What is Defect age?
Defect Age is a time between the date a defect is detected and the current date or the date the defect was fixed. Age Testing is quantified by the percentage of defect age of the software or application.
Defect age is measured in 2 ways-
While counting Defect age, following things have to be considered-
- Dropped defects are not counted
- The difference in time can be calculated in hours or days
- The 'defects' are confirmed and assigned (not just reported).
Defect age in Phase
Formula for calculating defect age in Phase
- Defect Injection Phase is the SDLC phase when the defect was introduced
- Defect detection Phase is the SDLC phase when the defect was pinpointed
Defect age in Time
The defect age in time is the difference between the date a defect is identified and the current date or the date the defect was fixed.
Formula for calculating defect age in time
If a defect was detected on 03/12/2016 11:00:00 AM and closed on 03/16/2016 1:00:00 PM, the Defect Age is 74 hours.
If defect age is less, then the communication between development team and testing is good.
Also, if defect age
- Age Testing evaluates a system's ability to perform in the future. Usually, it is carried out by test teams
- Age Testing is quantified by the percentage of defect age of the software or application
- Defect age can be measured in terms of