There are a wide range of software applications that helps you to create and print 3D structures. These tools support varieties of file formats like .obj, .stl, .x3d, and. vrml, and more.
Following is a handpicked list of Top Best 3D Printer Software, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software.
Best 3D Printer Software Apps for Windows PC
|Autodesk Fusion 360||Windows, Mac||✔️||https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/|
|MatterControl||Windows, Mac, Linux||✔️||https://www.matterhackers.com/|
|Ultimaker Cura||Windows, Mac, Linux||✔️||https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura|
|Autodesk Autocad||Windows, Mac||✔️||https://www.autodesk.in/products/autocad/overview|
Fusion 360 is a cloud-based 3D design software. This software is suitable for educators and students. It is available for Mac and PC. The application enables you to make various engineering parts.
- It has a unified environment that enables you to create high-quality products.
- You can create and edit a sketch with a sketching tool.
- Quickly create a prototype to validate your design.
- It provides manufacture ready outcomes that help you to meet your design specifications.
- This 3d printer design software makes it easy to program your manufacturing process.
Sketchfab is a platform that enables you to manage your 3D assets. This website allows you to buy and sell 3D models. It includes animated rigs, augmented reality, and virtual reality projects.
- You can embed 3D models for eCommerce, social media, and advertising.
- This platform is configurable with VR and AR technologies.
- Enables you to preview your model with a 3D viewer.
- Provides numerous categories for developing 3D models.
MatterControl is a free and open-source application that allows you to design, organize, and manage 3D prints. It offers customization and personalization of 3D prints.
- You can access files anywhere from the MatterControl cloud tool.
- It offers tutorials for beginners.
- This tool provides an option for customization.
- MatterControl offers varieties of settings for processing printing.
- Supported platform is Windows, Linux, and macOS.
4) Ultimaker Cura
Ultimaker Cura is an open-source 3D printing application. This is easy to use software that can be integrated with CAD software for a smoother workflow. It enables you to customize according to your business needs. This 3D printing software tool allows you to download material profiles from various brands for your project.
- Print anything at the click of one mouse button.
- This 3d printer control software offers plugins like SolidWorks and Autodesk Inventor.
- Compatible file types are X3D, JPG, BMP, PNG, and much more.
- The tool enables you to select the speed and quality of the print.
Tinkercad is a tool that can be used to draw and print 3D design. It can be used by teachers, hobbyists, professional designers, and kids to make models. This application has a collection of readymade 3D images that can be print without any hassle.
- You can modify shapes and objects.
- It enables you to align objects.
- The tool allows you to rotate any shape.
- You can import .svg and .stl file formats.
- Tinkercad design can be exported in .stl, .vrml, .x3d, and .obj.
- It provides many shortcuts for quickly performing any action.
Autodesk Autocad is a 3D printing tool that is developed for professional use. It is one of the best 3D printer programs which allows you to attach and import data from PDF files. The tool enables you to add annotations to any drawing.
- It offers web and smartphone applications.
- The software can easily convert 3D models into STL files for education printing.
- You can make changes and create designs for 3D printing.
- It comes with preloaded plugins for building product design.
Maya is a tool that helps you to edit and print your 3D model. It is one of the best software for 3D printing which allows you to change the wall thickness of the object and define the final printing size.
- You can print complex objects with ease.
- It allows you to join cube, sphere, cone, cylinder to make and print 3D model.
- You can adjust the size of models with ease.
- This application offers an intuitive interface.
- Maya enables you to create a realistic effect of models.
Vectary is a 3D designing platform. You can access this tool from any web browser without installing it. This web-based application provides high-quality 3D results. The program helps you to assemble your first design by simply drag and drop.
- It provides complete high-quality templates.
- You can drag and drop 3D models.
- It offers various advanced and fully textured material.
- This digital application offers smart shortcuts to speed up your work.
- Make photorealistic rendering with just one mouse click.
- Supports collaboration.
- You can easily print design on 3d printer.
- It enables you to attach comments to your models.
ideaMaker is a user-friendly tool that helps you to prepare files for 3D printing within two clicks. This application offers limitless customization for advanced users. It is one of the best 3D printing software that enables you to send print files to RaiseCloud (printing platform).
- You can easily create your own 3D masterpieces.
- Offers auto-layout to print multiple files.
- It is compatible with FFF 3D printers.
- This app provides a print job and remote monitoring management.
- Supported languages are English, French, German, Russian, Italian, etc.
- It offers input file formats that are OBJ, 3MF, and STL.
