to search transaction history by amount, payee, or type of expense.
- Allows you to see transactions across different household members.
- This tool also helps you to predict your financial future.
Lunchmoney is a simple budgeting app for your business. This app offers multicurrency support like Dollar, Yen, Pound, BitCoin, etc. It also allows you to split, group, tag, and categorize transactions.
- It helps you to easily track your net worth over time.
- Provides analytics against your transactions
- This alternative of Mint automates your processes using the rules engine.
- You can track your net worth, set a budget, and even run analytics on your transactions
- Offers multiple methods for importing transactions
Wealthsimple finance management app helps you better manage your investments. It allows you to build a portfolio based on your goals. It also helps you to file your income tax returns.
- Provides encryption for handling your financial information and two-factor authentication (2FA) protection.
- This Mint alternative allows you to send cash to your friend in seconds.
- It offers state-of-the-art security measures.
- It provides standard bankruptcy and deposit protection.
GoodBudget is a financial app that helps you to digitalize the envelope system and allows users to break down expenses into various categories. It can be simultaneously accessed from multiple devices, making it a more viable option for household budgeting for couples managing shared income.
- It helps you to remain on financial track with the time-tested envelope budgeting method.
- This alternative of Mint helps you to Sync & share budgets.
- Supported platforms: iOS and Android.
12. Bluecoins Finance
Bluecoins is a simple finance app that offers expense tracker, budget, and money management tools. This Mint alternative is a complete reporting and analysis software to manage money, expenses, income, and budget.
- Easy to understand reports and charts that you can easily generate within this app.
- Allows you to securely access data on multiple devices with your family members.
- Allows you to make changes in your Google Drive directly using this app.
13. Status Money
Status Money is a single platform to anonymously compare your financial situation based on your age group and location. This financial app also suggests reducing high expenses and alerts you for upcoming due dates and payments.
- It helps you to easily track your budget and net worth.
- It helps you to earn cash rewards.
- You can check overspending in certain categories like paying high-interest rates or not saving enough.
- Allows you to create a retirement plan.
- It also offers cash flow projects and interest rate analysis.
MoneyPatrol is an advanced personal finance monitoring, budgeting, and money management tool. It allows you to create weekly and monthly budgets. This budgeting app also allows you to automatically import financial information from your accounts.
- Automatically imports financial information from your accounts.
- It helps you to organize finances, monitor transactions, and track your Money.
- Helps you monitor bank accounts, credit cards, loans, etc.
- Provides alerts, insights, and reminders to help you easily keep an eye on your finances.
- This alternative of Mint allows you to spot suspicious and fraudulent transactions as well as late fees.
- Includes financial reports.
MoneyStrands is a free mobile app for budgeting, which is capable of replacing Mint. Its main features are automatic synchronization of financial accounts, personalized budgeting, and spending tracking.
- You will get instant access to your account balances, financial transactions, spending habits, and budgets.
- It helps you to achieve your financial goals.
- Gives a complete analysis of your finance and budget.
Pocket Guard is a finance management tool that is easy to use and helps you take control of your Money. It optimizes your spending and grows your savings automatically.
- Allows you to check all your accounts in one place.
- Helps you track and lower your bills
- Allows you to reach your financial goal with ease.
- Your data remains secured with 256-bit SSL encryption.
Wally is a budgeting management tool that helps you track spending and fully understand your budget. You can set an account according to different categories and track real time progress.
- It helps you to reach your financial goals faster.
- You can sync your bank account with encrypted end-to-end PCI compliant technology.
- Allows you to plan your bills with reminders and lists.
- Financial clarity and control.
- Allows you to track joint accounts and household budgets.
❓ What is Mint?
Mint is an easy to use free financial budgeting software that helps you manage all incoming and outgoing money transactions in one place. It allows you to add your bank accounts, credit cards, debit cards, PayPal wallets, and other accounts.
Mint software gives alert messages to manage your bills so that you never miss your payment.
✅ Which are the Best Mint Alternatives?
Here are some of the Best Mint Alternatives:
- Personal Capital
- QuickBooks Online
- Every Dollar
⭐ What features to look for in Mint alternatives?
Here are some important features that a Mint alternative should provide:
- Ease of use.
- Flexible with all sizes of businesses.
- Great quality and customer support.
- Lower license cost, if applicable.
- Lower Hardware/Software requirements
- Good support and updated policy
- Good Reviews
👉 Can you use Mint without linking accounts?
Yes, it is possible to use Mint without linking accounts. Under the bill section, Mint provides you the option to add “offline bills,” which don’t need to be verified by linked accounts.
Moreover, you can manually create a per year budget in the budgets section of the site. This allows you to manually enter your income, monthly expenses, per year investments, taxes, and so on.
You need to allocate separate “budgets” for each of these items. For example, one budget for income and one for each category of expense. It is strange to do it that way, as all of these items will be added/subtracted from how much you have budgeted in the right pane.
So, here you should prefer to use Mint without linking accounts. It also has a feature of goal tracking, such as paying off credit cards, taking
a trip, buying a home, etc. Per year goal tracking does not require account linking.
💻 What is the difference between desktop and cloud accounting software?
Following are the key differences between desktop and cloud accounting software:
- Desktop Small Business Accounting Software: To use desktop software, you need to install the software on your computer and run it. All your business accounts data is also stored on your computer.
- Cloud Small Business Accounting Software: This accounting software runs on the internet. To use it, you don’t need to install the software. Your business accounts data is stored on a cloud server. To access the Cloud software, you can visit the website of cloud software provider and sign up with your details.
This means you can access the cloud accounting software from anywhere and any device.
🏅 What is the drawback of Mint?
Here are some drawbacks of Mint software:
- Categorizing transactions can be clunky.
- Too many Ads and suggested services.
- Offers weak investment feature
- Not a great tool for reporting
- It lacks a running Register.
- Weak customer support
- Lack of report generation features
- It does not support multiple currencies.
- It does not allow you to assign multiple saving goals to one account.
- Problems with account synchronization.
❗ Does Mint sell your data?
No, Mint does not sell your data. Mint accounting app uses consumer data to identify various information to give a better experience to the
users by protecting their privacy. It provides insights to advertisers on who is interested in their products and how they can better target and