Definite Guide to QTP Certification
QTP 11 Version was introduced in the month of September 2010 and in July 2011, QTP 11 Certification (Code: HPO-M47) have been introduced in the place of QTP 10 certification. QTP 10 Certification has become obsolete.
This exam is conducted by HP in collaboration with the Pearson VUE. Before, it was taken care by prometric centers but now it is handled by Pearson VUE from Feb 1st, 2012.
Changes in QTP 11 Certification:
Candidates need to take both Quality Center and the QTP exams to get certified in AIS (Accredited Integration Specialist) certificate. But, QTP 11 certification itself is enough to get certified in QTP 11 certification (HP-AIS – Functional testing – HPO-M47).
QTP Certification: Examination Details:
Following are the details about the model of Question Paper:
There will be totally 72 questions with different types of questions:
- Single Choice Selection
- Multiple Choice Selection
- Drag and Drop
- Point and Click
- True or False
Examination time is for 105 minutes and need to score minimum of 75% to get certified.
- Candidates should visit the HP site and get the learners ID.
- Using that learners ID, Candidate have to create a user profile in the Pearson VUE site.
- Exam fees of Rs.2600 have to be provided through debit or credit card.
- Acknowledgement mail will be received along with the examination date and the registration number for the exam.
QTP 11 Certification Syllabus:
Following points talks about the topics covered for this certification – Link to HP sitefor more details:
Automated test planning
- Plan for general testing and automation.
- Plan for QTP testing.
- Identify and describe features and settings.
- Explain QTP licensing and packaging.
Basic test creation and how QTP works with objects
- Create the basic test.
- Explain how QTP works with objects.
- Add steps without recording.
- Explain the purpose and operation of Smart Identification feature
Basic test verification and enhancement
- Add standard and custom verification points.
- Enhance tests with parameters.
- Add custom checkpoints.
- Add database checkpoints.
- Add bitmap checkpoints.
- View test results.
Modular automated test builds
- Explain how to build modular QTP tests with Actions.
- Use a Shared Object Repository.
QTP and ALM integration
- Explain the QTP/ALM connection.
- Define ALM management of QTP resources.
- Explain versioning features in QTP
Automated test troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot Object Recognition problems.
- Use Recovery scenarios.
- Use the Debugging Tool.
- Measure System Performance.
- Configure log tracking
Advanced QTP Scripting
- Import and export Excel sheets.
- Get and set object properties.
- Identify descriptive programming to bypass repository.
- Describe Expert View features.
- Describe dynamic object programming.
- Identify and describe VBScript elements.
- Recognize Web Add-in Extensibility.
- Describe Web event recording use and configuration.
- Identify new web testing capabilities.
- Explore more on the tools menus of QTP
- Shortcut keys
- Properties of all the objects
- Tool Features
Take Mock Certification Test Here.