Enter the Transaction code SPRO in the SAP Command Field and Press Enter
In the next screen Select SAP reference IMG
In next screen-"Display IMG" navigate the following menu path :
SAP Customizing Implementation Guide Financial Accounting -> Financial Accounting Global Settings->Fiscal Years -> Maintain Fiscal Year Variant (Maintain Shortened Fiscal Year )
In the next screen, Select "New Entries" from the Application Toolbar
In the next screen , Enter the following Data
- Enter two digit unique fiscal year variant key
- Enter a Description for Variant created.
- If Fiscal Year is year dependent , that is if start and end dates for fiscal year changes between year, then select this option, normally it is used for shortened fiscal year.
- If Fiscal Year is same as calendar year , that is Jan - Dec , then select this option.
- Enter the number of posting periods for this fiscal year
- Enter the number of special posting periods for this Fiscal year, that is used for closing activities.
After entering all required data , Press Save from the standard toolbar
In the next screen, Enter the customizing request number and you have created a new Fiscal year Variant
For Maintaining the period dates , that is if the Fiscal year Variant is not Calendar Year, then we can maintain the Posting period by
- Select the Fiscal Year Variant you want to maintain the period
- Select the Periods folder
In the next screen , Maintain the periods for the Fiscal year in Ascending order
After maintaining the periods , Press "Save" in SAP Standard Toolbar