Screen recording software lets you capture your screen to share with others, create product-related videos, tutorials, lessons, demo, YouTube videos, and more. These software enables you to record videos from webcam and screen.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Screen Recorder, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source(free) and commercial(paid) software.
Camtasia is a tool to record and create professional-looking videos on Windows and Mac. Use can use this software for making video tutorials, video lessons, YouTube videos, demo videos, and more.
- You can record webcam and screen, and presentation.
- It provides music and audio library.
- You can create eye-catching titles and annotations.
- Camtasia enables you to add Zoom, pan, and animate.
- You can use transitions between scenes and slides in order to improve video flow.
- Camtasia enables you to create quizzes.
- You can add an effect to your video.
Screencastify is a video screen capture program design for Chrome. It helps you to record the content of the webcam, tab, or desktop by just by pressing a record button. This tool can be used for creating screencasts for record presentations, video tutorials, etc.
- You can record videos without the internet.
- It provides mouse spotlight click highlighting to capture attention.
- You can upload it directly to YouTube.
- It allows you to export the video as an animated GIF, MP4, or MP3 format.
- You can narrate with the help of a microphone.
- Screencastify autosave to Google drive.
3) Movavi Screen Recorder Studio
Movavi Screen Capture is a lightweight screen recording tool which is used for video streaming, capturing video calls, etc. It helps you to capture full HD video at 60 frames per sound.
- Record screen with a plug in, microphone or sound or to record a voice.
- Include a range of settings, including frame rate, and volume.
- You can cut and join video clips, without any hassle.
- This software helps you to record video even if you are away.
- It allows you to share results to Google Drive, Movavi Cloud, or YouTube.
- No special hardware is needed for capturing screen audio.
- You can record from any source, including mic, system sounds, and webcam.
ApowerREC tool allows you to record live streaming videos, desktop activities, and so on. It allows you to capture your activity on the full screen or within the customized region.
- It offers real-time editing while recording any video.
- You can record video from webcam.
- This software allows you to create a scheduled task to record PC screenshot/webcam automatically.
- You can convert video into AVI, MP4, WMV, etc.
- It enables you to adjust volume and customize audio source from microphone or sound card.
Screencast-O-Matic is an easy to use screen recorder that enables you to capture any area of your screen. It provides an option to add video from your webcam and narration from your microphone.
- You can animate videos with transitions and overlay effects.
- It allows you to import videos, images, and audio from other devices.
- You can show or hide the cursor and webcam.
- Zoom in or out to highlight a specific area of the video.
- You can add and edit narration, music, and system audio.
- You can apply styles on text, shapes, and images.
6) Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream Screen Recorder is a screen recording tool that allows you to record any area of your computer screen. This tool helps you to record Video tutorials, apps and Games, Live streams, Skype calls, Webinars, and more.
- It allows you to choose output quality.
- You can select the area of the screen or record the full screen.
- This software helps you to record screen with webcam overlay.
- You can add text, shapes, and arrows to your screen recording.
- Icecream apps enable you to record full-screen 3D games.
- You can record the screen and save it in GIF format.
- It enables you to add a watermark logo to your screen recording.
Captivate is an interactive video maker for tutorials and eLearning that you can use with Adobe Creative Cloud. It allows you to capture and export your screen contents as a still video.
- It can optimize the content of any screen size.
- This tool allows you to save videos as MP4.
- You can add buttons to your learning video.
- It helps you to publish the final video for desktop or web use or make an app.
- You can quickly build up storyboards on your mobile device.
- This software enables you to import your PowerPoint presentation and convert it into a multimedia, interactive module.
- You can import and synchronize content from Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Audition.
Soapbox tool helps you to record, edit, and share videos. You can click the record button and edit to share a webcam, screen, or split-screen view.
- You can combine recording with a screencast.
- It allows you to export your video to social media with just a few clicks.
- You can loop GIF and text overlay.
- Supports video recording from a webcam.
AceThinker enables you to record and save activity on your computer screen. It has various screen recording modes that help you to screencast specific regions around the mouse cursor or full screen.
- It allows you to record only audio.
- You can annotate a video.
- It enables you to schedule a task.
- This tool has numerous modes for capturing videos.
Loom is a tool that helps you get your message across through shareable video. It enables you to capture your record your front-facing camera, computer screen, and narrate it all at once.
- It allows you to share videos with a simple link.
- This software helps you to communicate with others using video.
- You can create as many as you want videos.
11) FlashBack Pro
FlashBack Pro product helps you to make engaging videos by capturing sound and webcam. This tool enables you to create and share video tutorials online in any format.
- It can capture any part of your PC screen and turns it into a video file.
- You can add notes, images, and sounds to make it look professional.
- It can be uploaded to YouTube.
- FlashBack Pro allows you to add a watermark to your video.
- You can record from more than one monitor.
- This tool provides frame editing and audio editing.
- You can add annotations.
TinyTake is a video recording software designed for Windows and Mac platforms. This software allows you to capture videos of your computer screen, add comments, and share them with other people.
- You can assign custom short cut keys.
- Record video of your screen for more than 120 minutes.
- You can store videos in the cloud.
- You can Zoom in or zoom out any video.
- This tool is a proxy server friendly.
- TinyTake enables you to share a link to stored video.
TechSmith Snagit is a screen image and video recording application for short recordings of your screen. It can record the action on the screen and audio as MPEG 4 video file.
- It allows you to quickly record video working through steps.
- You can switch between webcam and screen recording during video.
- Record audio either from microphone or computer system audio.
- You can turn video into an animated GIF And add it to your website.
- Snagit helps you to trim any video clip.
- You can record the iOS screen with just a few taps.
ScreenFlow is a video editing, screen recording, and sharing software from Telestream. It helps you to make home videos to professional videos.
- You can access over 500,000 unique media types.
- It allows you to record your iPhone or iPad screen.
- You can add transitions, video animations, freehand annotations, text animations, and more.
- This tool enables you to animate titles and logos and graphics with built-in video animation.
- You can use styles and templates to make software tutorials.
- It helps you to organize your project with nested clips, markets, nested clips, and multi-track editing.
- You can publish your video with content publishing sites like YouTube, Wistia, Vimeo, Imgur, and more.
- Create animated APNGs and GIFs from any video project.
ActivePresenter is a screen recording tool that allows you to record narration, webcam, and audio system. It can be installed on Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems that can be used to create software demonstrations.
- You can easily record the screen as a full-motion video.
- It allows you to record audio from speaker and microphone.
- You can integrate live-action footage in your video.
- It enables you to export content to
- You can export content in varieties of video formats like AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV, and WebM.
- This software support HTML5.
Droplr is a program for Windows and Mac platforms. You can use it to share screencasts, files, and screenshots with others. This program runs in the background, and you can make it a streamlined part of your workflow. Droplr is attractive, intuitive, and unobtrusive.
- Captured screenshot can be saved to cloud.
- You can markup captured screenshots.
- It allows you to add messages with the captured snapshot.
- You can blur sensitive details on screenshot.