What is Testing as a Service (TaaS)?
Testing as a Service is an outsourcing model, in which testing activities are outsourced to a third party that specializes in simulating real world testing environments as per client requirements. It is also abbreviated as TaaS
In this tutorial, we will learn
- Types of TaaS
- Key TaaS Features
- Software Testing as a Service over Cloud
- When to use TaaS
- Benefits of Cloud Testing
- Traditional vs. TaaS services
- Functional Testing as a Service: TaaS functional testing may include UI/GUI testing, regression, integration and automated user acceptance testing (UAT) but not necessary to be part of functional testing
- Performance Testing as a Service: Multiple users are accessing the application at the same time. TaaS mimic as a real world users environment by creating virtual users and performing the load and stress test
- Security Testing as a Service: TaaS scans the applications and websites for any vulnerability
Once user scenarios are created, and the test is designed, these service providers delivers servers to generate virtual traffic across the globe.
In Cloud, software testing occurs in following steps
- Develop users scenarios
- Design test cases
- Select cloud service provider
- Set up infrastructure
- Leverage cloud service
- Start testing
- Monitor goals
TaaS is useful when
- Testing of applications that require extensive automation and with short test execution cycle.
- Performing testing task that don't ask for in-depth knowledge of the design or the system
- For ad-hoc or irregular testing activities that require extensive resources.
- Flexible Test Execution and Test Assets
- Some users claim 40-60% savings in the cloud testing vs. the traditional testing model
- Achieve a fast return of investments by eliminating the investment made after hardware procurement, management, and maintenance, software licensing, etc.
- Deliver product in quicker time through rapid procurement, project set-up, and execution
- Ensure data integrity and anytime anywhere accessibility
- Reduce operational costs, maintenance costs and investments
- Pay as you use
|Business Domain Knowledge|