The MCAT test is a computer-based, multiple-choice standardized exam for admission in medical schools. The admission committee checks your MCAT score with the academic record and supporting materials. This exam helps them to evaluate the performance of applicants to enroll them in a specific college.
Here, we have selected the best online MCAT Prep courses to familiarize yourself with the MCAT exam structure and understand the test contents.
Following is a handpicked list of Top MCAT Courses, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) courses.
Best MCAT Courses
|Company||Magoosh MCAT||The Princeton Review MCAT||Kaplan MCAT||Blueprint MCAT||MCAT Self Prep Course|
|Format||Online Self-Study||Online Self-Study, Live Online, Books, Qbanks||Online Self-Study||Online Self Study, Live Online, Books||Online Self-Study, Live Online, Books|
|Newest Aamc Materials||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Course Expiration||12 months||6 months, 9 months, and 12 months||Lifetime||Until You Pass||12 months|
|Detailed Analytics & Insights||❌||✔️||✔️||✔️||❌|
|Support Options||Email, Chat||Email, Phone||Email, Phone, Office Hours|
1) Magoosh MCAT
Magoosh MCAT is an online course that enables you to study for medical college admission test from your desktop or mobile. It provides you email assistance whenever you find any difficulty in preparing for the exam.
It helps you to prepare for the latest MCAT tests. This course is fully updated to accommodate your preparation requirements for the latest MCAT exam. It helps you improve your percentile with minimal efforts.
Magoosh MCAT enables you to practice at your own pace with full-length and shortened tests for the upcoming MCAT exam. This course offers hundreds of questions and in-depth video lessons covering all the important concepts you want to know.
It offers video lessons that cover concepts and shortcuts with a focus on important topics. This course includes a wide range of practice questions and lessons to prepare for the MCAT exam.
- Customizable practice quizzes.
- It is integrated with a timer that helps you improve the speed of solving the questions.
- Allows you to access the course from mobile app.
- Innovative percentile predictor functionality.
- You can easily access study materials.
- Affordable compared to other courses.
- It helps you to identify gaps and areas that need to improve.
- Offers a large question bank of difficult practice questions.
- Provides easy support via email.
- It has good customer reviews.
- It does not have live online course components.
The Princeton Review MCAT is a website that helps you prepare for the medical college admission test. It offers detailed score reports that are used to gauge a student’s progress.
This course helps you to save your time by focusing on the important subjects. Princeton Review enables you to learn for MCAT exam from numerous videos.
- Offers 8+ full-length MCAT practice tests.
- Provides detailed explanations of questions on every test.
- Helps you gain a baseline for your progress.
- Allows you to practice according to your speed.
- Materials are of high quality.
- Tutoring done by experienced instructors.
- Offers large number of practice exams.
- It has good customer reviews.
- It does not offer a free trial.
3) Kaplan MCAT
Kaplan MCAT is a website that enables you to prepare for the medical college admission test. It offers a full online course with one-on-one tutoring and on-demand lessons.
This course includes a fully structured study plan that you can follow at your own speed. It provides a variety of question banks with realistic practice tests. This is one of the best MCAT prep courses that enables you to boost your score in MCAT.
- Provides printed course materials.
- Offers live online and in-person classes.
- The course includes interactive lessons.
- Prerecorded content can be accessed 24/7.
- Provides a wide range of learning options.
- Material does not expire until you attend the MCAT test.
- It does not have detailed information about medical and core science topics.
4) Blueprint MCAT
Blueprint MCAT is one of the best personalized online MCAT prep courses that offer a custom study plan. This MCAT course includes live instruction, lessons, readings, quizzes, and more. It enables you to increase your score with the help of MCAT instructors.
This course includes 160+ learning modules that enable you to prepare for the MCAT examination. It offers highly insightful illustrations, engaging videos, and animations. This is one of the best MCAT prep courses that use a mobile-friendly format without downloading anything.
- Offers intuitive data visualization to quickly spot patterns in questions.
- Enables you to learn difficult concepts through animation.
- Allows access to interact with MCAT experts for five days of the week.
- It has 4000+ practice questions.
- Offers comprehensive books for easy preparation of MCAT exam.
- Offers numerous practice questions.
- Provides practice books and personal tutoring.
- Includes 30 modules that emphasize on reasoning and statistics.
- You can learn from a variety of resources.
- The price of this course is high.
5) MCAT Self Prep Course
The MCAT Self Prep Course is a learning platform that enables you to learn from numerous materials. It is completely customizable and allows you to prepare in a way that is best for you.
This is one of the best MCAT preparation courses that helps you to target your weaknesses and build on your strengths. It enables you to study for the MCAT exam from any device without any hassle.
- Customized study plan that organizes and tracks your study goals.
- Helps you to increase your MCAT score with ease.
- Offers a variety of tutoring packages.
- Easy to learn lessons.
- This course is available for free.
- This course includes a variety of content to prepare for the MCAT test.
- Excellent customer reviews
- It does not offer detailed analytics.
❓ What is MCAT?
The MCAT test is a computer-based multiple-choice, standardized exam for admission in medical schools. The admission committee checks your
MCAT score with your academic record and supporting materials. This exam helps them to evaluate the performance of applicants to enroll them in
a specific college.
🚀 Which are the Best MCAT Online Prep Course?
Below are some of the Best MCAT Online Prep Course:
- Magoosh MCAT
- The Princeton Review MCAT
- Blueprint MCAT
- Kaplan MCAT
- MCAT Self Prep Course
❗ Who needs to take the MCAT?