OctoPrint is a free and open-source interface that helps you to monitor and control every aspect of the 3D printing machine. This application enables you to extend the functionality with plugins.
- You can start, stop, or pause the current print job.
- It can collect printer statistics via printer history.
- This software can move the head of the printer along all axes.
- Supported printers are Micro 3D printer and Flashforge printers.
MakePrintable is a tool to prepare and print any 3D model. It offers high resolution and full-color plastic printing. This software for 3D printing is available in two finishes full and single color.
- You can import files from your cloud storage.
- It allows you to select your favorite color using a color picker.
- It uses the latest 3D model optimization technology.
- You can get delivery of print to your doorstep.
- It offers a 3D model thickness adjustment tool.
- This tool has in-depth 3D model analyzer.
MeshLab is open-source system for 3D printing. This application helps you to edit the files before you print. It can be used for 3D texturing and color mapping.
- It offers software integrations like standalone slicer and 3D modeling.
- Software types available are downloadable applications and cloud-based platforms.
- Supported files are STL, OBJ, and 3MF.
- It makes slicing easier by resembling 3D models.
SolidWorks is a 3D design tool that runs on Microsoft Windows. It enables you to create, validate, manage, and transform your idea into the design of the product. This 3D print design software helps you to shorten your product development time.
- You can design, reuse, and automate products.
- Solidworks allows you to save frequently used parts and templates for easy access.
- You can create 3D images.
- It has an analysis tool that helps you to verify the performance of your product.
- You can verify that components are assembled properly before starting the production process.
Zbrushcore is a tool that offers a simple way to make and print 3D sculptures. This application is easy to learn for people having no experience. It provides a wide range of brushes to make models.
- Offers Tessellation (Covering surface with pattern).
- Automatic UV (Ultraviolet light) Creation.
- Easy to use toolbars to access frequently used tools.
- You can optimize the brush the way you like.
- It provides preloaded materials to design objects quickly.
- This application has a symmetry mode that enables you to define an axis.
Onshape is a tool that helps businesses to modernize the process of product design. It allows you to import or export industry file formats. You can use this program to review design in real time.
- Support via live chat as well as commenting.
- Securely share your design with others.
- You can customize the features.
- It allows you to draw parts, drawings, and assemblies.
Meshmixer is a program that helps you make three-dimensional printing. It supports numerous selection tools, including surface-lasso, brushing, and constraints. The application can automatically align the surface.
- You can perform stability and thickness analysis.
- Supported platforms are macOS and Windows.
- You can drag and drop elements.
- It offers 3D positioning with pivots.
- Automatically set the orientation.
FreeCAD is open-source software that enables you to build 2D from 3D. This application can be used for printing mechanical engineering, product design, and architecture.
- You can export 3D objects.
- It has a built-in Python console.
- You can create lines, rectangles, wires, and more.
- It can be used for both mechanical engineering and architecture.
- The tool provides a history of each edited object.
- Available for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
PTC Creo is a software that helps you to design your product. It allows you to develop a high-quality model. You can use this tool to optimize the result depend on the manufacturing method and engineering requirements.
- Provides offer real-time simulation.
- You can quickly expand the deeper functionality of each drawing component.
- It automatically identifies the hard edges of your design.
19) Rhinoceros 3D
Rhinoceros is a 3D computer graphics software. This application helps you to create, edit analyze your design. The program does not need any specialized hardware to make your design.
- You can make an ellipse, rectangle, spiral, circle, and many shapes.
- It enables you to set bumps, transparency, highlights, and spotlights.
- It allows you to annotate objects.
- Supports 3D paintings.
- It has a file management tool that helps you to manage a large project.
- It is available for Mac and Windows
Google SketchUp is a 3D modeling and printing software. The tool comes with a 3D gallery that lets you find for models and share among other users. It is one of the best 3D printer design software that lets you visualize your ideas.
- It helps you to customize the 3D workspace.
- You can collaborate with other people.
- It enables you to manage layers effortlessly.
- Google SketchUp helps you to set lightning effects.
- Supports numerous plugins.
CATIA is a software that allows you to design and print models. It enables you to visualize objects before getting a hard copy. The tool allows you to use metal, plastic, and resin objects for 3D printing.
- It allows you to transform a 3D scan into a printable model.
- This application enables you to print two types of models like solid and surface.
- It offers lines, maps, points, and more to create the base of the object.
- This tool provides texture for full-color 3D print.
- It enables you to print online without using a printer.
Open SCAD is a tool for creating solid three-dimensional objects. This program enables you to quickly preview the parts of objects. You can use it to make a parametric design by changing the parameters of objects.
