In this class, you will learn test automation using QTP now called as HP Functional Test. It is recommended you refer the tutorials sequentially.
What should I know?
The tutorials are designed for beginners with little or no automation experience. Before you begin, refer this guide to install QTP. Knowledge of VBScript will help.
- - Introduction to QTP & ADD - Ins
- - First Look Flight Reservation Application
- - How to use QTP IDE
- - Record & Run Settings | Recording the Script
- - Object Identification (Must Watch)
- - Understanding Expert View
- - Understanding Recorded Script
- - Replay | Run Settings
- - Test Results for QTP
- - Parametrization
- - Checkpoints - Standard CheckPoints
- - OutPut Values
- - If & Else Loop
- - Reporter.Report Event | Results Formatting
- - Actions
- - SMART Identification
- - Object Property Modification
- - Ordinal Identifiers
- - Local Object Repository
- - Develop Script in EXPERT View
- - Recording Modes in QTP
- - User Defined Functions
- - Transactions
- - Recovery Scenarios
- - Optional Step
- - GetROProperty | Object Spy
- - Descriptive Programming - Part 1
- - Test Automation Frameworks - (This is an Article not a Video)
- - Creating Automation Frameworks with QTP
- - Definite Guide to QTP Certification
- - Business Process Testing(BPT)
- - Using Excel with QTP
- - Mobile Testing with QTP
- - Environment Variable in QTP
- - API Testing with QTP
Object identification process of QTP (HP UFT) is the core of its automation technology. Understanding the object identification process of QTP is key to becoming successful automation engineer. Pay attention to following lessons.
Parameterization enables you to run the same QTP test for different test data. Checkpoints adjudicate the pass or fail status to your automation tests.
The biggest challenge in automation is recognizing GUI objects and manipulating those objects. QTP provides a range of tools like smart identification, ordinal identifiers, to deal with these challenges. Let’s study them-
The goal of QTP automation is to run the test scripts unattended 24X7. But things can go wrong. A robust automation script should be able to handle any exceptions that may arise during script execution. Recovery scenarios will check and fix any error that occur during the automation of the script.
A frame work is a set of guideline for test automation which when followed during automation scripting produce beneficial outcomes like increase code re-usage, higher portability , reduced script maintenance cost, etc. Let’s study different types of frameworks.
API are becoming very popular since it is time efficient, language independent, have easy GUI integration. QTP gives you a broad spectrum of features to do API testing.