MCAT exam is necessary for the students planning to attend medical school to become a doctor. Students also need to attend the exam in some situations if they are willing to study nursing or related streams in the medical field. However, if students plan to go into a graduate school for other streams, such as finance or business, this test is not necessary for them.
Students who are planning for the MCAT exam should keep in mind that the standards for nurses and other medical students defer from medical
doctors. If students are not clear about certain types of standards of degrees, it is good to follow the suggestions or standards set by the
university or college.
👉 Can an average student crack MCAT?
Yes, an average student can easily crack the MCAT test via self-study or by enrolling for any MCAT online prep course listed above.
🚀 How to pass the MCAT?
Here are the important tips for passing the MCAT exam:
- Create MCAT preparation pipeline: This can be done by creating a timeline to study each topic and following it strictly and carefully.
- Set your target: You need to set a target of topics required to cover on a daily basis.
- Brush up your skills in mathematics: This is an important point to consider, as MCAT is a science-based test that contains some mathematical questions so you must enhance your mathematical skills. Moreover, this exam does not allow you to use a calculator.
- Practice questions: It can be done by practicing past year exam questions and analyzing them properly.
- Discuss with colleagues: You need to discuss the questions with your friends preparing for the same exam. This will help you to know about unfamiliar questions of MCAT test and help you clear the doubts.
🏅 How can you find the best MCAT prep courses?
You need to consider the following aspects to find the best MCAT prep course:
- Learning needs: Modern MCAT preparation courses should allow you to learn through one-on-one tutoring, video lessons,
ebooks, and more so that you can find comfortable methods to grasp the topics with no hassle.
- Self-paced learning: Self-paced learning helps you to plan for preparing MCAT exam at your convenience. A good MCAT preparation course should allow you to learn at your own pace.
- Budget: MCAT courses may vary in prices. You need to determine factors that are unnecessary and find courses that work best within your budget.
⭐ Are MCAT prep courses worth it?
It depends on your budget and your individual needs. You can prepare well for the exam via self-study or free and low-cost study material and
resources. However, you can still opt for the MCAT preparation courses if your budget allows. It will help you with one-on-one tutoring, video
lessons, expert help, latest study materials, well-structured preparation plan, etc.
💲 How much is an MCAT prep course?
The cost of the MCAT starts from $299. However, many good test prep companies charge more than $2,000 for their standard
MCAT prep course.
👉 Can I retake the test?
Yes. MCAT test can be taken as many times as you desire. You can retry giving the exam to improve your first score. However, if you get a
higher score on the first attempt, then it will be difficult to improve on the second take.
⚡ Are fee waivers available?
Fee waivers are available for the candidates having a low income to meet their financial criteria. Waivers
include MCAT test and subject fees.
💻 Are there accommodations for students with disabilities?
Yes. Accommodations are made in order to help students with disabilities, including extended breaks, visual and reading aid, and extended
testing time. However, students need to apply for it as early as possible or before seven weeks of test date.
❓ What does a higher MCAT score mean for me?
Universities require certain MCAT test scores for admissions. Your MCAT score determines the classes in which you will get admission.
For example, a low score will put you in low-level colleges, while a high score paves a path for admission in reputed colleges. MCAT exam scores are
also an important factor for merit-based scholarships. It can be won from organizations and schools.
💲 Can I get my money back if I do not like my prep course?
Yes, most of the MCAT prep courses have a refund policy. You need to be careful as these classes have short timeframes to request a refund.
Therefore, it is advisable for you to read the terms and conditions properly.
⚡ What is the difference between online and classroom MCAT prep courses?
Here is a difference between online and classroom MCAT prep courses.
|Parameters||Online MCAT prep courses||Classroom MCAT prep courses|
|Time freedom:||You can complete the target at any time.||You need to complete the target in a specific time.|
|Cost:||Online courses are cheaper than traditional classroom training.||The cost of learning classroom MCAT prep courses is expensive.|
|Personalized attention:||Personalized attention is difficult.||You will get personalized attention.|
|Better for:||It is better for remote students.||It is ideal for the student who wants to learn personally.|
|Topics:||It is good for a specific and concise topic.||It is good for collaborative topics.|
❗ What are the tips to ace MCAT?
Here are tips to ace the MCAT:
- Read questions carefully: You need to read the question carefully and find easily eliminable answers.
- Reduce guesswork: You do not need to blindly guess the answer. It is good that you eliminate at least one wrong answer.
- Reduce time on one question: You do not need to spend much time on one question. It is good that you read it and move to the next one. You can also return to that question later in case you cannot answer quickly.
- Carefully read multi-part questions: You need to be careful with multiple-part questions because a wrong answer might effect the subsequent parts.
- Eliminate wrong questions: Read carefully and use the process of elimination to increase your chances of choosing the correct multiple-choice answer.
- Write a short summary with proper proof: You need to make sure you write a conclusion with proper proof. If you are writing an essay, it is preferable that you end it in clear and simple language.
- Write short and precise answers: Do not write lengthy answers as it becomes difficult to read. You need to stick to the concise and precise answer.
- Focus on the MCAT books: You need to focus only on content written in the book.
- Divide your essay into paragraphs: You need to structure the essay in various small paragraphs.
- Check your strong and weak points: You need to find out your strengths and weaknesses and focus on building a strong overall
skill set and eliminate your weak points.