- You can import and export the SVG, AMF, and 3MF files.
- Offers easy to use GUI.
- It provides CSG (Constructive solid geometry) geometry engine.
- You can customize the software the way you want.
- It can play sound notification on completing rendering.
- Supports shortcuts.
- It is free and available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
BlocksCAD is a tool that helps to make three-dimensional models that are appropriate for printing on a three-dimensional printer. This cloud-based app allows users to learn the concept through visualizing and designing models.
- Download files for a three-dimensional printer.
- It enables you to create lessons.
- The teacher can enable you to edit your model.
- It helps you to improve math and computer science skills.
- You can manage the account with ease.
AstroPrint is a tool to manage 3D printers. It offers live monitoring of prints. This application provides numerous cloud libraries. It allows you to manage user permission with ease.
- AstroPrint supports remote printing.
- It offers analytics for better analyzes of printing.
- This software provides easy to use user interface.
- AstroPrint provides a shared or multiple printing queue.
- You can take print pages from any device.
- It gives push notification when prints are finished.
Figuro is a free 3D modeling and printing software. You can use this tool without installation. It offers a bunch of 3D editing tools. This tool supports STL (stereolithography) and OBJ.
- It offers video tutorials for beginners.
- This app provides a 3D gallery to display your models.
- It has a user-friendly app.
- You can manipulate vertices, polygons, and edges with 3D tools.
Modo is a 3D texturing and modeling toolset. This program offers WYSIWYG to look for faster interaction of design. The software allows you to visualize your work as you develop it.
- It offers a flexible tool to combine different operations.
- This application provides a texturing, rendering, and painting facility.
- It has a fully customized UI.
- The application supports numerous plugins for creating 3D content.
- You can control lighting and shading.
- Modo has toolsets to develop games faster.
Slic3r is open source application for 3D printing. It offers a visual preview before you receive a hard copy. This application enables you to print on more than one machine simultaneously.
- It enables you to manage the configuration of the printer.
- This tool supports AMF, OBJ, STL, and files.
- It helps you to regulate printing speed.
- Slic3r is available for DLP, TAZ, Rostock, and more.
- You can use this application for Windows, Linux, and macOS X.
28) 3D Slash
3D Slash is a tool for creating three-dimensional models. This tool offers a fun way to create a design. You can use this application without any training. It enables you to paint models using color palettes.
- Create 3D text or logo in one click.
- Make a model with high precision.
- You can copy-paste, move, resize, or combine models with ease.
- Shapes can be inserted into your models.
- It enables you to select parts of objects by color.
- Share your creation on a social network.
- It can be accessed from the web.
- Make shapes using a photograph or image.
BRL-CAD is open source tool for 3D printing that offers numerous libraries of simple and complex shapes. It helps you to use and combine multiple shapes.
- It provides a high level of precision in arranging geometric shapes.
- The tool contains more than 400 tools.
- It has an intuitive design that can work on Windows operating system.
Simplify3D is a software for improving the quality of the 3D print. It enables you to setup a model, customize control structure, analysis and repairing the model, and more.
- You can easily switch between multiple printers.
- It is compatible with the latest hardware.
- This app offers realistic simulation.
- You can customize the software for the perfect print.
- It offers numerous resources to improve the quality of the print.
31) Wings 3D
Wings 3D is an open-source tool for making three-dimensional design and printing. It contains a wide range of modeling tools. You can use this application to move, scale, rotate, cut, and weld any object of your choice.
- It provides a smooth preview of your design.
- Supported languages are English, Italian, French, Japanese, German, and many more.
- You can add texture to your model.
- It enables you to export any image for painting.
- The interface can be customizable.
- It offers a wide range of selection tools.
- Supports shortcut keys for the ease of convenience.
❗ What is 3D Printing?
3D printing is a technique of creating 3D objects from a digital 3D or CAD model. In this process, the material is solidified or joined under the control of the computer to create a three-dimensional object.
🚀 Which are the Best 3D Printer Software?
Below are some of the Best 3D Printer Software & Programs:
💻 What are 3D Printer Software?
The 3D printer software is an application that helps you to create and print 3D structures. These tools support verities of file formats like .obj, .stl, .x3d, and. vrml, and more.
⚡ What is the difference between 3D Printing and 4D Printing?
4D objects are printed the same as the 3D printed shape. The main difference is that the 4D printing method uses programmable material that performs various functionality by light, heat, or water. Therefore, any non-living object can change its behavior in the future.